- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.4 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New Sagittarian Layout draft
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New Sagittarian Layout draft
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-22 19:40   
Clearly ICC are OP.

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-22 19:42   
Why not a reserve System for any faction? The systems should haw only one way to it from R33, BD and Epsi. This will make pushing out a faction longer.

Not a bad sentiment. How about this -- jumpgates between the central systems are outside of any planet's firing range, gates going to the home systems are "behind" a cluster but still on the edge of firing range (so you won't get cannoned, but you still have to fly tangentially a bit to avoid them), and gates arriving in a home system are within a cluster such that you will be fired upon once you arrive.

Email Shigernafy
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2010-06-22 19:53   
Include secret locations for each faction that have a reasonable chance of being fortified. (5 pages of stuff to read, so I skipped to the end immediately)

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-06-22 19:54   
Alright, taking some ideas that others have posted:

I would like to see a center system also. Though, to combine it with someone else's idea, Why not make it have no jump gates to it? Keep it in wormhole range of course and even long-jumping range. As for the size of the system, there are many pro's and con's of every way: big, small, many planets, few planets, fortress clusters, or easier capped planets.

I would want it to take a serious, organized fleet attempt to cap it though...

Imagine a fleet gathering around a station, waiting for that wormhole to open so you can rush through and attack; or gathering together to long-jump in undetected, hopefully capping at least one planet before the defenders show up in force...

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-06-22 19:59   
I approve, Shig. Will also (hopefully) promote tactical longjumps & WH usage.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-22 22:05   
Firstly thanks to Shig for taking the time to put thought behind the proposed New Sag.... hopefully it doesn't suck like New Coke did... lol. Just kidding Shig... it looks really promising.

I have read the thread and see allot of constructive ideas in which I shall add my own. I am in agreement with Coeus regarding tactical jumps and WH usage and found a workaround within your current structure that would allow you to achieve this goal and provide a more tactically diverse strategy.

So I suggest removing the jump gates from the Outer Ring leaving 2 standing jump gates into the buffer systems. By removing the static gates from the ring it will leave the Kaus and the 2 new systems with single jump gates from an Inner Ring system. However, the 3 smaller Outer Ring systems will be within WH (in theory since I have never used or know the max range of a WH) and long jump range. I have included the modified diagram below for graphical reference.

This would leave the 3 smaller Outer Rim systems "out in the open" like requested by some. This way you can add AI to these 3 Outer Rim systems and add them to the 3 Inner Rim systems making it more challenging to get from point A to B to C. It also makes Eri, BD, and R33 more of a true buffer to home systems.

[ This Message was edited by: Great Budda on 2010-06-22 22:07 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-18 17:08   
This layout pictured here needs to come back. There's missing gates to the AI faction systems, which means it's that much easier for people to sit there safely and farm which is exactly what is going on right now.

EDIT: Buffers to home systems is not as important as getting rid of the incentive to farm AI in a safe system that's hard to get to (as in having to jump through enemy systems first).

Either that, or like I suggested in the lobby, add one more system right in the center with jumpgates to cincinnati, ansere and luyten and put the AI planets there. Who cares if MI aren't in the same system as the Procyon gate? That doesn't matter as much.

Another edit: Buffers to home systems are useless so long as we can spawn at gates. It wouldn't matter if you didn't own a single planet in Sag, you could still spawn an entire fleet in an enemy's home system in Sag. There's simply no reason to remove those extra gates for it.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-07-19 00:53 ]

Red October
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-18 19:46   
How about something like this?

Email Red October
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-07-18 22:00   
shiggy i <3 you.

theres still a bit of an off-kilter division of planets, but meh, it seems to all work

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 00:06   
It's interesting Alanstar. It's two less systems than currently but I like the layout. I like the curent one too for the most part though, except like I said for AI planet locations.

I was thinking that New system you have there in center, add it to the current map right in the middle and put the MI and Pirate planets in it.

What's wrong with giving a Luyten planet to Pirates like it used to be, and maybe giving MI a planet in Cincinnati or Ansere instead of Kaus? Those are the central systems where it's easier for all 3 factions to get to, so that farming AI (which should be discouraged) comes with considerably more risks than currently.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 02:08   
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 00:06, MrSparkle wrote:
It's interesting Alanstar. It's two less systems than currently but I like the layout. I like the curent one too for the most part though, except like I said for AI planet locations.

I was thinking that New system you have there in center, add it to the current map right in the middle and put the MI and Pirate planets in it.

What's wrong with giving a Luyten planet to Pirates like it used to be, and maybe giving MI a planet in Cincinnati or Ansere instead of Kaus? Those are the central systems where it's easier for all 3 factions to get to, so that farming AI (which should be discouraged) comes with considerably more risks than currently.

AI farming should be discouraged but overall its going to happen no matter what you do. The locations of the AI are fine as they are, so ICC is going to have to fight a little bit harder to get access to Proc via Sag. So what? The only issue I see is why Tuva XI was scripted to be Pirate and not the other lone Barren. Had that planet all nicely set up as a SY planet too, since its an Arid.

As for the rest of ya. Should of suggesting changes and the like IN BETA. Map was there for a while too for YOU ALL TO PLAY ON. Now that its live, changes to it are not going to happen anytime soon, other then minor fixes to the gates. At most the planet layout might get changed for BD and R33, to be more clustered (like Epsi).

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-19 02:26   
I'd prefer the .483 design.

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-07-19 04:08   
Quote:

On 2010-06-22 19:54, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:
Alright, taking some ideas that others have posted:

I would like to see a center system also. Though, to combine it with someone else's idea, Why not make it have no jump gates to it? Keep it in wormhole range of course and even long-jumping range. As for the size of the system, there are many pro's and con's of every way: big, small, many planets, few planets, fortress clusters, or easier capped planets.

I would want it to take a serious, organized fleet attempt to cap it though...

Imagine a fleet gathering around a station, waiting for that wormhole to open so you can rush through and attack; or gathering together to long-jump in undetected, hopefully capping at least one planet before the defenders show up in force...

agreed. systems with no gate to them are a lot more interesting then systems with a gate. i think a couple of these wouldn't hurt ( 480 mv design if i recall correct had a number of them making things more intresting)
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-19 11:55   
I liked systems with no gates too. A center system with no gate would have to be within WH range and would have to be worth getting to. If it had the MI and Pirate planets along with some other good clusters it could be well worth it.

As it is, since we can spawn at gates I'm just gonna spawn directly at Procyon gate and bypass Cincinnati. No point in going the long way!

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-19 12:11   
Quote:

On 2010-07-19 11:55, MrSparkle wrote:
I liked systems with no gates too. A center system with no gate would have to be within WH range and would have to be worth getting to. If it had the MI and Pirate planets along with some other good clusters it could be well worth it.

As it is, since we can spawn at gates I'm just gonna spawn directly at Procyon gate and bypass Cincinnati. No point in going the long way!

Systems with no gates would be Great! would add a whole diffrent type of tactical depth to the map

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-07-19 12:11 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032224 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR