No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Tutorial doesnt load....
 Author Tutorial doesnt load....
Deleted

Posted: 2002-05-27 11:52   
When going to basic training, I get the message "Failed to initialize display", then another message comes up, "Error, Failed to initialize the platform; please run Clientsetup to check your client settings." Then it tries to log me on to the server, but why is it failing to initialize the display? I have updated all the drivers for everything on my computer. All the other games I have work properly, even Anarchy On-line and Asheron's Call. So why the problem?

I have checked Setup and made sure that everything was set right. I even tried a lower resolution. Still didnt work.

Computer Specs are....

P4 2.2 gig
P4I Fire Dragon Mobo
Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600
Linksys Net Card
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
Window XP Pro

Hopefully I can get some help to resolve this problem as this game sounds like something I would play.

[ This Message was edited by: eman on 2002-05-27 11:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: eman on 2002-05-27 12:19 ]

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-05-28 07:05   
well, you did end the setup by the correct button - did you??

a lot of player go into it, realize the correct settings and close without accepting them

Email Bumblebee
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-28 13:35   
Yep, sure did, accepted the changes by clicking ok

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-28 20:51   
Well, I ran the DirectX Diagnostic and Direct 3D kept failing for some reason. Either DirectX was corrupted at some point, or more likely, my brother installed some previous version and somehow messed it up. Either way, I finally just threw up my hands and backed up ALL of the new drivers and files I needed to do a fresh install and re-partitioned my hard drive. Did a fresh install of XP and POOF! I am up and running 3 hours later with this game working. Seeing as I just put this computer together 2 weeks ago, the fresh install didnt really hurt much at all. Thanks for all the help and sudgestions guys, both here and chat. I forgot the name of the person who helped me in chat, but I much appreciated all the help from him or her. The player friendlyness in this game is probably the best I have seen so far. Thanks again for all the help! Looking forward to starting up this game. (Player name will be Deadlock)

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-30 00:05   
btw don't enable any Anti-Aliasing in DS, it just crashes... i was kinda hoping for some after i got my gainward gf4 as well....

Page created in 0.008001 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR