- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.4 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » darkspace 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author darkspace 2009
Nexus01
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-13 00:38   
quiet crim, or we may have to make clones of you to play DS.

(jk btw)

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-13 01:19   
Quote:

On 2009-06-13 00:38, Nexus01 wrote:
quiet crim, or we may have to make clones of you to play DS.

(jk btw)

There already are, Nexus's stations are my exact clones, only problem is that they lack my awesomeness.

Email Supertrooper
Nexus01
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-13 02:00   
Then we shall make more. And imbue them with your anti-awesome.

Also, we will give them the ability to fart like SoF.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-13 02:14   
Its true. The development team is just in it for the free sandwiches in the dev lounge.

I know I personally haven't developed anything more than a bad case of hemorrhoids in years.

Email Shigernafy
Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-06-13 04:36   
well somethings gone wrong with u guys, i remember the start of this year i spent more time updating tha playing the game, i then went off for like 2-3 months and i didnt have to update, so i dunno if your just hyping to one big update or your getting lazy, and posts like shigs just blow the devs credability away. some times every one has to be serious and nuckle down like sard.

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Nexus01
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-13 05:04   
Hey - at least we know Shig's honest

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-06-13 13:27   
Quote:

On 2009-06-13 04:36, -Redemption wrote:
well somethings gone wrong with u guys, i remember the start of this year i spent more time updating tha playing the game, i then went off for like 2-3 months and i didnt have to update, so i dunno if your just hyping to one big update or your getting lazy, and posts like shigs just blow the devs credability away. some times every one has to be serious and nuckle down like sard.

Well, it's nice to see our lead dev pop his head in the game and give some words of encouragement to the other poor lacking devs... oh wait.. you're not a dev yourself? You've actually contributed nothing but your paltry $9.95 a month to the game? Hmm.. are you sure you aren't maybe a xTx clone, or one of azreal's jolly little elves, cause anyone that would open their stupid yap and bash Shig obviously doesn't know enough about the game. On that note, you have a good weekend, and hey.. if you're bored, instead of badmouthing the staff why don't you like contribute to ds or something? Make a new model, code some ai, etc.

Lobo
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-13 13:39   
Quote:

On 2009-06-13 13:27, Rae wrote:
Quote:

Well, it's nice to see our lead dev pop his head in the game and give some words of encouragement to the other poor lacking devs... oh wait.. you're not a dev yourself? You've actually contributed nothing but your paltry $9.95 a month to the game? Hmm.. are you sure you aren't maybe a xTx clone, or one of azreal's jolly little elves, cause anyone that would open their stupid yap and bash Shig obviously doesn't know enough about the game. On that note, you have a good weekend, and hey.. if you're bored, instead of badmouthing the staff why don't you like contribute to ds or something? Make a new model, code some ai, etc.

+1

this is a great game that i have play for many years, please dont offend the people that do this good work. thanks all devs and staff, this is a worthwile game!!

l

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-13 14:39   
Quote:

On 2009-06-13 13:27, Rae wrote:
Quote:

Ya Red, Make an event or something

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-13 14:40   

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-13 16:59   
Yes, my post was less serious than others. But you asked that we update you on our progress in development land. I can't speak for others, least of all Faustus, so I told you what I was doing.. just with a bit of cheek.

Look, I've defended the regime (if you will) a lot over the years. And there are good intentions out there, and I know a lot of us have sunk A LOT of time into this game, with very little reward... but its also a bit disingenuous of us to say that "oh yeah, we're working on it, slowly but surely" -- because most of the time we're not. Faustus gets bursts of activity; you saw it when 1.5 was released. That activity draws the rest of us in as well, so we make more changes. Then he will disappear, so we lose the will to do much too - since our abilities are limited both in terms of access and skill. So then we get long periods of stagnation.

We're stagnating. Complain about developer hubris all you want, or say that we need dedicated developers, or whatever your complaint is: I'm sure its true. Most accusations are, at some level. But the fact of the matter is there's just not much any of us can do. The volunteer devs can't fix everything. Faustus obviously has constraints, but I can't explain them. We can't get new devs, because we can't pay them and our doors aren't being broken down by legions of unemployed developers free 10 hours a day and no desire for pay.

It sucks. Trust me, I know. But what would you have us do?

Not to excuse us. The dev team, despite some good stuff and occasional good efforts, has not done all that well by Darkspace. But I just can't see realistic alternatives.

Thanks for the feedback. Palestar values your contribution.

Email Shigernafy
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-13 18:45   
I appprectiate shigs honesty

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-06-13 21:05   
Hmm, Has anyone ever suggested that Faustus to get a second in command so to say. Someone that would be able to be there when Faustus gets side tracked( Damn real life! ). But someone that could get the dev team concentrated and on track, Someone that would have the almost all the abilities of Faustus. So Faustus can keep his real life, and Dark Space can still continue to move forward at a decent pace.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2009-06-13 22:21   
Quote:

On 2009-06-13 21:05, All Under Heaven wrote:
Hmm, Has anyone ever suggested that Faustus to get a second in command so to say. Someone that would be able to be there when Faustus gets side tracked( Damn real life! ). But someone that could get the dev team concentrated and on track, Someone that would have the almost all the abilities of Faustus. So Faustus can keep his real life, and Dark Space can still continue to move forward at a decent pace.

That would be Maverick...

Goto the website of Drafell
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-13 22:30   
I thought Tealron was 2nd? Or maybe that was because i used to see him alot making Admin posts and sometimes in lobby....

Who knows these days?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021976 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR