No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sub & unsub
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Sub & unsub
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-06-24 03:17   
$40 is such a big money and it's terrible to see it slide away. I know you hurt and pity.
I'd suggest you select basic subscription $4.99 to retouch these ships, remove enhancements and enjoy 1 month with 12 ships.
Considering spending $5 is wiser than losing $40, do you agree?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2016-06-24 12:18   
Quote:
On 2016-06-21 16:55, Azreal wrote:
If the mods on ships were returned to storage, than the issue is gone. The problem is that you dont get a chance to spawn anytthing to strip it. If you could do so in garage than maybe that could help.

Enhancements represent a real payed for asset, something that has "real world" value, theoretically. Saying otherwise is just telling us not to buy them (as they would then not be "worth anything").

Saying that I should expect that my money is wasted is not a proper answer. For a dying game like this, its a horrible approach.

Letting us manage enhancements in the garage would be the best solution, though I'm not a coder so I don't know how hard it would be to implement.

Dumping any mods on ships in the extra slots into storage when a sub ends could also work, though that brings up the problem of what happens if your storage is full.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-06-24 13:19   
There is no need to code anything.
The procedure for this problem usually be like this:
  1. Player submits ticket.
  2. Administrator removes the enhancement and warns no next time.
  3. Case closes.

This act is the after sale customer service.

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-06-24 14:04   
Quote:
On 2016-06-24 12:18, Talien wrote:
Letting us manage enhancements in the garage would be the best solution, though I'm not a coder so I don't know how hard it would be to implement.

Dumping any mods on ships in the extra slots into storage when a sub ends could also work, though that brings up the problem of what happens if your storage is full.

Management of enhancements from storage/shipspawn screen would require a lot of work. It would be nice, but I think it would take a lot more time to implement.

Like Troy mentioned, I think the easiest solution might be to refund the credit value after deducting the enhancement damage.

Thoughts?
[ This Message was edited by: Riley! on 2016-06-24 14:06 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-06-30 23:33   
We've had a ship scrapping alert to keep us from accidentally scrapping our enhanced ships for a while now, but instead... why don't we just make it so that scrapping a ship dumps the enhancements in the garage? That fixes both the accidental scrapping problem and the unsubbing problem, since you could just scrap your ships and get the enhancements back.

It's probably too technical to just 'do' that though, I'm sure...

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2016-07-01 00:57   
Quote:
On 2016-06-30 23:33, Incinarator wrote:

Problem being is you're fleet locked, and have full storage..

Refunding credits with reduction would fix all outcomes.

[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2016-07-01 01:22 ]

Email TroyMars
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-07-01 03:46   
Quote:
On 2016-07-01 00:57, TroyMars wrote:
Quote:
On 2016-06-30 23:33, Incinarator wrote:

Problem being is you're fleet locked, and have full storage..

Refunding credits with reduction would fix all outcomes.

[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator on 2016-07-01 03:47 ]

Of course, but I know that programming has its quirks sometimes. Perhaps my idea is so easy it could be implemented almost instantly, while yours cannot. Maybe.

Besides, both our ideas have different possibly unwanted side effects that perhaps the devs don't want to introduce along with the fix. Refunding enhancements for credits could, for instance, be used to recycle 'enhanced' enhancements that drop from kills into advanced ones, or for changing undesireable enhancements into others.

Giving the devs more options is never a bad thing.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2016-07-01 23:24   
Quote:
On 2016-07-01 03:46, Incinarator wrote:

... Refunding enhancements for credits could, for instance, be used to recycle 'enhanced' enhancements that drop from kills into advanced ones, or for changing undesireable enhancements into others.

I had thought about that. They could let's say lock the last four ships in the garage. I could then modify and remove the eight ships I can use like mining ships with no enhancements until down to eight.

Email TroyMars
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2016-07-06 11:20   
Quote:
On 2016-06-24 14:04, Riley! wrote:
Quote:
On 2016-06-24 12:18, Talien wrote:

Management of enhancements from storage/shipspawn screen would require a lot of work. It would be nice, but I think it would take a lot more time to implement.

Like Troy mentioned, I think the easiest solution might be to refund the credit value after deducting the enhancement damage.

Thoughts?

Someone could just load up the excess ships with enhancements that they got as drops but will never use and get free credits.

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2016-07-06 11:46   
Quote:
On 2016-07-06 11:20, Talien wrote:

Someone could just load up the excess ships with enhancements that they got as drops but will never use and get free credits.

As of right now their's no easy was to refund anything. I just recently found out the 8 advanced weapons coolers I bought don't appear to do anything on weapon stats.

I have no way to get rid of them out of my garage because I don't obviously want to throw away 6400 credits, and the Mods will only refund the ones bought in the past ten days... ask me if any of them were brought in the last ten days before I found the glitch?

Email TroyMars
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2016-07-06 15:11   
Quote:
On 2016-07-06 11:46, TroyMars wrote:

As of right now their's no easy was to refund anything. I just recently found out the 8 advanced weapons coolers I bought don't appear to do anything on weapon stats.

I have no way to get rid of them out of my garage because I don't obviously want to throw away 6400 credits, and the Mods will only refund the ones bought in the past ten days... ask me if any of them were brought in the last ten days before I found the glitch?

That was more to an automated way of doing it, if it's by individual ticket then yeah it's not exactly an exploitable thing because it gets handled by an admin on a case by case basis.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.025371 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR