Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » More enh plz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author More enh plz
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-17 08:57   
Quote:

On 2009-12-16 07:02, andy5798 wrote:
Heres what i got to say. I'm a new player. The enhancement thing is pretty deterring to new players. When I found out that I couldn't get blue enhancements it made me feel like I was just cannon fodder for the older players around.

you can still get blues. tho they are really really REALLY rare and usually only drop from players thats kitted out in pretty much only blues, and they are usually smart enough to know when to bail so they dont die.

sure theres always the dictor to prevent ppl from running but thats no use for the player IN the dictor as he wont do any killing anyway. so basically he would just help his team get the goodies.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-04 12:56   
Gonna resurrect this thread as it is still an issue.

Bring back the elites, no one was told they were being removed they just were gone one day. Which was a major dis to the entire Darkspace Community and now noobs don't even have a snowballs chance in hell to get any thing above a limited.

For the vets making enhancements so that when they are removed they are placed BACK into your cargo hold for reuse on other ships. This would eliminate the need for re-farming all your enhancements if you deleted a ship or were changing sides or wanted to re-tune your ship.

This needs fixed and needs to be done now.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-04 13:08   
Im not so sure about the noob issue.

I have killed stations and got nothing but limited. Same for dreads. I have gotten 1 enhanced level and that dissappeared from my hold when I spawned to put it on the right ship.

At the same time I have seen people kill me in a frigate and get enhanced level, and I even dropped a blue from a cruiser.

Truth is, it's a joke all around.

But then they are supposed to be rare.

IMHO I dont think they have a clue what the hell they are doing with the enhancements, the missions, and just about anything else. I see far more "winging it" than I do real development.

But that's just the view from a paying customer, and we all know we arent the ones they are out to please.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-04 13:13   
Problem is that the vets like us have experienced the game when we did not have enchancements, and the new players who join the game think it is the norm and shouldnt expect anything less.
I think say most of us here would agree that the only way to deal with the enchancement issue is to get rid of them completely and bring back modding, that way we can mod our ships to our suitable playstyle without having our hands tied behind our back by living with what we have now.

No one flies Scales anymore well maybe Purefury until he realised he could fly the carrier dread over in ugto. you seriously handicapped a capable ship which could be modded to be an effective ship for Kluth against Dreads of UGTO and ICC but then stuck all beams on it and now its about as useless as a handbrake for a canoe.

Bring back modding, drop enchancements and lets have some more variety in the game because right now its smells abit stale.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-04 14:45   
Quote:

On 2010-01-04 13:13, Pegasus wrote:
Problem is that the vets like us have experienced the game when we did not have enchancements, and the new players who join the game think it is the norm and shouldnt expect anything less.
I think say most of us here would agree that the only way to deal with the enchancement issue is to get rid of them completely and bring back modding, that way we can mod our ships to our suitable playstyle without having our hands tied behind our back by living with what we have now.

No one flies Scales anymore well maybe Purefury until he realised he could fly the carrier dread over in ugto. you seriously handicapped a capable ship which could be modded to be an effective ship for Kluth against Dreads of UGTO and ICC but then stuck all beams on it and now its about as useless as a handbrake for a canoe.

Bring back modding, drop enchancements and lets have some more variety in the game because right now its smells abit stale.

lot of ppl want modding back but aparently the devs decided we were overpowered when it was available. ignoring the fact that EVERYONE were overpowered, not just a select few that were lucky enough to be able to farm elites.

[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2010-01-04 14:47 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-04 14:46   
Star is right about noobs. It is unfair , and we dont want people to go farm Ai anymore.

Pegasus suggestion is good for me. Even i have lots of advanced and rare enh , I am willing to lose them all if it will balance the game for newbies. But there is a problem again (as always) , Ds administration will have to replace earned enh from events with something different (like coupon).

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-04 14:49   
Quote:

On 2010-01-04 14:46, Pakhos wrote:
Ds administration will have to replace earned enh from events with something different (like coupon).

or just special badges that serves no purpose other then to show that the ppl participated did just that.

Nuds
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-04 15:25   
I remember logging in MV as 'luth, queing up AM drives and JDs in the factories then stripping a 'luth ship down to use its psi cannons and AM torps. Then I would stick these rare components onto my uggie assault scout.

Of course, once your ship goes boom, thats a good 20mins+ work gone.
But it was totally worth it. Ah the good old modding days.

Email Nuds   Goto the website of Nuds
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-04 18:50   
however this goes down.. i want to keep my colored exaust.

i fought hard to get both of them and i like them!!!

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-01-04 19:52   
I would LOVE to have modding back. but make it hard for other factions to be able to get a hold of the other two races equiptment.

I reckon in our garage, we keep the limit to 7 ships. but have a Ugto/Icc/Kluth storage comparment which would only be aviable to the faction you are on. this would stop people for logging onto another faction, strip down a ship full of weapons/build etc to take back to their own.
that way we have to work for our loot.

should get credits back imo.

andy5798
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-05 17:25   
How longs it been? and this is still an issue. It's obvious something needs to be done. So someone do "something" what are u waiting for? I'm not gonna sub until I see this games developers can solve some of these issues.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-05 17:44   
Hey guys this whole thread inspires me to throw in an idea about how DS should be moving to.

We change all the classes and instead of having things like frigates and destroyers we'll call them Warriors or Mages and they'll all have specialized skills that you buy when you level up enough.

Oh and instead of ranks we'll have levels all the way up to 80. And then we can put in talent trees so you can "specialize". Instead of energy we'll have something I've made up called "mana" and instead of hul and armor we'll just have health.

Then we can form "raids" of like 40 people banding together to go into instances where they take on huge complicated bosses and AI. Oh and there wont be PvP there will just be duels.

Then we can merge together ICC and UGTO can call them the Alliance and then since Kluth are like insects and stuff we'll call them the Horde. Sounds awesome right?

Let me know what you think.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2010-01-05 17:47 ]

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-05 18:16   
Ha ha ha

A Couple days ago I couldn't post a reply here (proly not thinking and did some thing stupid) so I made a thread in the beta forums everyone take a look at my idea and tell me what you think

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-05 23:06   
Quote:

On 2010-01-04 14:46, Pakhos wrote:
Star is right about noobs. It is unfair , and we dont want people to go farm Ai anymore.

Pegasus suggestion is good for me. Even i have lots of advanced and rare enh , I am willing to lose them all if it will balance the game for newbies. But there is a problem again (as always) , Ds administration will have to replace earned enh from events with something different (like coupon).

They don't have to replace them. They weren't paid for, they have zero monetary value and were handed out at player-run events.

Quote:

On 2010-01-05 17:44, Enterprise wrote:
Hey guys this whole thread inspires me to throw in an idea about how DS should be moving to.

We change all the classes and instead of having things like frigates and destroyers we'll call them Warriors or Mages and they'll all have specialized skills that you buy when you level up enough.

Oh and instead of ranks we'll have levels all the way up to 80. And then we can put in talent trees so you can "specialize". Instead of energy we'll have something I've made up called "mana" and instead of hul and armor we'll just have health.

Then we can form "raids" of like 40 people banding together to go into instances where they take on huge complicated bosses and AI. Oh and there wont be PvP there will just be duels.

Then we can merge together ICC and UGTO can call them the Alliance and then since Kluth are like insects and stuff we'll call them the Horde. Sounds awesome right?

Let me know what you think.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2010-01-05 17:47 ]

In space? With our characters nearly the size of planets? That would be weird.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-01-05 23:14 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-06 11:43   
we would call it as space diablo.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025700 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR