No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New to Darkspace
 Author New to Darkspace
jarladin

Posted: 2022-04-13 16:21   
Found this game while looking for old mmorpgs. Is it worth playing solo?

Raikuma
Admiral

Posted: 2022-05-07 01:07   
Yes.

Email Raikuma
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2022-05-07 07:35   
It is, if you're a bit patient. DS is an old game, and can play like it too. Sometimes there's a bit of a grind for something, but it's worth it when you achieve a certain badge or rank. If you're just starting out there will seem like a lot to learn. Luckily you can take your time and learn things your way, and there will occasionally be another player who will 99% of the time be helpful. DS has a lot of mechanics, and most of them are pretty fun and often unique.

Saturnaal
Admiral

Posted: 2022-05-19 18:39   
I've been playing solo lately and I definitely think the game is worth playing, even if you're the only one online. I end up having to stop by shipyards to switch out ships fairly frequently to perform different tasks, but that provides some variety in play style which I enjoy. The server spawns enough NPCs to keep things interesting - no shortage of fights to be had. It can be a little frustrating to have a constant stream of NPCs, including dreads, dropping in on you but there are ways to work around it. You can pull hostiles towards friendly NPCs, start captures on different planets to pull enemies to jump away from other battlespaces, etc etc. The ability to hire and command NPC allies helps some with this too.

Have been having a great time jumping into the metaverse for just a few hours each day, and gaining prestige fairly quickly, even if it's a pale substitute for true fleet play. It would be nice if there were a way to get short term allies besides the items which spawn them for credits, like being able to command certain NPCs with sufficient rank or something. Of course, the game really shines brightest when you're cooperating alongside a group of other players.

Hope to see you in-game!

Email Saturnaal
Page created in 0.009798 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR