No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +11.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestion: Removing T1 Engineers?
 Author Suggestion: Removing T1 Engineers?
AlecciaRosewater
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2017-12-14 11:00   
This seens to be a major source of tension between new arrivals that are trying out different things and old players who have their ways set in stone. Engineering ships are all about managing resources that are both finite and shared. Planet layouts, platform cap limits, bombardment recovery. Every single thing built by an engineer is a tradeoff of some kind.

As a new arrival it seens that the mere sight of me being in an engineer ship is enough to create drama, and I can only assume that this would also be the case for everyone else.

Should the entire ship category be made only avalible for mid-high ranks only? 10 year old vets, what do you think of this?

The assumption here would be that anyone with the rank to use a engineer ship would also have the experience and more importantly the trust to use it in a manner that their teammates would approve of. Newcomers would simply have to pick a different role to perform.

This "only" leaves six very different roles for newcomers to help out the team.
Supply Ship
Troop Transport
Wingman
Bombardment Training
Feint/Distraction
Recon

New arrivals will be fine I think. All that really matters is what you vets think about the idea of engineers only being avalible to vet players

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2017-12-14 19:45   
i wouldnt worry about engineers going anywhere anytime soon.

AlecciaRosewater
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2017-12-15 05:59   
Quote:
On 2017-12-14 19:45, Doran wrote:
i wouldnt worry about engineers going anywhere anytime soon.

This is not a *worry*. I know for certain that engineering ships for newcomers will stay. At least, unless a newcomer like me speaks out about the topic.

I am literally arguing in favor of something that provides negative benefit for me as a newcomer. Instead the benefit is for veteran players, who would no longer have to worry about clueless newcomers (or cheating alts apparently) ruining their stuff. This in turn makes my life easier as a newcomer, as vets have fewer reasons to distrust me.
[ This Message was edited by: AlecciaRosewater on 2017-12-15 05:59 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2018-02-02 14:25   
Unless something changed since the last time I played, planets can be locked by higher ranked players to prevent inexperienced builders from.....creating sub-optimal layouts.

The big problem I see is without a scen server there's no easy way to teach anyone about building, plus the really good builders who had the patience to explain things are mostly gone anyway so who's left to even do the teaching?

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2018-02-02 16:40   
Quote:
On 2018-02-02 14:25, Talien wrote:
Unless something changed since the last time I played, planets can be locked by higher ranked players to prevent inexperienced builders from.....creating sub-optimal layouts.

The big problem I see is without a scen server there's no easy way to teach anyone about building, plus the really good builders who had the patience to explain things are mostly gone anyway so who's left to even do the teaching?

*raises hand* i'd be willing.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

EvilxFish
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2018-02-13 13:12   
Yes it is true newcomers mess up planets. When I was a newcomer so did I. But you learn both from feedback from teammates and by totally screwing things up. I would argue this process is important for newcomers and at the end of the day as long as they aren't screwing up strategically important planets, it doesn't matter too much and one can fix their mistakes (albeit going grrr why can't people build planets properly) at the same time.

7-121
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2018-02-16 19:22   
The only issue with this is that in order to become a really good DS engineer the experience is needed as the engineer in the beginning!

I liked using the engie because once you figure it out you can really make great planets or fortify other planets.

Supply plats are always useful too.

Bad engies can kill systems but that is also what the level lock on certain planets is for.

In lower levels it's best to practice on the safer planets that you have in the home system. Barren ones are good.

If you're good then just be the engie on all of em!

Page created in 0.019184 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR