No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Staff Announcements » » NA Staff Meeting Transcript 2002-04-23
 Author NA Staff Meeting Transcript 2002-04-23
Selvarian {IMC}
Cadet

Posted: 2002-04-23 23:13   
* EVENT: 'NA Region Staff Meeting' event is starting now...
03:00:24 [-GTN-]SkyLander: "so score for me!"
03:00:25 [-GTN-]Mog: "CS 1.4 gets released tomorrow"
03:00:39 [-GTN-]SkyLander: "cs suxzorz"
03:00:41 [PB]Thundarr: "evening"
03:00:58 [-GTN-]SkyLander: "ill be quiet now"
02:56:47 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Greetings all, thanks for attending.... We have just a few

items on the list for tonight, so hopefully, this will be a short meeting"
03:01:04 [PB]Smokey: "sorry there is already alot of stuff to track in battle.... i don't

want to have to worry about "charging" my jumpdrive"
* Taelron laughs... famous last words
03:01:31 [PS]-mac-: ":_"
03:01:34 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "lol"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "You have any items to add to the list?"
03:02:04 [-GTN-]Demorian: "hehehe"
* [PS]-mac- whispered "Just a reiteration of documenting official actions (for what good it

does "
02:58:08 [PS]Selvarian: "If anyone has any items that they want to discuss, whisper them to

me."
03:02:22 [-GTN-]Demorian: "i wanna do a quick start by saying: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLELUIA!! for

the new mod bug has been fixed. okay i'm done now."
03:02:39 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "WOOT"
03:02:49 [PB]Smokey: "hehe"
* Taelron whispered "mod mode so i stop loosing pres dealing with 14 year olds..."
02:58:47 [PS]Selvarian: "First, I think the topic that has been weighing heavily on my mind

of late is the Full Moon for Game Staff."
* [DoH]DarkWanderer whispered "maybe start off with items from sundays admin meeting? stuff

that may have pertained to last weeks staff meeting?"
* [PS]-mac- whispered "Other than that, it's been a relatively quiet week"
02:59:46 [PS]Selvarian: "We've had a rash of troubles with a number of moderators, and I

wanted to see what you all have to report from "the trenches""
03:04:49 [PB]Smokey: "i think the last week we've had some real "characters" come into the

lobby.. )"
03:00:35 [PS]Selvarian: "Obviously, the Barthezzz situation has been resolved, for the time

being. Does anyone have anything to comment or ask on that subject?"
03:05:30 [-GTN-]Mog: "Barthezzz situation???"
03:01:19 [PS]Selvarian: "..and Dem is correct, the mod color bug has been fixed."
* [PB]Thundarr whispered "didn't no what happened so cant comment =)"
03:05:37 Taelron: "well since the free trial a lot of people came on. Few if any read the

terms of service, and seamed shocked there are rules... and are now actively sowwing dissent

because they feel they got a week free, so they should keep getting it free..."
03:05:59 [PB]Smokey: "barth spamming the forums he is a moderator of.. etc.."
* [PB]Shigernafy wonders why Taelron has a n00b color...
03:01:57 [PS]Selvarian: "Uh, what part of "no" do they not understand?"
* [-GTN-]Demorian slaps [PB]Shigernafy.
03:06:22 [-GTN-]Demorian: "every part, Selv."
03:06:23 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "He's a meanie greenie on my screen "
03:06:36 [-GTN-]Demorian: "I had someone ask me "what's an RoC?""
* Gideon wonders why you would spam in a forum like that...
03:06:46 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Praetorian, he means the font color"
03:07:01 [PB]Smokey: "so that you can increase your post count stat in the forum..."
03:02:48 [PS]Selvarian: "Well, No, I mean for the players who want to continue on the "free

plan"."
03:07:10 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "yeah, and I'm still gonna call him a meanie greenie *L*"
03:07:11 Taelron: "Well the Bath situation has been addressed in PMF, bringing it up

repeatidly is just wasting effort... he did something wrong, got popped, if he messes up

again, good bye... no need to keep reliving it"
03:07:20 Gideon: "But why would you want to..."
03:07:21 [-GTN-]Demorian: "oh i see"
03:07:39 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Selvarian, if they want it free, they can get it free. they just

can't rank up. bottom line."
03:03:29 [PS]Selvarian: "No, Tael, it's not up for rediscussion."
03:08:00 [-GTN-]Demorian: "there really is no discussion and if they make a big deal out of

it as if it is their right, then they're breaking the RoC, at least IMHO"
03:08:10 Taelron: "sorry half in here/half reloading my laptop... "
03:03:59 [PS]Selvarian: "Just answering any last minute questions like "what do I do if I

see Barthezzz spamming the chatroom, etc?""
* [-GTN-]Praetorian slaps Taelron in the head...
03:08:37 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "Your tag better be your Desktop background "
03:04:28 [PS]Selvarian: "Simple answer, report it immediately to one of the admins."
03:08:45 Taelron: "just lately there has been an aweful lot of problems... so it looks like

we are being heavier handed than normal..."
03:08:46 [-[A`]-]|2eason: ":)"
* [PB]Thundarr whispered "do you do the mod purge yet? and are you looking for new mods?"
03:08:56 Gideon: "All of the recent behaviour does raise the question: How to be police the

police here?"
03:09:10 [-GTN-]Mog: "will there be a case of IP address banning??"
03:09:17 [PB]Smokey: "yeah i came online and like 20 min later i had to kick a player

because he was being dumb..."
03:09:18 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Gid: if a mod is acting up, write him up to an admin in private

or in the PMF"
03:09:42 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "Yeah, I agree with Selv, I've NEVER seen as many problems as

I've seen in the last few days...so it does seem the Mods are becoming beligerant"
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "Is Mog supposed to be talking? he isn't a mod, right?"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "yes, and soon"
03:09:45 Gideon: "Roger, but what do we do about the immediate problem?"
* [PB]Thundarr whispered "just checking =D"
03:10:11 Gideon: "In other words, how do we fix the hull breach in progress?"
03:05:58 [PS]Selvarian: "Players, please direct all comments to me in whispers."
03:10:20 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Gideon"
03:10:28 [-GTN-]Demorian: "RoC 3.2.8.c"
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "tnx, "
03:10:36 [-GTN-]Demorian: "If the infraction is major and the integrity of the Game or

Community is at stake, take immediate action."
03:10:44 [-GTN-]Demorian: "In these cases, it is always better to ask for forgiveness later

rather than suffer the consequences of the offender's actions in the present."
* [PIR]Prince Gato has entered the room...
03:10:52 [-GTN-]Demorian: "RoC 3.2.8.b"
03:11:03 [-GTN-]Demorian: "If the infraction is minor, attempt to communicate with the

offender and/or get him/her out of the situation."
03:11:07 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Generally, Staff members who are causing problems may be in a bad

mood or may have gotten themselves in a situation where their emotions have gotten the

better of them. Try to get them to leave the public eye in order to let them calm down and

think about what they have done. "
03:11:13 Gideon: "Roger."
03:11:37 Gideon: "Missed that section, sorry."
* [-GTN-]Praetorian taps his finger impatiently waiting for Playnet to process his

subscription...
* [-GTN-]Praetorian kicks Playnets billing server...
03:11:53 [-GTN-]Demorian: "oh yea and dont forget this"
03:12:04 [-GTN-]Demorian: "3.2.8.d"
03:12:09 [-GTN-]Demorian: "ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS report problems with other Staff members,

regardless of outcome, at once to the Community Manager and/or to PaleStar directly."
03:12:16 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Failure to do so does not do the Community any favors and, since

every Staff member's first duty is to the Community, this can be seen as an infraction in

and of itself. "
03:08:14 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. I wanted to bring this up mainly to see what else we might not

have seen, as I think I have seen more than enough this week, between Barthezz, DoomDragon,

Sunshine, et al."
* [PB]Shigernafy thinks Demorian talks too much, too fast...
03:12:41 [-GTN-]Demorian: "ah yes, DoomDragon"
* [-GTN-]Demorian thinks Shigidy is a dork.
03:12:54 [PB]Shigernafy: "shaddup"
03:08:47 [PS]Selvarian: "Folks, let's keep the noise level to a minimum. Thanks!"
03:13:10 Taelron: "maybe if a mod is exploiting at all, immediate strip...."
03:13:40 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "What happened with sunshine?"
03:13:41 [-GTN-]Demorian: "perhaps, Taelron....for players, ignorance of the rules is no

excuse....the question is, should that be emphasised more or less with the mods?"
03:13:44 Taelron: "If bad judgement call or temper issue then a probabtion, but outright

exploit should be insta-strip"
03:09:32 [PS]Selvarian: "Since DD is an EU mod, Sam and Sunshine are dealing with him. I

hope to talk to them tonight to see what they have done, since I have not seen a report of

it."
03:14:14 [-GTN-]Demorian: "roger"
03:14:16 [-GTN-]Mog: "duriing the game period, some sign of "Moderators present" would be

helpful"
03:14:23 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yea, what happened with sun?"
03:14:33 Gideon: "Sunshine?"
03:10:35 [PS]Selvarian: "Taking out Stations in the production servers."
* [-[A`]-]|2eason says, ``Players, please send all comments to Selvarian in a /whisper,

thanks!
03:15:12 [-GTN-]Demorian: "ah yes, he does that a lot"
03:11:04 [PS]Selvarian: "It's kinda a back-end agreement that such can be viewed as abuse."
03:15:23 Gideon: "This was unsanctioned?"
03:15:25 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "oh, that is what I though, thanks Selv, "
03:11:11 [PS]Selvarian: "No more he doesn't."
03:15:35 Gideon: "Wait a minute, this is wrong?"
* [-GTN-]Mog whispered "duriing the game period, some sign of "Moderators present" would be

helpful""
03:15:56 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Selv, has there ever been anything that specifically dictated to

admins that using ships far above the norm in a game is forbidden?"
* [-GTN-]Mog whispered "like a police presense"
03:16:14 Gideon: "I mean, no, I won't go into it, this could be misconstrued. I strike my

comments."
* [TWP]PizzaTheHut whispered "sunshine had station out same time or just after doom was

tagging at gate..."
03:12:08 [PS]Selvarian: "Sunshine is not a FA, therefore, he shouldn't be taking out

stations in a production server, where people's prestige can be affected."
03:16:20 Taelron: "a station on newbie? ouch... i could see something with that... but FA,

stations are to underpowered still"
03:12:50 [PS]Selvarian: "It doesn't matter.. it's just sets a bad trend."
* [-GTN-]Mog whispered "a special type of Admin/Moderator Station could be designed"
03:13:22 [PS]Selvarian: "Opens the door for potential accusations of impropriety."
03:17:57 [-GTN-]Demorian: "aye"
03:14:47 [PS]Selvarian: "Dem -> Outside of the RoC stating that staff shouldn't abuse their

authority and privileges, we have a few unwritten rules that we all adhere to, or at least

try to."
03:19:42 [-GTN-]Demorian: "okay cool, i was just thinking that its possible that sunshine

considered this some sort of special privelege....ah yea youre right, even then he should be

able to tell that its unfair"
* [PB]Thundarr whispered "good call....i would say that falls directly under the abuse

category"
03:19:45 [-GTN-]Demorian: "forget i said anything"
03:15:46 [PS]Selvarian: "Since the admin position is still fairly new, and it changing on a

daily basis (what responsibilities and authorities we have), it's a little hard to nail down

something in writing."
03:20:17 [-GTN-]Demorian: "aye"
03:16:24 [PS]Selvarian: "However, that day is fast approaching when it needs to be done."
03:16:49 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Next topic.. game status.."
* [TWP]PizzaTheHut whispered "more admins coming?"
* Gideon whispered "I have a status request. How well did the free trial go, overall and in

new admissions?"
03:17:55 [PS]Selvarian: "I've been talking with Faustus on and off in chat over the last few

days and he has been busting his tail trying to fix a plethora of bugs. As you know, he took

the beta MV down because it was hosing people's production MV ships."
* [-GTN-]Demorian snifs......like mine......
03:19:14 [PS]Selvarian: "He is still working on the new Missions system, but I think it will

take another week or two before it re-hits beta again. He will need to fix the beta MV ship

problem before any serious testing of the mission system can begin"
03:20:37 [PS]Selvarian: "It looks like the free trial netted another couple hundred

registered players, bringing the total to just over 1200."
* Blizzard has entered the room...
03:25:12 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yay! "
03:25:23 [ C `] otsunashi: "great!"
03:25:23 Gideon: "YES!!!"
03:25:27 [PB]Smokey: "yippe!!"
03:25:27 Blizzard: "WTF I wasn't informed of a staff meeting ="
* Gideon does a victory dance!
03:21:20 [PS]Selvarian: "He has put the beta Scenarios back up, and has been asking everyone

to test out the code."
03:26:04 [PB]Smokey: "Blizzard im surprised you didn't see the EVENT: msgs counting down to

meeting time"
03:26:12 Taelron: "its in the event list Blizzard"
03:22:01 [PS]Selvarian: "So, if you have some time, please offer up a bit of it in the

betas."
03:26:14 Blizzard: "Was at martial arts man."
03:26:17 Blizzard: "For the last 3 hours."
03:26:19 Blizzard: "How late am I?"
03:26:39 [PB]Smokey: "like 24 min or so.. it's okay"
03:26:48 Blizzard: "Good deal."
03:27:00 Blizzard: "If it's a staff meeting, why are tehre like ten non-staff here"
03:27:00 Blizzard: "lol"
03:27:01 Gideon: "Will do, I want to make sure that the ICC don't wind up as an uber

faction."
03:27:12 [PS]-mac-: "It might be a good idea to take a screen shot of your profile, prior to

going into a beta server, so that you will know if anything is awry when you resume normal

play"
03:23:02 [PS]Selvarian: "Other than that, the servers seem to have pretty much stabilized

except for a bug which causes the server instances to start eating CPU and memory at a

ridiculous rate."
* [-GTN-]Praetorian whispered "There ever going to be a position between Admin and Mod?"
03:28:32 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "lol, there are 4053 people with 0.00125 prestige or more, last

time i checked it was only at 2k "
* [ C `] otsunashi whispered "You may wish to remind them if they join a beta MV it will

erase their ship in the normal MV."
03:25:57 [PS]Selvarian: "* [-GTN-]Praetorian whispered "There ever going to be a position

between Admin and Mod?" Answer: Not at this time, as there is not currently any game

functions that can be segregated for another position. However, I can say that staff

organization will be chaning significantly in the coming months. Nothing concrete yet, but

much planning is going on right now to try to make everyone's responsibilities and authority

a lot more well-defined."
03:30:39 [-GTN-]Demorian: "I think such a position would just be different priveleges"
03:30:44 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "ok"
03:31:01 Gideon: "I hope noone will be leaving, I like you guys!"
03:31:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "for instance, highest ranked mod would have access to the most

site features, the most player "manipulation", etc...."
03:26:58 [PS]Selvarian: "otsunashi -> The beta MVs will not be returning until that weakness

is addressed (ship loss issue)"
03:31:25 [ C `] otsunashi: "ok"
03:31:39 [PB]Smokey: "i don't ever want to see anythhing like that Dem.. )"
03:31:57 [-GTN-]Demorian: "just a very preliminary impression Smokey"
03:32:05 [-GTN-]Demorian: "my words are not refined in any way or thought out for that

matter"
03:27:51 [PS]Selvarian: "Any questions/comments as to game status. Please keep it short;

lengthy subjects need to be addressed to the Bugs and Suggestions forums"
03:27:55 [PS]Selvarian: "?"
03:32:19 [PB]Smokey: "yeah just saying i wouldn't want it to happen.. )"
03:32:30 Taelron: "mod mode"
03:32:39 Gideon: "Is there going to be a balance patch before the updated MV is released?"
03:29:00 [PS]Selvarian: "Faustus hasn't said anything to me about mod mode/ships. I think he

is working on them, since they will be required for the TsN broadcasts."
* [-GTN-]Praetorian rubs his hands together greedily
03:29:40 [PS]Selvarian: "I don't know for sure, Gideon. I would hope that he releases

another bugs/balance patch shortly, but.."
03:33:59 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "good, should be interesting..."
03:34:01 [PB]Thundarr: "sorry....Faustus posted a possible update as soon as tomorrow to

address part of the ICC problem in case anyone missed the post"
03:34:21 Gideon: "Thanks, just saw it ."
03:31:05 [PS]Selvarian: "Something I should point out; DarkSpace balance is done very

subjectively. Until a thorough analysis is done and a real balance is BUILT, don't expect

anything more than a "in-the-ballpark" approximation."
03:31:48 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Next topic: We need some PR volunteers."
03:32:22 [PS]Selvarian: "I noticed that NONE of my regular gaming haunts said anything about

the DS Free week."
03:32:34 [PS]Selvarian: "Also, DS is like #51 at MPOGD.com"
* [ C `] otsunashi whispered "please elaborate"
* Taelron envisions Women in bikinis at trade shows holding up www.darkspace.net
* [-GTN-]Demorian drools and stamps his foot.
03:37:16 Gideon: "Heh..."
* [DoH]DarkWanderer whispered "can you be more specific about this?"
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/pressrelease.asp?id=947"
03:33:29 [PS]Selvarian: "If anyone has any "Marketing fervor" and could offer some energy to

organize some PR, like keeping gaming sites informed of big DS events"
03:37:52 [PB]Smokey: "i see posts on DS in www.bluenews.com they usually post anything new

like updates and free trials"
03:33:43 [PS]Selvarian: ", and things like that."
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "Viacom has EvE now...."
03:38:02 Taelron: "hmm, got a lot of private support for that idea.. lol"
03:34:11 [PS]Selvarian: "VoodooExtreme said nothing, and they're BEGGIN' for news."
* [ C `] otsunashi whispered "I know a site or two"
03:34:43 [PS]Selvarian: "Carl @ Game.Ars could also have made a blurb in his weekly column."
03:39:00 [PB]Smokey: "blue and VE usually have the same news.. i might've seen some stuff on

DS in VE at one time"
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "nm, that is old"
03:35:19 [PS]Selvarian: "I got him to plug DS about a month ago, right after he plugged

JumpGate."
03:39:49 [-GTN-]Demorian: "cool."
03:36:05 [PS]Selvarian: "Mainly, just make up a mailing list of game mag/site editors, and

help us get the word out. We need a group to evangelize DS to the unknowing masses/."
03:37:01 [PS]Selvarian: "A group to brainstorm up new ways of getting the word out and

manage it."
03:37:15 [PS]Selvarian: "manage them, that is"
03:41:48 Gideon: "Spin doctors!"
03:42:08 Blizzard: "In other words, we need someone who is into hypnosis"
03:42:35 Gideon: "Advertising is the purest form of propoganda..."
03:38:30 [PS]Selvarian: "If anyone is interested, just let us know."
03:39:06 [PS]Selvarian: "Quick note: I will finish reassigning the forum mods by tomorrow

night."
03:43:33 [-GTN-]Demorian: "alright cool"
03:39:31 [PS]Selvarian: "It's a slow process, and I try to do a few here and there when I

get a break."
03:43:53 [PB]Smokey: "k00l"
03:43:53 Taelron: "Go ahead and add me to general too,, since vinco has been absent i have

been patrolling it"
03:39:45 [PS]Selvarian: "OK."
03:40:10 [PS]Selvarian: "(checking my notes)"
03:44:45 Taelron: "speaking of forums, i posted in PMF, another clan over 20 wants a forum"
03:45:28 [PB]Shigernafy: "deny! no new forums!"
* [PB]Shigernafy apolgizes for his spastic random evil streaks...
* [-GTN-]Demorian punches [PB]Shigernafy square in the arm.
* Taelron reminds Shig to take his Ridolin
03:46:11 [-GTN-]Demorian: "TAELRON"
03:46:17 [-GTN-]Demorian: "WHAT THE (*@&%OIUSAF)(*&AD is your SIG"
03:42:11 [PS]Selvarian: "Oh, and a friendly reminder (/me wields large stick): Do NOT forget

to post a report in the PMF regarding player reprimands and punitive actions. We're seeing a

few players who have been punished and asking questions to which we do not have answers

because the mod performing them did not file a report."
03:46:28 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "lol"
03:46:32 [PB]Shigernafy: "ritalin.. come on guys.. spell it right.. ritalin."
03:46:52 [-GTN-]Demorian: "you would know, Shig. okay, sorry Selv"
03:47:36 Taelron: "oh thank Praetorian for the sig... "
03:48:07 [-GTN-]Demorian: "okay Selv"
03:48:09 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "ok, on with the meeting, and Demorian, stop handing out your

Ritalin to Shigernafy, it is illegal..."
03:44:00 [PS]Selvarian: "I will be finishing the mod purge by Friday. I have to finish

making a special admin page so I can yank flags that I would otherwise have to wait until

the person logs in to update their account."
03:44:14 [PS]Selvarian: "Also, we will have a way to reset forgotten player passwords"
03:48:45 [-GTN-]Demorian: "cool"
03:49:26 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "good..."
03:45:50 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. I think I have pretty much exhausted my list. Anyone else have

any other items?"
03:50:20 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "New Moderators?"
03:50:25 [PS]-mac-: "none from me"
03:47:13 [PS]Selvarian: "Sam and I tabled the discussion to open up voting for new mods

until this Sunday's admin meeting. I think he was wanting to schedule an EU mod meeting so

they could get everyone together for a vote/discussion."
03:51:50 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "k..."
03:47:48 [PS]Selvarian: "We are also going to discuss fine-tuning the voting/selection

process. Anyone interested in helping us, please feel free to join us."
03:52:22 [DoH]DarkWanderer: "Whats the status of a lobby for the new people?"
03:52:28 [-GTN-]Raiders: "easy all votes are for me "
03:48:26 [PS]Selvarian: "YOu mean a default new player chat room?"
03:52:44 [DoH]Banshee: "whatever Raiders =P"
* [PB]Shigernafy whispered "I would like to ask for help again on n00bspace since nobody

posted any responses the first time... and I was thinking there should be some way to get

paid for beta testing.. don't know how to work it exactly; thought I might look for input.

Or should I just go to the forums (just had that thought)"
03:53:14 [-GTN-]Demorian: "gotta disappear guys. i'll read whatevers left in the transcript

later."
03:53:15 [-GTN-]Demorian: "*goes poof*"
03:53:20 [DoH]Banshee: "Surely a newbie room isnt such a good idea"
* [PS]-mac- whispered "Almost forgot ... servers (trusted or not) - not showing who they

belong to. Makes it difficult to remedy a problem or ensure ladders are authorized without

an admin: xxxxx "
03:53:49 [DoH]DarkWanderer: "Yes Selv."
* [DoH]Banshee waves to [-[A`]-]AgentFritz...
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "do they not understand moderator meeting?"
03:50:22 [PS]Selvarian: "The subject hasn't really been broached with Faustus officially; we

need certain staff resources in-place before it can really be considered."
* [DoH]Banshee nods at [PS]Selvarian...
03:55:05 [-GTN-]Raiders: "a n00b room is a very bad idea even with a mod there constantly

its to much as it is now reg players do alot to keep off n00b question presure"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Go ahead and ask."
03:55:13 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "I would rather see a kicked to timeout room..."
03:55:47 [DoH]Banshee: "DW i mean think off the consequences in a room like that, the

questions flying in that room would be enough to drive 10 mods crazy with all the same

questions being asked over and over, all at the same time"
03:51:58 [PS]Selvarian: "I don't necessarily agree, Raiders. It is a lot harder to help new

players in the main chatroom with all of the noise and bellyaching that goes on regularly."
03:56:36 Blizzard: "Which is why we need a mute command."
03:52:32 [PS]Selvarian: "I would much rather have 20 new players asking questions in a room

without all the racket than 1 new player in the main chatroom"
03:56:55 [DoH]DarkWanderer: "Actually it is very hard when there are heated discussions

about game play going on in the main lobby."
03:56:55 [DoH]Banshee: "but Selv to have a dedicated room, it would just be impossible"
03:52:55 [PS]Selvarian: "Why, Banshee?"
* [-GTN-]Mog whispered "what about an automated bot to help newbies"
03:57:25 [DoH]Banshee: "if anything there should be a room for such discussions DW, it would

be easier"
03:57:37 [-GTN-]Raiders: "true but thats more of a complaining in the wrong place problem

but you do have a point just not enough of one in my opinion for a premenent room"
03:57:49 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "maybe a different discussion lobby, go there when things get

heated"
03:57:59 [-GTN-]Mog: "what about an automated bot to help newbies"
03:58:17 [DoH]Banshee: "@Selv, its not always going to be possible for someone to be there

to help, if there is an influx of new players at any given time, it is near enough going to

be impossible for the newbs to do anything"
03:58:23 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "I think we should add the /mute command again Selvarian..."
03:58:55 [DoH]DarkWanderer: "In the main lobby, many new people are discouraged by the

negative aspects being displayed. This is not a good first impressin for new people trying

out a new game."
03:54:49 [PS]Selvarian: "Banshee -> I already acceded to such. However, if we have the staff

resources, then it won't be an issue."
03:59:03 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "Mog, Bots are terrible..."
03:59:24 [-GTN-]Mog: "just an idea"
03:59:30 [DoH]Banshee: "'IF' but even so just airing my views "
03:59:33 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "Having a Mod creates a VERY personal touch to the game, I think

a GREAT deal of new users like it...a LOT"
04:00:17 [-GTN-]Mog: "but the main problem is that Mods cant be constantly be online

whenever I see them"
04:00:38 Blizzard: "My client is on 24/7. Just not necessarily here."
04:00:41 [PB]Thundarr: "how bout an "Ask Selv a question day?" =D"
04:00:45 Blizzard: "And 99% of the time at least one mod is on."
04:00:49 [DoH]DarkWanderer: "Lately I have been paking new players into private rooms just

to be able to help them sign up or answer specific questions with out the mass spamming

going on in the lobby."
04:00:55 Blizzard: "There SHOULD be a way to /find mod and have a list of online

moderator.s"
03:56:44 [PS]Selvarian: "Besides, there is nothing saying that we can't have a special

"informational" room which is a little more interactive; if there is no staff present, it

still could give quick links and hints to where to learn how to play the game, and a link to

the main chat room."
04:00:59 [DoH]DarkWanderer: "err paking-taking"
04:01:01 [DoH]Banshee: "yeah, guys i hate to tell you all this.........but *sniffs* there is

a REAL world!!! *breaks down and crys*"
* [PB]Shigernafy whispered "actually, I think I'll wait a bit.. I still want to get an

example of what I need up on the PMF... I think right now people don't really have any idea

what's going on, so they're not really volunteering. So I'll get to it later."
04:01:07 [-GTN-]Mog: "yeah"
03:56:53 [PS]Selvarian: "Working on it, Blizz."
* Taelron comes here to escape dating...
04:01:33 Gideon: "SPEAKING of the real world, I will have to leave soon."
04:01:50 [DoH]Banshee: "lol Tael"
04:01:55 [-GTN-]Mog: "same here.. I need some sleep"
03:57:42 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Any last-minute times."
03:57:45 [PS]Selvarian: "items"
03:57:50 [PS]Selvarian: "?"
04:02:05 [-GTN-]Mog: "seeya everyone"
04:02:10 [DoH]Banshee: "hahaha no one knows who i am except Fritzy!"
04:02:14 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "Mog, if I'm here, I'm no more than 2 minutes from seeing my

screen, so if I'm online, I can prolly help."
04:02:17 [DoH]Banshee: "laters Mog"
04:02:25 [-GTN-]Raiders: "i do think a seperate room is a good idea but a room n00bs are

sent to as a default is were i see problems"
04:02:25 Gideon: "later"
04:02:44 [PB]Thundarr: "i know you [MOA]Banshee =)"
* [DoH]Banshee Agrees whole-heartedly with [-GTN-]Raiders
04:03:20 [DoH]Banshee: "sorry Thundarr ur wrong diff spelling"
04:03:28 Gideon: "I would have to concur."
03:59:16 [PS]Selvarian: "Well, we may end up trying it anyway, bad idea or not, once we have

lined up the resources."
04:03:40 [PB]Thundarr: "really? there are two banshees?"
04:03:49 [DoH]Banshee: "yup"
04:04:04 [PB]Smokey: "are you screaming?"
04:00:03 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Well, I think we are done."
04:04:16 [DoH]Banshee: "ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
04:04:20 [DoH]Banshee: "yup "
04:00:14 [PS]Selvarian: "ANy last comments before I adjourn us?"
04:04:48 Gideon: "I wan't pecan pie..."
04:04:55 [DoH]Banshee: "yeah, DW sucks =D"
04:04:57 Gideon: "Later all ."
* [-GTN-]Praetorian looks at the time...and does a double take
04:05:00 [DoH]Banshee: "lol"
04:05:04 [PB]Smokey: "hmmm pecan pie..."
04:05:06 [-GTN-]Praetorian: "We can't end already?!"
04:05:07 [PS]-mac-: "My dinner is waiting ... adjourn! "
04:00:55 [PS]Selvarian: "OK.. Meeting adjourned. Thanks for coming, everyone!"

Founding Member - Interstellar Mercenary Corps

Email Selvarian {IMC}   Goto the website of Selvarian {IMC}
Page created in 0.008829 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR