Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » [Terran Alliance] Removal of the Galactic Navy
 Author [Terran Alliance] Removal of the Galactic Navy
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-07-16 22:10   
To the Agents, the ICC, and all supporters of the Terran Alliance:

The event that I dreaded, yet knew would happen, has transpired. As of the time of this writing, I wish to inform all Terran Alliance members and supporters that I am withdrawing the Galactic Navy from the Alliance treaty and its effects on our movement and actions. This is not my personal preference, nor is it something I wanted to happen. In fact, this is not because of any violation of the treaty from either side.

I wanted the Terran Alliance to work; I wrote the terms, I led the joint meeting between the first two clans, and I made sure every GTN I talked to would support it. The positive response I received the first day died and died and died some more. Now, several GTN seem to have this sort of contempt for the Alliance that I honestly fail to understand in some points.

It is true that the Agents could have been more active while the Alliance was active (as many of my clansmen suggest), but it is hard to motivate a faction/fleet who has been beaten back so many times and is also in shambles due to an offspring clan tearing it in two. I had honestly hoped that the Alliance would be a fun way to join our two fleets and kick some butt. However, I cannot ignore the discontent of my clansmen, as much as it troubles or disappoints me. I am sorry that my fleet can no longer help you, Agents. I had hoped that we could.

So, as of now, the Galactic Navy no longer is a participant in the Rules of Engagement set out by the Terran Alliance treaty. However, I am not moving to disband the treaty. I think that a partial ICC/UGTO fleet-based Alliance should continue, and so rather than disband the Treaty, I leave it entirely in the Agent’s hands to decide on the new entries.

Good luck, and Godspeed.

Regrettably,
-Demorian

Page created in 0.011996 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR