No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +14.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » [3Nov16] This article is WRONG.
 Author [3Nov16] This article is WRONG.
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-11-03 14:54   
http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/recent-space-shooters-have-missed-a-major-opportunity/

"So far, the only space game to truly allow a large amount of players to participate in PvP with a wide range of ships is EVE Online. Even in other smaller scale multiplayer games, players are almost always limited to a few similar types of ships. In EVE, however, players can control everything from a tiny interceptor to a massive, station-killing Titan. Nothing is off limits and many times a group of smaller fighters can take down the bigger ships."

This is blatantly wrong, DarkSpace exists. D:

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2016-11-06 01:25   
...I feel like it's 2002 all over again...

-Dem

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2016-11-06 08:15   
Quote:
On 2016-11-06 01:25, Demorian wrote:
...I feel like it's 2002 all over again...

-Dem

It isn't 2002 for another Two Weeks™

[ This Message was edited by: kenetiks on 2016-11-06 08:16 ]

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-11-06 16:30   
Quote:
On 2016-11-03 14:54, Bardiche wrote:

"So far, the only space game to truly allow a large amount of players to participate in PvP with a wide range of ships is EVE Online. Even in other smaller scale multiplayer games, players are almost always limited to a few similar types of ships."

We only have a few similar types of ships. This is accurate. Engy, Tranny, dessie, cruiser, dread, station. 6 types of ships.

Quote:

In EVE, however, players can control everything from a tiny interceptor to a massive, station-killing Titan. Nothing is off limits and many times a group of smaller fighters can take down the bigger ships."

Never played Eve. Ever. But back in 2001-/02 I used to play Battlecruiser 3000ad. You could launch a fighter or shuttle and then switch to control it. You could put your main vessel on auto pilot to designated waypoints. Was an absolute blast. Wish we had this, but we dont. So this part is also true.

Quote:

...which part....? DarkSpace does exist, but the game they describe is NOT DarkSpace.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2016-11-07 06:37   
on another note....Yo Bard! how ya been man!!!

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2016-11-24 13:31   
Quote:
On 2016-11-06 16:30, Azreal wrote:
We only have a few similar types of ships. This is accurate. Engy, Tranny, dessie, cruiser, dread, station. 6 types of ships.

Did Scouts and Frigates get removed in the past few months while I've not had internet access?

Actually I still don't have internet access, I'm at my parents' place for Thanksgiving and figured I'd check in.

Pand0rum (Dragoon)
Marshal

Posted: 2016-11-25 11:47   
Lol those wannabies

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2016-12-21 19:59   
Quote:
On 2016-11-06 16:30, Azreal wrote:
Never played Eve. Ever. But back in 2001-/02 I used to play Battlecruiser 3000ad. You could launch a fighter or shuttle and then switch to control it. You could put your main vessel on auto pilot to designated waypoints. Was an absolute blast. Wish we had this, but we dont. So this part is also true.

Never played Eve? Woah man, you missed out on the heyday of one of the greatest space mmo's ever. That's just my opinion though. Take it for what it's worth.

I played industry for the longest span. 10 years on and off. I chanced meeting some pirates who lived in the adjacent system(low sec pocket 0.4). Knew them for the longest time.So, wanting to get in on some PvP, I bought a 30mil skill point pure pvp character off the bazar. At the time, the character was awesome. No wasted skillpoints on anything but pvp. Couldn't even fly a t1 transport ship. So, I got in with them, and had an absolute blast. I got good enough that I while the others weren't paying attention to another low sec system, I caught an indy capital(Rorqual, which is 1bil+ isk ship by itself with no fittings at all) cyno'ing into the next door system. It resulted in me decloaking and tackling it. I called in the cavalry and to my surprise, when we were killing it, ANOTHER Rorq got decloaked. So all told, I caught 30 billion isk in two ships. It happened that a snapty alliance was evac'ing at the time and this was part of their equipment being moved. It took me bringing three industry toons bringing in a deepspace transport, andnot one, but two Orca's ninja'ing in and out(we had a pos with bubble up in system) to get all the dropped loot and ships out.

I laughed for two days over this while I sold off all their loot and we had a pretty good payday off those two kills.

Ah, memories. *chuckles*

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2017-01-21 19:11   

I want to play a game.

Not Microsoft Excel in Space.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2017-01-21 23:02   
Quote:
On 2016-12-21 19:59, kenetiks wrote:
low sec system, I caught an indy capital(Rorqual, which is 1bil+ isk ship by itself with no fittings at all) cyno'ing into the next door system. It resulted in me decloaking and tackling it. I called in the cavalry and to my surprise, when we were killing it, ANOTHER Rorq got decloaked. So all told, I caught 30 billion isk in two ships. It happened that a snapty alliance was evac'ing at the time and this was part of their equipment being moved. It took me bringing three industry toons bringing in a deepspace transport, andnot one, but two Orca's ninja'ing in and out(we had a pos with bubble up in system) to get all the dropped loot and ships out

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2017-01-24 16:34   
Quote:
On 2016-11-03 14:54, Bardiche wrote:
http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/recent-space-shooters-have-missed-a-major-opportunity/

"So far, the only space game to truly allow a large amount of players to participate in PvP with a wide range of ships is EVE Online. Even in other smaller scale multiplayer games, players are almost always limited to a few similar types of ships. In EVE, however, players can control everything from a tiny interceptor to a massive, station-killing Titan. Nothing is off limits and many times a group of smaller fighters can take down the bigger ships."

Man, that takes me waaaay back.

Email Jim Starluck
Page created in 0.038539 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR