No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More enh plz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author More enh plz
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 13:01   
that would be cool, BUT you would have to reinstate elites to add more enhancements to go around.

@Sparkle. WTF is up with you an not liking enhancements? If we lost enhancements we lose all modding ability's. So what if there is PvE in this? ALL those OTHER games you keep quoting as have done this done that have PvE AND PvP. PvE doesn't kill PvP unless everyone did PvE and even then PvP would happen as you are trying to crowd for one farming spot. If you don't like the way it is fine, leave come back in a few years and see if the game is still around. Probably will have changed systems again and it might be to more of your liking. Case in point, SHUT UP!

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-13 13:11   
I still don't get all the whining about enhancements. So you lose em, so what? So you spent hours grinding for them.. big deal. no one is taking your combat pres, or your sup pres for helping others out while they grind for em, etc. you're really losing nothing besides a little bling for your ship and some bragging rights that you farmed DS for 378 hundred hours to get what ya got. waaaah. if they're gonna be removed, then removed em. if not, then someone please say so. certain peoples panties are so wadded up that their heads are gonna explode unless this is resolved. someone had better make a decision for their sake if nothing else!!!

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-12-13 13:23   
the power of many MMO games is ability to mod or somehow customize your 'Avatar' (in case of DS ship) ...

to be honest ENH alone are not enough to 'keep' interst of most players ...

but way how 'provide' ability to improve the avatar w/o breaking the major balance is not easy (aka the old all by all modding disaster) ....

there were some nice ideas but they get lost or voiced again and thus nothing happens at all ...

not to mentiont hat i for example missing ability to upgrade ship components to better state

let say by 1% with ceiling of +10-20% ...
and existing in severe categories (energydemand,recharge rate,range,damage bonus,ammo bonus,efficiency bonus etc)
each 1% cost some resources / item and time before it's done

tho this type of upgrade i got in mind is not persistent as it's gone with ship death...

ofcourse then there will be many who want more 'persitant' Avatar modding similar to Enhacements

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2009-12-13 13:25 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-13 13:46   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 12:07, Sens wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 11:08, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Now likely I will get beat up because someone posted this before.

Rather then increase drops, why not just have when you kill someone all the goodies they had will drop. This also may give the newer players a better chance at the good enh's. it could also open up a whole new trading system.

You know, I kinda like this idea; have all the enhancements laying around among the debris, watch as players scramble to jettison their infantry and pick up the goodies.

And since it's limited to 8 no big deal with people going crazy with them. It may work.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 15:15   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 13:01, Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- wrote:
that would be cool, BUT you would have to reinstate elites to add more enhancements to go around.

@Sparkle. WTF is up with you an not liking enhancements? If we lost enhancements we lose all modding ability's. So what if there is PvE in this? ALL those OTHER games you keep quoting as have done this done that have PvE AND PvP. PvE doesn't kill PvP unless everyone did PvE and even then PvP would happen as you are trying to crowd for one farming spot. If you don't like the way it is fine, leave come back in a few years and see if the game is still around. Probably will have changed systems again and it might be to more of your liking. Case in point, SHUT UP!

DS was around for 7 years without them, that's why. When the means to obtaining the rare ones are purely through PVE they aren't needed. Guess what? AI are temporary too. If the game gets enough players AI will be removed. PVE is simply not supposed to be a part of this game.

My biggest issue is not the enhancements themselves, but the way to obtain them. If we could get rares at a decent rate from player kills it wouldn't be a problem would it? Everyone would have them, and then the question would be which ones people choose to use, not the power of the ones they choose. But now not only can we not get them from player kills, we can't get them from PVE either. It's not fair to the rest of the players that they have no chance of getting rares now. Let's face it, limited and standard enhancements do not compare to ships with all advanced that cannot be obtained anymore.

I want modding too. Real modding. I think everyone does in some capacity. Enhancements are not modding.

The issue is increasing drop rates from players now. Elites were removed. That's the necessary first step. The next step is to make them drop from players. If that can't or won't be done, the only fair thing to do is to wipe garages. I don't see that happening; I really do see drop rates increased rather than enhancements removed or garages wiped.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:56   
well i saw some nice drops from players already was anything changed yet ?

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:56   
well i saw some nice drops from players already was anything changed yet ?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-14 12:53   
Nice as in advanced and unique?

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-14 13:16   
Quote:

On 2009-12-14 12:53, MrSparkle wrote:
Nice as in advanced and unique?

They are dropping Advanced in the MV. Like the other day I died and I dropped an Advanced Weapon Multiplexer, but I dont use them. I was in a Krill.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-16 00:44   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 11:08, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Now likely I will get beat up because someone posted this before.

Rather then increase drops, why not just have when you kill someone all the goodies they had will drop. This also may give the newer players a better chance at the good enh's. it could also open up a whole new trading system.

if you want ppl to stick around when the fight starts i wouldn't implement this. ppl are chicken enough as it is. we dont need death penalties like this to make it worse.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-16 00:49   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 13:11, Rae wrote:
I still don't get all the whining about enhancements. So you lose em, so what? So you spent hours grinding for them.. big deal. no one is taking your combat pres,

in a sense they do, no advanced/unique ehancements = quite abit less effective in combat, wich means you make less and lose more as you dont deal the same damage or can take the same punishment as before.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 06:16   
Well....'bout ENCH ....lets see...if we got some action in MV u can see 1-2 / day ...dropped from Dreads (until now i didnt see a ADV dropped from a Station) ..i guess that is not the real issue here...the real big issue is that there are somedays when is nothing going on in MV and u got so "red spots" to smash your space bar.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 06:54   
Working on fixxing the combat part. That's something we have to do ourselves. No amount of development will fix that really. The maps we have now are an attempt by them to do just that, and it's not exactly working.

All the devs can really do to promote more combat is continually nerf the game so that it is all that is left. I dont think we want that.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
andy5798
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-16 07:02   
Heres what i got to say. I'm a new player. The enhancement thing is pretty deterring to new players. When I found out that I couldn't get blue enhancements it made me feel like I was just cannon fodder for the older players around. When you start your allready weak. Then you find out that no matter how long you play you'll still never be as strong as the older players. Sure you can say that I could get blue enh from players but I've been playing in sagittarius quite a bit and I still have never seen one dropped. I spent alot of time in rogans rift. Not because i was enh farming but because I would just get annihilated in sagittarius. You get tired of following everyone around in a supply ship and just watching the battles go down. Even when I ranked up to be able to use destroyers I still felt pretty helpless in sag. I mean if your in sagittarius in a destroyer a Kluth dread can decloak at any time and smear you before you could do anything about it. So until I could use a cruiser I was gaining prestige in roagans rift. I know that I'm not the only one that's done this.

I personally think that the elites should just be put back in the game. At least till some other solution can be figured out. I like the idea of increasing player drop rates but what does that mean to a new player anyway? What are the chances your gonna be able to take out a dread or a station? I don't like the fact that players had better opportunities in this game just because they've been here longer. I read alot of different suggestions that all make sense and seem like good ideas. A garage wipe seems to me to be completely out of the question. If I had an enh that i got from an event I would be extemely angry if you deleted it. So if your not going to get rid of the enhancements alltogether I think that regardless of what you decide to do it will still not be fair to the new players because the old players will have still been able to get the rare enhancements from the elites. I think the only fair option to everyone is to put the elites back in the game. Then you wont have to listen to new players complain about who had what opportunity when or old players about their garages bein wiped. It seems like the only option thats gonna quit everyones complaints.

*Storm*
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-17 07:46   
I dont agree with bringing back the enh. dropping elites. As i see it now, the game has a problem: the new player gets demoralized and quits the game with ease after seeing the more experienced players and their ships. People that have been playing for a long time already have the ability to fly big ships, dreads and so on. After a lot of farming. those big ships show up packed with blue enh. As a new player, what can you do against them...show your face and get killed? For what? The experience of losing pres. ?

This shouldnt be a farming game. If i want to just farm around for days for upgrades, i can start playing Lineage or something. DS should provide more action. I would agree to enh. being built on planets, and everyone can modd a ship. You could do that in DS a very long time ago...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027889 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR