No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Something added
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Something added
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-20 03:54   
so...it took 3 pages of thread to all agree the CM ship needs changes?
hahahap

Many things can be added, many things can be removed. I think some people will use the CM ships in its currrent state, in a relatively effective way. there is just room for improvement, as is with any ship.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-12-20 07:34   
K'Luth won't be getting a SI ship. The Krill was a one off.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-20 08:20   
Quote:

On 2011-12-19 22:48, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 19:53, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Slow torps and beams on fast ships? IMO, not too useful.
Both weaps require you to get up close and personal to use 'em, and the weak defs rules that out.

Twitch game this may be, but beams do not miss at all. So you can't use any of your weaps against a cruiser or dread. They will simply one-shot you with their assortment of flashlights. *ZAP* you're dead. Mad skillz won't help because they mean nothing when beams..... don't miss.

They finally added demotion ship for CM.

Sorry, but anything short of a massive overhaul of how prestige loss works will ever get a CM demoted.

Its pretty much accepted that once you get past Admiral you're set unless you are really bad.

-Ent

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-20 09:24   
Quote:
On 2011-12-15 06:48, Shigernafy wrote:
And if you do want a Marshal ship as well, that can probably be arranged. Suggestions welcome.

Quote:
On 2011-12-16 11:04, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
give marshalls...........SUPER ENGIES.....3 build drones slots ,3 mining beams...6 cargo holds.

I agree that we need Marshal Engineer.
  • 1 full arcs CBL.
  • 1 full arc armor. Engineer does not engage in combat.
  • 3 build drones. You know what is the most boring in DS? Building. Cause it's damn slow.
  • 3 mining beams. Engineer does not need tractor beam. Just build the plat at place where we want. So the more mining beam, the better.
  • 1 ECCM. It just needs something to hide.

A CM Supply with 3 repair drones and 1 ECM is also cool. We have a CM ship with many weapon, so a M ship with 3 repair drones is not too much, right?

Thanks in advance, Shig.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-12-20 09:32 ]

Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-20 10:19   
Quote:

On 2011-12-20 09:24, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-15 06:48, Shigernafy wrote:
And if you do want a Marshal ship as well, that can probably be arranged. Suggestions welcome.

Quote:
On 2011-12-16 11:04, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
give marshalls...........SUPER ENGIES.....3 build drones slots ,3 mining beams...6 cargo holds.

I agree that we need Marshal Engineer.
  • 1 full arcs CBL.
  • 1 full arc armor. Engineer does not engage in combat.
  • 3 build drones. You know what is the most boring in DS? Building. Cause it's damn slow.
  • 3 mining beams. Engineer does not need tractor beam. Just build the plat at place where we want. So the more mining beam, the better.
  • 1 ECCM. It just needs something to hide.

A CM Supply with 3 repair drones and 1 ECM is also cool. We have a CM ship with many weapon, so a M ship with 3 repair drones is not too much, right?

Thanks in advance, Shig.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-12-20 09:32 ]

which is also why I was saying why not make a Utility ship which can be fitted to suit many roles, for instance. Make the ship so it has 6 utility slots for whatever the utility role needs it for, maybe you want to put 6 reload drones on, it would be a hamper on energy and wouldnt have as much as a normal supply ship would but it would still repair faster. or put 4 build drones and 2 mining beams or vice versa. give it a cargo capacity of 8 and your golden!

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-20 10:57   
Quote:

On 2011-12-20 10:19, L.J.Gibbs wrote:
6 reload drones on

Chlorophyl's suggestion was more in line with reasonable. What you are suggesting is past ludicrious. It's gone to plaid.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-20 12:36   
marshal class:

super scout - +100% speed n trust/ 2x the weaponry

chief marshall

special utility - auro of effect.
alternative: earn special costumization, like MI killer is killin 5 MI without dying, gives u a special visual layout

has my vote

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-20 13:29   
Even 3 reloads would be a bad idea unless there's a limit put in place on how many reloads can be active on one target at a time, do we really want to go back to invincible shrooms?

Quote:

On 2011-12-20 10:57, Fattierob wrote:
Chlorophyl's suggestion was more in line with reasonable. What you are suggesting is past ludicrious. It's gone to plaid.

We ain't found shi- - -p.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-20 13:30   
Quote:

On 2011-12-20 12:36, Bang! wrote:
marshal class:

super scout - +100% speed n trust/ 2x the weaponry

chief marshall

special utility - auro of effect.
alternative: earn special costumization, like MI killer is killin 5 MI without dying, gives u a special visual layout

has my vote

70 gu/s? erm....no.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-12-20 19:49   
Quote:

On 2011-12-20 08:20, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-12-19 22:48, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 19:53, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Slow torps and beams on fast ships? IMO, not too useful.
Both weaps require you to get up close and personal to use 'em, and the weak defs rules that out.

Twitch game this may be, but beams do not miss at all. So you can't use any of your weaps against a cruiser or dread. They will simply one-shot you with their assortment of flashlights. *ZAP* you're dead. Mad skillz won't help because they mean nothing when beams..... don't miss.

They finally added demotion ship for CM.

Sorry, but anything short of a massive overhaul of how prestige loss works will ever get a CM demoted.

Its pretty much accepted that once you get past Admiral you're set unless you are really bad.

-Ent

Have to agree. The pres loss for losing a frig or dessie is negligible.

My point was more on the usability of the new CM ships.

I can understand where a high offense, low defense ship is coming from. But I've already stated what I think will be the most likely scenario for a low defense ship using short ranged weaps.

I reiterate: Skills won't matter a whit because beams don't miss. And any small, low def ships will die at close range no matter how skillful the pilot is.

At the very best, he'll get one pass, and has to run because he's hulled to near death.

If we're not looking at core weap ships, then I would suggest arming these little CM runt ships with heavy cannons and heavy missiles.

PCs, Rails, PSI cannons and their respective Harpexes and Shrouds.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-21 03:42   
it feels statistically nice, but not on the humor scale. the CM ships needs a rofl factor, like experimental missles that sometimes explode in the missle launcher, dmging the ship and the weapon itself of course. or or a superfast buzzy bee, or what about a long range bomber station that can only be moved by 3 tractor ships?

all feels better to me somehow then a mini ganglia

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-21 19:13   
i withdraw my wants from this project.

Im just happy you guys are taking the time to make something for CM. I dont give a hoot if its a purple ship that craps rainbows and launches space glitter torps, Ill fly it just because you made it.

Thanks in advance for whatever you come up with

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2011-12-21 19:13 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-12-21 22:35   
Quote:

On 2011-12-21 19:13, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
i withdraw my wants from this project.

Im just happy you guys are taking the time to make something for CM. I dont give a hoot if its a purple ship that craps rainbows and launches space glitter torps, Ill fly it just because you made it.

Thanks in advance for whatever you come up with

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2011-12-21 19:13 ]

I love your split personality.

You can turn from a QQing table thumper into an obsequious worshipper all inside of a few posts.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-22 01:40   
When you discuss on CM ship, you talk about CM. Who is a CM? What do you expect from CM and what does a CM inspire faction members?

IMHO, CM isn't neccessary to be a great warrior. CM should be a talent leader on who you may lay your hope. With that point of view, I don't think CM needs a pure combat ship. Frankly, CM main role should concern influencing faction members and lead them to archive a goal. In such case, CM needs a ship with AURA FIELD, which has been developing.

What might an aura field function?
- Increase recover rate, including: weapon cooldown, energy restoration, hull repairation.
- Increase ability, including: damage, range, speed.
In general, CM ship is a ship mainly used as the source of faction power. I guess its layout ought to be like Interdictor: cruiser, one aura gadget, several beams, and a core weapon.

The aura field of each faction should be different. I suggest:
- ICC field increases energy restoration and weapon damage.
- UGTO field increases hull repairation and weapon range.
- KLuth field increase weapon cooldown and weapon speed.

The current testing CM ships are hilarious. They're small ships with lots of medium weapon and one armor layer. At first glance, they ought to kick arse but soon you realise dreadaught with cannons and heavy beams win.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-12-22 01:41 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-12-22 02:11   
Quote:

On 2011-12-22 01:40, chlorophyll wrote:
When you discuss on CM ship, you talk about CM. Who is a CM? What do you expect from CM and what does a CM inspire faction members?

IMHO, CM isn't neccessary to be a great warrior. CM should be a talent leader on who you may lay your hope. With that point of view, I don't think CM needs a pure combat ship. Frankly, CM main role should concern influencing faction members and lead them to archive a goal. In such case, CM needs a ship with AURA FIELD, which has been developing.

What might an aura field function?
- Increase recover rate, including: weapon cooldown, energy restoration, hull repairation.
- Increase ability, including: damage, range, speed.
In general, CM ship is a ship mainly used as the source of faction power. I guess its layout ought to be like Interdictor: cruiser, one aura gadget, several beams, and a core weapon.

The aura field of each faction should be different. I suggest:
- ICC field increases energy restoration and weapon damage.
- UGTO field increases hull repairation and weapon range.
- KLuth field increase weapon cooldown and weapon speed.

The current testing CM ships are hilarious. They're small ships with lots of medium weapon and one armor layer. At first glance, they ought to kick arse but soon you realise dreadaught with cannons and heavy beams win.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-12-22 01:41 ]

Agreed. Devs should just take their time and exercise their better judgment on what's good for the game instead of capitulating to flavor-of-the-month QQs and requests from players about ship modding and bla bla bla special ranked ships.

There are enough ships in the game as it is and they all already have a role and purpose. What the game needs is improvement in cosmetics (GUI, overall looks) and depth (economy? actual command ship functions? etc)

Maybe all the existing command ships should be revamped with the aura fields you suggested and made available only to CM ranks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023378 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR