No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +11.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » does anyone even play?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author does anyone even play?
Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2016-01-21 12:46   
Quote:
On 2016-01-21 05:25, Painfulangel wrote:
Perhaps an investment in actual professional gaming industry developers and game designers would actually shift the game in new directions.

Sure, I reckon that'll only take like a small fortune or something. Everyone's got one of those under their mattress... right?

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2016-01-21 19:39   
Still waiting for Stations to get both, Wormhole & Jumpdrive on a shared Cooldown

-> http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=51414&forum=36&30

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2016-01-22 12:36   
Quote:
On 2016-01-21 19:39, NoBoDx wrote:
Still waiting for Stations to get both, Wormhole & Jumpdrive on a shared Cooldown

-> http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=51414&forum=36&30

They've already added that, but they are on different cooldowns. Also, the station JD now jumps slower and doesn't have enough fuel for long range jumps.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2016-02-16 13:59   
Quote:
On 2016-01-11 02:28, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:
On 2015-12-05 16:17, AshesOfHegemony wrote:
i'm playing Elite: Dangerous now. leading a group named Reign of Annihilation. I'm considering coming back and playing this game. I played it a lot as a pre-teen. It was so simple and fun. Many good memories made. I'm thinking about bringing some friends with me to come play this again.

Same here. Been on Elite:D for a few weeks now.
The thing is, no one seems to like the changes made to the game after 1.6x.

Maybe perfect imbalance was right. Factions do need imbalances in some ways to make the game fun or challenging to play. UGTO with their ridiculous armor, Kluth with their sneaky permanent cloak, and ICC with their...... QQ....

Until such time, I'll check in from time to time....

Exactly. A perfectly balanced game is not fun to play. Back when UGTO (RSM) hugged the 20 planet depots, it was still fun to play. I remember swarming the MV in 20 stats from end to end the last night before the last major server change a few years back. Michelle completely full of depots was insane.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2016-02-16 22:48   
I just don't like the mechanic of losing prestige for your deaths, having nobody to play with anyhow, and the number of bugs that drove my friends away from this immediately.
Been playing Star Conflict and Robocraft.

It's kind of cute that you guys keep this game around, but it's really in need of a modern remake and rethink.

The premise is pretty simple, isn't it? Customizable ships, building on planets, projectiles that can be evaded, and enhancements that further punish your paying subscribers for dying :3

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2016-02-20 11:13   
I will be playing the game in two weeks.

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2016-02-25 15:52   
Quote:
On 2016-02-20 11:13, Pakhos[+R] wrote:

Don't you mean Two Weeks™?

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2016-02-29 12:35   
hell pakhos comes back i might even drop by to give this old girl a whirl.

cctv dude99
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2016-03-17 16:48   
Quote:

Hell I played this game 7 years ago and I remember that joke.

Remembered this game was a thing after digging around my old HDD, maybe I'll come try it out again. I'm surprised there's no policy on deleting accounts; it's been at least 6 years since I last logged in.

I will subscribe in Two Weeks™...

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2016-04-17 02:28   
I log in once every year to scare some peeps .

So many ships been added!.

Nine Arts Dragon
Marshal

Posted: 2016-04-17 09:52   
The games biggest problem has been the retention of new players and has been for some time.

Efforts need to be made to keep new players around for longer. Pres bonus's for account age, the ability to jump a rank when your account hits a year old. stuff like that. it dosent even need to be fair it just needs to keep new players interested in playing.

A more diverse drop and item system, the ability to start with a blank ship and add to it using drops the same way you would build your char in another MMO.

i can think of any number of things to make the game more n00b friendly.

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-04-17 13:21   
Quote:
On 2016-04-17 09:52, Nine Arts Dragon wrote:
A more diverse drop and item system

This could be cool. Like dropping credit packs, or temporary prestige boosters. Presently the low-end enhancement drops are quite useless, most people discard them anyway so what is the point of them beside cluttering storage? Having the ability to sell lower-end enhancements to starports for credits, or combine X number of enhancements to forge an upgraded enhancement via factories would be awesome.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2016-04-25 20:01   
Quote:
On 2016-04-17 13:21, Riley! wrote:
This could be cool. Like dropping credit packs, or temporary prestige boosters. Presently the low-end enhancement drops are quite useless, most people discard them anyway so what is the point of them beside cluttering storage? Having the ability to sell lower-end enhancements to starports for credits, or combine X number of enhancements to forge an upgraded enhancement via factories would be awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the only way to get those low end enhancements? The advantage to using them is they have no durability so if you're one of those people who dies constantly they're a decent choice.

Being able to combine a number of enhancements of one tier for one of the next tier up would be nice though.

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2016-05-12 08:40   
Quote:
On 2016-02-25 15:52, Taelon wrote:
Quote:

Don't you mean Two Weeks™?

^^^This

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2016-05-12 17:59   
*hand bursts through the ground*

Bring back the Old Metaverse layout. Bring back the old Stations. Bring back actual BOMBING!

I miss many of the old things, the old MV, the old Jump Drives where you could (if you wanted to) jump from one system to the next rather then using a gate. WH fishing was fun too, took lot of luck, but was fun. The old plant bombing, even the old nuking system was fun, just needed some better PD system on planets to make it harder. Tech swapping/stealing was fun back then too.....oh god that was ages ago.

As a treat, how about the really old.....Interdictors........good times.

Games really never been the same since....1.4 or was it 1.5, remember a massive change back then that wasn't for the better, really.

Now i head back to sleep

*crawls back into grave*

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026388 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR