No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Nobody will remember me...but.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Nobody will remember me...but.
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2021-05-14 05:19   
I used to love playing this game back in the day, took a break about 15 years ago... came back to check things out.

I subbed in January for 6 months out of a sense of nostalgia and a debt to the community that I used to enjoy spending time with.

There has been alot of changes since I last played, prestige for one seems alot easier to get. I still enjoyed playing even though for the most part I was alone...maybe one other player on, if I was lucky (you know who you are...lol)

What really set this game apart in my mind was the community, even perusing the forum... that too seems all but gone. What made the community so great at the time was of course the people that made the difference... something that was and still is lacking in most games out there. There wasn't huge flame wars, or trolls or ganking that seems to plague so many games just a real sense of welcoming, that led to an enjoyable experience for all.

I will be checking in from time to time, but to be honest I doubt I will be playing much...probably much like anyone who reads this.

Mostly I spend my time playing a DANGEROUS game that I am not quite ELITE in. Anyway, see you around the Galaxy.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2021-05-16 23:30   
Howdy...
I play a bit...mostly MV...maybe I'll see you about...

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2021-05-30 05:38   
Ahh, the legendary Azreal, I spent a short time as a 'Luthie. We played together before, I remember once we had 20-25 'luth destroyers on a raid. It's memorable to me, because I used to play with a dial up connection back then (only connection I could get at my place, at the time). Anti-matter torps going off everywhere, I think I was only getting like 3-5 frames a sec. still fun though.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2021-06-16 21:15   
I've also recently popped my head back in. Only encountered some AI but still makes good target practice, and good for dusting off some rusty old skills.

Email UnknownWarrior
Virus
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2021-06-21 22:42   
Where did i park that Station!

Ah the old days, playing DS all night all with my buds.

I remember you

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2021-06-22 13:09   
I remember the long nights, especially when we first formed Raven, attack runs with everyone on TeamSpeak....

Ah the good ol' days.

Email UnknownWarrior
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2021-06-24 19:13   
Damn, it's been a long time since everyone posting in a thread has had a user ID under 100k.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2021-06-25 14:32   
No matter how long I stay away Jack I would never be able to forget DS or my DS Friends and Family here. This place will forever be a part of me.

Email UnknownWarrior
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2021-06-27 16:36   
Quote:
On 2021-06-25 14:32, UnknownWarrior wrote:
No matter how long I stay away Jack I would never be able to forget DS or my DS Friends and Family here. This place will forever be a part of me.

I give this comment 2 thumbs up

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Echo-One*P6*(Angel Of Wrath)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2021-07-05 04:35   
Missed you guys so much. I basically spent my highschool here with yall. I used to check the game from time to time, see if it picks up again, but only a few people on if any. I hope it becomes popular again, it was a refuge for me after my father passed away, used to have the most wonderful times here with yall. Echo One saluting you all!

Slithis
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2021-07-09 21:03   
DA DUNT....DA DUNT.....

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2021-07-23 18:04   
Friends of DS return. Truely loyal friends never un-sub even if they rarely pop their head in (raises hand to admit guilt). For the better part of a decade now...2012 was when I was last REALLY active & about the same goes for the game. $9.99//mo for a good 10 yrs fo for which 9 of those I've maybe been on a few days if adding up the hours.

Over the years I took more than a few breaks as well but eventually came back. Sadly though it seems...like the Witchers...there are fewer & fewer of us as time goes.
[ This Message was edited by: Entil-Zha the Starkiller on 2021-07-23 18:06 ]

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2021-07-23 18:09   
Quote:
On 2021-06-24 19:13, BackSlash wrote:
Damn, it's been a long time since everyone posting in a thread has had a user ID under 100k.

If I hadn't forgotten about my original account when I "got serious" I'd still be under that mark. I think my original was 72988...it was some where in the 70ks.

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2021-07-30 22:31   
DarkSpace 2, Git Er Dun!

Daisy
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2021-08-13 03:52   
Quote:
On 2021-05-14 05:19, Captain Sternn wrote:
There wasn't huge flame wars, or trolls or ganking that seems to plague so many games just a real sense of welcoming, that led to an enjoyable experience for all.

I'm not sure, you might have missed the period of time where 3-5 K'Luth would dogpile and relentlessly pursue any UGTO or ICC player that showed their face. And then the interdictors locking players down... back when those disabled your jump drive, and cloak lasted indefinitely

It's nice to still see players around, and I would love to see a Dark Space 2, this game still does some things that I haven't seen done anywhere else, especially back in the day when planets could launch fighters and missiles!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024013 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR