No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » A Gentlemens agreement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author A Gentlemens agreement
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-24 06:54   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 03:42, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 01:30, Defiance*XO* wrote:

Planetary depots will now repair all ships within range, and have a 1-per-panet limit.

1-per-panet?

Is this for real, or a joke on all the anti-depot ppl here?

1 per "panet" is pretty harsh. Let's see how this goes down.
If all of this is true, then I foresee supp plat spam now.

Thing is, support platforms are infinitely easier to destroy, and you'll only get up to about 30 of them, and if you cluster them too close together you can blow them all up with a few well placed shots. Good luck to them I say.

Seriously though, this single update will bring about massifve ramifications. All of them awesome. If of course, the reload rate has stayed the same.

But hell, just about anything is better than 20 depots making a station nearly invincible.

Can't. Wait. For. This. Patch.

-Ent

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-24 07:09   
It is a good move. Back to the old days of front lines supply pilots weaving in and out just to try and repair damaged ships, they were fun.
These v1.5 pilots or pilots joining the last 2 years and fast tracking their ranks have had it so easy its unreal.

You can still have your depot spam, just make a supply farm somewhere we cant find it.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-24 08:36   
Repair rate will most likely be doubled due to the slow rate of repair currently. But they won't be anything near what they used to be.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-24 09:58   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 08:36, Pantheon wrote:
Repair rate will most likely be doubled due to the slow rate of repair currently. But they won't be anything near what they used to be.

This sounds pretty reasonable to me. One depot can take an incredibly long time, so it works.

Bonus points if "in range" means orbiting.

Double bonus points if not that, then there is no way for it to stack (that is, two planets close enough that you can benefit from both).

Wither way, it all sounds great to me. No more insta-repair. Me likey.

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-24 10:05   
Plat spam in space - I have no problem with it.

This will increase the need for repair module ships and that's a plus in my opinion.

I'd be happy if a depot on a planet only filled up your drones, weapons and jump drives. Its a DEPOT, not a repair yard. I always thought this was an odd thing. I would think that shipyards would repair ships, depots just restock them.

but either way, removing depot rocks is like giving DS another long-needed enima. Three cheers for the folks holding the water bottle on this one.

.0. \0/ .0. \0/ .0. \0/ .0.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal (Ret) on 2011-06-24 10:07 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-24 10:12   
That's.....actually a really good idea Az, depots only reload, if you want repairs find a supply ship/station or dock. Of course the repair rate for docked ships would need a large boost and it'd need to recharge shields too, but I could see that working out nicely.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-24 10:57   
best part of this is its one structure not 20.

so now bomber can stop repairs without blowing whole damn planet up.

Could you imagine being a citizen of a planet that UGTO all the sudden decided to turn into a depot planet?

Expecialy as of late.

The scale of brutality in this war is truley mindblowing at times.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-24 11:11   
Strangely, though I'm a proponent of limiting the number of depots on each planets, I feel that 1 depot is just too harsh.

2 or 3 depots should be just right. And with the double rep rate, that would make it equivalent to 4 or 6 of the old depots. Viable for repair, but not viable for tanking against a fleet.

With a support station (3 rep drones), hugging a planet with 3 depots will yield 12 of the old drone rates. Not too OP either.

Perhaps the rep rate should be adjusted down to 1.5x of the old rate, and not twice. Then maybe 3 depots per planet will be just right. A Supp Stn hugging the planet will yield 6 x 1.5 = 9 of the old rep drones. Still manageable, but not too weak nor OP.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-06-24 11:13 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-24 11:54   
There is no need for more than one depot, since we repair all ships now.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-24 12:10   
srysly

if you haphazardly waltz up to a depot planet with 3 ships expecting to take on 5, then you deserve to die.

Im so very sick of people thinking that through some act of GOD their AD will insta pwn a station sitting at a defense 17 depot planet.

poor tactics. poor planning, poor gameplay.

!!!Your making the game too easy for the opposition!!!! WAKE UP!!!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-24 13:13   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 11:54, Pantheon wrote:
There is no need for more than one depot, since we repair all ships now.

Right. So if 2 ships park around a depot, does the repair rate halve for each ship?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-24 13:18   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 10:12, Talien wrote:
That's.....actually a really good idea Az, depots only reload, if you want repairs find a supply ship/station or dock. Of course the repair rate for docked ships would need a large boost and it'd need to recharge shields too, but I could see that working out nicely.

actually, i was thinking just add the repair armor/hull/supply gadgets to the shipyard as the depot does now. The change would be that a depot only supplies gadgets. If you are orbiting a shipyard planet, than you get repaired as a depot currently does. Thats kinda what I mean.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-24 14:15   
I kinda figured that's what you meant but I took it one step further, if your ship is so badly damaged that it's falling apart then it'd logically need to be put into drydock for repairs.

Sure, too much realism can spoil the fun sometimes, but it DOES make sense. If you dock a ship that's low on hull instead of risking having it destroyed by waiting for depot/supply to repair it you can rejoin the fight right away in another ship while you wait for it to be fixed, maybe even get a notice saying repairs are done like what we get when a ship is done being built.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-24 14:22   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 13:18, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 10:12, Talien wrote:

actually, i was thinking just add the repair armor/hull/supply gadgets to the shipyard as the depot does now. The change would be that a depot only supplies gadgets. If you are orbiting a shipyard planet, than you get repaired as a depot currently does. Thats kinda what I mean.

This really isn't a bad idea... I see a huge potential here for a tiered system for Depots. Especially since there is only one per planet.

Of course, I'd like upgrades for other 1 per planet structures too.

Some random ideas off the top of my head:

Depot : Repairs Gadgets -> Depot II (man I'm creative!) : Gadgets & Armor -> Depot III -> Gadgets + Armor + Hull. Wheras Depot I acts like one Depot, II acts like 2 depots, etc.

Wouldn't make the tech requirement TOO high, but there you go. I could also see cases of where you could expand upon Shipyard technology that would reduce the resource cost of ships (as the expense of higher tech requirements), or Interdictor tech that covers a larger area, or sensor upgrades that allow you to see father and with a bigger signature radius.

And barracks, give me a way to build training facilities that slowly give troops the experience to become elites, but with high tech requirements.

Man I went off tangent there. But still yeah. I don't thinking 1 depot repairing everyone at a 2 reload rate is too harsh, its just right. The actually repair process should primarily be through other ships A planet with a depot just makes it easier, and it allows everyone to refuel and resupply at a quick pace.

I think as Kenny suggested, a station with 12 reloads at its disposal is still too much. Its perfect like this. It brings back supply ships actually having a damn good use.

-Ent

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-24 14:45   
Don't expect too much guys. We've got a lot on our books, and past fixing depots, we're not looking into any other changes regarding them this release.

Also, FYI, your ship will slowly repair in the shipyard when you're not using it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018551 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR