- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.6 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Could be part of why the game is dying
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Could be part of why the game is dying
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-09-16 05:18   
YEahhh XTX

you do that.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-16 05:33   
If anything has made K'luth easier, it's a 100% cloak. That could be argued either way.

But remember, it was the human factions that begged for us to have a cloak we couldn't fire with. Now we can't and they say it's still not fair.

I'll gladly take the old cloak, ty very much.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-16 06:03   
But you're the exception, Azreal, since you actually have a brain and adapt your play style to the game as it stands at any given time, instead of just whining about how things are broken now that they're different. That's the key difference between you and a good chunk of the rest of the "player" base.

Email Shigernafy
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-16 11:29   
Quote:

On 2009-09-16 06:03, Shigernafy wrote:
But you're the exception, Azreal, since you actually have a brain and adapt your play style to the game as it stands at any given time, instead of just whining about how things are broken now that they're different. That's the key difference between you and a good chunk of the rest of the "player" base.

Just like life darkspace is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-09-16 12:22   
Quote:

On 2009-09-16 00:08, xTx wrote:
i played kluth for 4 years but because it became so easy to play that faction i had to look for something with a challenge, that is why i went to ICC. Kluth is now the faction that only noobs should be playing, if vets are still playing kluth they should be embarassed.

+10 to ICC rep.

Too bad you may be the only ICC left that that counts for, sense the rest got sick of it and left. But hey, they where all "whiners" right, so who should care!

(Its not like the kluth liked to shoot at other players anyway, So it's all good!)

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-17 01:50   
I'm suprised people are still trying to "suggest" ways to improve the game, when ways to improve the game have long been obvious but been largely passed over.

Might as well accept things as they are. There is an overarching design that will likely stay the course it is. About all anyone is good for is to make sure those designs don't have any bugs.

Otherwise, its pretty much a play and like it or play it and don't situation. Enjoy.

-Ent

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-17 03:06   
Go back to 1.483, fix the bugs, problem solved. It was fine the way it was, It just needed to be polished up, not %^$# up. "most notably the JD bug, dictor bug, beacon bug and the extra slot bug", but the abillity to mod ships with captured tech was GREAT it allowed a person to build a unique ship suited to a situation and there personality... with style also it made you want to keep your ship so battle was more calculated. Now we're all clones....
The answer seems simple to me as a programmer... {DELETE 1.5xx}, fix 1.483! You've caused too many problems with your "improvements" which almost nobody cared about nor asked for or wanted. I think I speak for many of the old player base when I say a fixed 1.483 without improvements, or stupid bells and whistles.. just bugfixes would have been GREAT.

Reeves

I loved this game even with the bugs with 1.4xx and I belive I'm not alone.

P.S. GET RID OF THE A.I. FFS

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Eto Demerzel
Cadet

Posted: 2009-09-17 04:00   
I understand it is part of the game, But tranny rushing needs to be fixed. In the past, the planet had a chance to try shooting the transport before it recloaked but right now those smaller ships cloak/decloak almost instantly.

With how low the userbase is and the fact that kluth always have the majority, one person could trannycap an entire system. I dont mind trannyrushing, but the fact that kluth can do it even easier than before(was quite easy in 483, now its almost impossible to fail even with enemies around). Like someone suggested before, why not make the smaller ships have the old-style ecm cloak where a planet with decent sensors would be able to detect them?

Many other balance issues, though the main one is the fact that the majority is k'luth. Every patch has this, and the smaller the user-base the more important balance becomes.. I know it is very difficult to achieve, but something needs to be done.

Also, faction hopping is quite annoying. I wont get into the details, but users continue to exploit by "allying" for mutual prestige gain(damage AI, then repair). Then when there is no more pres on the other end, they come back to the faction they were originally on.
DSA had a good idea with locking the MV to fleet users. It may not solve the problem, but it will cut down on that problem..

These aren't even the biggest problems right now, and I know there is a lot of work being done and a lot of time being put into the game, but it needs some major progress soon. A lot of things I love about 1.5 if only the balance issues were resolved(and some other little bugs).

Thanks again devs for all of your donated time and energy into improving the game. Not everyone understands how much time and effort is put into this by people with lives and jobs without getting paid to do it. Thanks!

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-17 17:44   
I wounder how many threads like this have been made... and yet still nothing has been done about the game. Its sad, it really is.

Email -Shadowalker-™
kyanos
Midshipman

Posted: 2009-09-17 19:25   
i know im an unknown name, fairly sure i always have been but i played darkspace way back, and i just read through this thread because my first thought was 'what?! darkspace is dying?!'

anyway, i cant really play p2p games, or at least couldnt when i originally played this... and anyway, the first one that i had found was the one on PAGN, 'darkspace asia'. i dont know how long this was ago anymore, i have bad abilities in keeping track of time... but DSA didnt have alot of the issues i read in this thread, though it did have its own share of such. my question is, where did the DSA code go? judging by the comments on this thread, if its an old version of this code, or if its seperate, why not just use that or whatever version of this is close, if its seperate? people had some complaints about balance and such, but theres always those complaints... people who cant figure out ways to work around em complain about em... im no exception myself, though i like to think i actually try hard at looking for ways around things...

anyway, DSA had alot of the features that im hearing are bugged in here (such as the planetary movement) and they work, they dont glitch... and i was an american in the asian server so i think it was doing pretty well...

i dont know why DSA closed down, probably because PAGN itself went under or some such, but it was doing pretty well and had very little issues that i found myself, or heard about, so it might be worth looking into it at the very least, if thats possible at the very least, the DSA version had figured out how to do the stuff like make planets move in the solar system with no real issue i should know, i parked without orbiting the planet i was near, and got killed cause i went afk... at least thats if my memory aint failing me horribly it had it working XD

any rate, i code myself, so far only games inside of another game, but if the new stuff isnt working and cant find a way to fix it, whats wrong with rolling the version back a bit, reverting the coding and perhaps checking into some similar code you have access to, that might have a working version of that system?

used to love playing DS, rabid fan of it till pagn closed out, and found out about this darkspace awhile after, though like i said, i couldnt do pay to play (looking for a job as it is, so still cant, but working on it XD) and it'd suck to see another great game disappear x.x

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-17 19:47   
we have been tryong to get them to roll back for some time now...

Email -Shadowalker-™
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-17 20:03   
simple really

return the cloak of 1480-82

drop railguns too 850ish gu, make all other weapons reflect the new shortened distance, ie 500 for psi, Im not likeing the huge distances we have currently, thats just my opinion.

get rid of core weapons on all ships accept stations, and the krill ( 2 new human dreads will need to be made as a response too the krill). core weapons will need slower distance travel like maybe 1/2 of wat they do now. As for this idea keeping the core weapons on the EAD, AD and Siphon would be good till the new human dreads be developed.

open up cross faction swapping again, the current no options play is too restricting to be enjoying. keep the weapon classes the same no moding torps too missiles just torps for torps, missiles for missiles and so on. special weapons such as flux, pulse, elf and cores should remain faction specific along with ruptor and cl tek(well personally im iffy on ruptors and cl tehe).

give the option too mod ew, mining beams, reactors(icc shield gen. for icc only) and tractors should be the only unchangable slot(can just see a station wit 5 suppy plats being towed by it).

Lastly allow the ability too swap builds and reloads again. Peeps love games wit options. Right now there is practically none, no guessing wat the opponent brings too the table. Its no fun knowing the outcome of an ensued battle before it even begins.

All of what i have stated isnt new or revolutionary of course but it does seem to me that 99 percent of everyone would like more options, all the changes i mentioned wont change the overall uses of ships either.

probly more things i may have missed but thats all that went through the brainpan atm.

Well there it is love it or hate it but these are my personal views on this matter. I would like player feed back on this as i would like to know where yealls stand, i wont defend my ideas or anything else, just figured if there waz a small chance to make a suggestion that may make things go in an upward spiral now would be the time.

So ya really simple(ok not so much)
For now this is Thugonomics signin off

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-17 21:03   
What Thug said works fine for me

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-17 23:02   
no no no, don’t go back to older versions... move FORWARD to new better version of Darkspace!!
I was just quickly going over this topic and few pple saying make a new 2010 version, yes just totally REDO DS with new better gameplay graphics etc... Why go back if u can move forward!

kyanos
Midshipman

Posted: 2009-09-18 09:45   
i dont think anyone has any issue with the game moving forward, it seems to be mostly a question of what 'base' should be used to move forward from... from what i've read, the game style changed drastically at one point, or perhaps over time... and the players seem to be saying go forward, but go forward with the older play style as the base... improve things, but the mechanics and rules from one time period thus far worked best

feel free to correct if im wrong of course xD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032641 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR