No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +9.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.672] Feedback & Bugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.672] Feedback & Bugs
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-10 06:47   
Quote:

On 2012-03-10 01:57, chlorophyll wrote:
I bet ICC scrapped all the non-critical structures since Skyline

Nah uggies scrapped the food, we didn't have to touch it.

(Eject)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-10 11:12   
Quote:

On 2012-03-09 19:50, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-09 19:05, (Eject) wrote:
Right now in scenario you will get a map without stars, looks really black and it's very annoying. TY

"Right now" doesn't help us at all.

Well why this is not helpfull to you? there is time stamp of this post (2012-03-09 19:50) so I'm saying that at that time when I connected to the scenario, map enviroment was not fully loaded, 90% stars were missing. This also happended few other times and when I asked other players in the game they noticed that.

[ This Message was edited by: (Eject) on 2012-03-10 12:16 ]

Goto the website of (Eject)
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-10 11:57   
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 06:47, The Fridge wrote:
Nah uggies scrapped the food, we didn't have to touch it.

That was Inarcath - the first planet ICC captured without bombing. Later you build 4 automated farm and a shield on it in your SCB, remember?

The second planet was Skyline which was bombed, then UGTO jumped and pushed ICC back.

You confirm no ICC scrap any structures on Skyline, Fridge?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-03-10 12:02 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-10 16:31   
i think maby the "cant see trails beyond 500gu" is affecting colored trails.

Sometimes trails on ships with a color enh are the stock color. Cosmetic bug... but at 2.50usd.. i want to see my purty red trail

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-10 16:37   
Quote:

On 2012-03-10 11:12, (Eject) wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Right now in scenario you will get a map without stars, looks really black and it's very annoying. TY

Well why this is not helpfull to you? there is time stamp of this post (2012-03-09 19:50) so I'm saying that at that time when I connected to the scenario, map enviroment was not fully loaded, 90% stars were missing. This also happended few other times and when I asked other players in the game they noticed that.

Because I might not be reading the post 'right then'. I have no idea what map was on the rotation, which would be infinitely more helpful than 'right now'.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-10 16:50   
Some more observations

K’luth perfect cloak makes running an indictor against them a pointless endeavor. They can simply cloak, turn 90 degrees in any direction and lose your indictor. Coincidently this also makes kluth indictors vastly more effective. You cannot detect them until they want you to, and they can slip back into obscurity where they are completely safe when things heat up.

Also, can some kluth give feedback on new cloak? It seems from my pov, that there is no drawback to cloak what so ever now. Two boarder cruisers running six eccm seems to have no affect at all on the outcome of a battle from what ive seen. At what point, how many eccm, does this supposed countermeasure to cloak take hold and affect the outcome of a battle as eccm ping used to? Also the inability to track your target means that this pseudo counter to cloak only works for the 30 seconds after the luth had preformed his attack run. In this sence, I can only control how fast the kluth re-engages me. That’s crap, because the kluth will always wait until his ahr repairs him to a point he feels he can comfortably attack me. The 30 seconds I prolong his re-engagement only work in his favor, as I cannot press the attack during this time.

Please. If im wrong, enlighten me. I am, after all, only seeing this from one side.

And no, this is not a cry, rant, or IQQ. No this is not because we lost our systems today. I had a lot of fun fighting you kluthies.
The purpose of the new cloak, I thought, was to simplify anti kluth tactics and make an easier to balance system … not eradicate them.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-03-10 16:52 ]

(Eject)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-10 17:13   
Quote:

On 2012-03-10 16:37, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-10 11:12, (Eject) wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Because I might not be reading the post 'right then'. I have no idea what map was on the rotation, which would be infinitely more helpful than 'right now'.

I just finished two scenarios, so far so good. TY

Goto the website of (Eject)
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-03-10 23:00   
@eject&pantheon : ive noticed in the past (probably every time i saw it) that in kraken server, the Cincinnati map scenarios have no starry and nebula backgrounds at all. leads to the scenery while travelling a boredom...

Quote:

there is no drawback to cloak what so ever now. Two boarder cruisers running six eccm seems to have no affect at all on the outcome of a battle from what ive seen. At what point, how many eccm, does this supposed countermeasure to cloak take hold and affect the outcome of a battle as eccm ping used to?

edit:whatever i said, i was completely wrong lol.

hello devs theres this bug where the cloak device doesnt function as it should. when cloak device activates the ship does not get affected by external ecm and eccm fields anymore.

furthermore, when cloaked, the cloak device does not compensate for signature raised by beacons. in practice, this means that the cloak device will not fight back beacons, not cause any excessive energy drains and not properly cloak kluth ships.

extrafurthermore, focused electronic warfare devices deactivate themself when their target activates cloak device.

cloak broken, despite misintentions to the contrariwise
[ This Message was edited by: Toby D Syded on 2012-03-11 01:06 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-11 00:52   
Testing in beta;
Me in a mandy, X-FTL Toby D Syded in a scout.

Beacons totally break cloak for the duration of the life of the projectile.

Beacons effectiveness as an anti stealth weapon; Exellent

Focused ECCM, though stronger than regular eccm, turns off upon the kluth pushing V. As soon as you push the cloak button, your signature goes to base value for the ship, and it takes the normal ~8 seconds to cloak(mandiable).

Focused ECCM effectiveness as an anti stealth weapon; Ineffective

Normal ECCM; Though it raised the signature of the kluth ship for the duration of cloak being engaged, the ship compensated by speeding up the rate at which it intercepted a zero signature status. Thus, time for the activation of cloak remained the same as base signature activation time.

Normal ECCM effectiveness as an anti stealth weapon; Poor, possibly ineffective

Normal ECCM had no affect even at level 7. We tried this test again with a command carrier and go the same results.

Also, at no point during the tests did raised signature in the area of operations adversely affect the taxation of the ships energy generation or pool. Thusly, high signature areas had no affect on the ships operational speed, nor did it adversely affect engagement nor dis-engagement times.

on another note,, it took nearly all of my AHR reserves to repair one plate of armor from 15% to 100%.

Kluth are, by observations made in these tests, broken. Beacons are too powerful, and other EWAR packages are totally ineffective. Even ECM has adverse, unintended affects on kluth tec.

Next test;
build 32 sencor plats in one, secluded location and run cloaking tests there. Should confirm, or deny by observations of the signature/energy relationship for kluth.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-11 04:24   
i went in to test the K'luth cloaking. Brutality was a border cruiser with 3x eccm, i jumped near him with a siphon, went full speed and cloaked, to test energy usages at various ranges with eccm and without.

---------------------------
first testrun:

siphon, full speed (14,1), cloaked, no ecm on.
No nearby eccm

it took 48 seconds for losing 25 energy > 1,92 sec/energy
-----------------------------------
second run

Brutality (in BC) at 200 gu running 3x eccm

it took 23 seconds to lose 25 energy. my range varied a bit (say 170-230 gu) because i went full speed so lets just say > 1 sec/energy
------------------------
third run

Brutality at 300 gu running 3x eccm

it took 35 seconds to lose 25 energy, my ranges varied from 300-400 with an 330 ish average.
--------------------------------

looking at the results, eccm definelty affects the rate of energy loss of nearby cloaked ships, felt up to 400 gu. The longwave eccm hasnt been tested yet.

I didnt get pinged when brutality activated his eccm.

What i did notice was one system got dmged because i got 0 energy. when i hover my mouse over it it says organic armor. I notice my signal is 5, even though im cloaked. I check the dmged system more closely, only to find out its the cloaking device thats dmged. Because the indicator overlapped with organic armor confusion amy arise. I suggest when ppl see signal above 0, to check the device list for a blinking bar at ur cloaking device to see if its dmged. might explain any signal issues with cloaking

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-11 06:18   
Well. I haven't played in a while, but I got an e-mail about a new update the other day. I was thinking about playing again anyways, so I decided I would jump on to see what's happening. Turns out though, that I now have the same issue that I used to get in beta; Namely, after only a few minutes of play, the game freezes and I have to close it down in taskmanager. I know before, there were a number of people having the issue in beta, so I am hoping there is a work around or fix for this? Kinda sucks too since I bought a few credits to play around with on my return. Anyways, that's the "bug" I have run into... wasn't able to play long enough to encounter anything else.

Edit: Have tried it a few times. 2 out of three times it actually freezes on ship selection.
[ This Message was edited by: Whiterin on 2012-03-11 06:54 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-11 10:22   
Quote:

On 2012-03-11 06:18, Whiterin wrote:
Well. I haven't played in a while, but I got an e-mail about a new update the other day. I was thinking about playing again anyways, so I decided I would jump on to see what's happening. Turns out though, that I now have the same issue that I used to get in beta; Namely, after only a few minutes of play, the game freezes and I have to close it down in taskmanager. I know before, there were a number of people having the issue in beta, so I am hoping there is a work around or fix for this? Kinda sucks too since I bought a few credits to play around with on my return. Anyways, that's the "bug" I have run into... wasn't able to play long enough to encounter anything else.

Edit: Have tried it a few times. 2 out of three times it actually freezes on ship selection.

Can you post your Client.log and Trace.log in the DarkSpace/.Cache/DarkSpace directory?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-11 10:57   
Quote:

On 2012-03-11 00:52, Defiance*CO* wrote:
Kluth are, by observations made in these tests, broken. Beacons are too powerful, and other EWAR packages are totally ineffective. Even ECM has adverse, unintended affects on kluth tec.

Noticed this too. And agreed.

By default the energy drain on cloak is OK.
ECCM needs to have more impact on cloak drain.

Beacons are now bad news. Really bad news for cloak. Effects should be reduced to see how it works out. There should be a middle ground on this.

And yes. As I mentioned a few times. ECM is sorta buggy.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-11 11:25   
Quote:

On 2012-03-11 10:57, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

ECCM needs to have more impact on cloak drain.

i agree with this, maybe the luth players are just really good at energy management but the ECCM dosent seem to have much effect that i can detect....So from my prospective as an ICC player it seems like we were stripped of ping and really got nothing back in return. Im fine with it if it was intended to be that way though.

[ This Message was edited by: Rebellion *XO* on 2012-03-11 11:31 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

marco ramius
Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-11 14:23   
possible problem with extractor/engie mining beams shutting themselves off , plenty of energy availible , butt they just shut themselves off !!!!!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025987 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR