No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Where's all the ICC love?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Where's all the ICC love?
Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle]
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-25 09:22   
EMP Pulse Should Break Cloaking.... just my 2 cents.
and should destroy incoming cloaked missiles...

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-25 09:31   
Quote:
On 2013-05-25 09:22, Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle] wrote:
EMP Pulse Should Break Cloaking.... just my 2 cents.
and should destroy incoming cloaked missiles...

would be devastating to k'luth. 4-5 ICC players were to cycle the pulse shields then the entire k'luth cloak could potentially be negated depending on the implementation and duration of the cloak break. I think it would skew the factions too much.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-26 06:13   
Anything that knocks a kluth out of cloak would be like
- A device which disables ICC shields or damages all to 0%
- A device which damages ugto armor on all plates by 50%

K'Luth are squishy, and the cloak is really integral to their survivability, and anything that easily tears that away with one key press is absolutely devastating (Which is why I hate flux waves tremendously)

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-26 18:19   
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 06:13, PsyCrow wrote:
Anything that knocks a kluth out of cloak would be like
- A device which disables ICC shields or damages all to 0%
- A device which damages ugto armor on all plates by 50%

K'Luth are squishy, and the cloak is really integral to their survivability, and anything that easily tears that away with one key press is absolutely devastating (Which is why I hate flux waves tremendously)

Flux waves have been considerably toned down from what they used to be.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2013-05-26 18:21   
Actually, it might NOT break things, uf you just keep dat pulse shield as it is now but add

35-45% chance of disrupting cloak within 300gu for, say, 15 seconds.

Boom. ICC is happy, as we can see those buggy bastards in exchange for our pulse shield being random. Buggy bastards are Meh because it's only a 35-45% chance and it's only half a combat timer's worth, and UGTO are all WTF why don't we get this???

Besides, if a K'luth ship is within 300 gu of me, I'm going to find out soon anyway, why not have a chance of it happening a bit faster.

Also it's only 300 gu!! Meaning, that not only is there the initial randomness, but there is also the randomness of a player actually being *in* that radius, outside of, oh, a battle between fleets.

And if it IS a battle between fleets, then ICC is going to need all the help it can get. (Especially now that there are less and less AD capable players on now, I've noticed)

[ This Message was edited by: Oceans of Steel, Rain of Fire on 2013-05-26 18:23 ]
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Fidchell
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-26 19:00   
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 18:21, Oceans of Steel, Rain of Fire wrote:
Actually, it might NOT break things, uf you just keep dat pulse shield as it is now but add

Boom. ICC is happy, as we can see those buggy bastards in exchange for our pulse shield being random. Buggy bastards are Meh because it's only a 35-45% chance and it's only half a combat timer's worth, and UGTO are all WTF why don't we get this???

Besides, if a K'luth ship is within 300 gu of me, I'm going to find out soon anyway, why not have a chance of it happening a bit faster.

Also it's only 300 gu!! Meaning, that not only is there the initial randomness, but there is also the randomness of a player actually being *in* that radius, outside of, oh, a battle between fleets.

And if it IS a battle between fleets, then ICC is going to need all the help it can get. (Especially now that there are less and less AD capable players on now, I've noticed)

[ This Message was edited by: Oceans of Steel, Rain of Fire on 2013-05-26 18:23 ]

The AD is not a be all end all ship. Personally if I am laying siege to any planet the CD is preferable because of the range of its railguns. The MD might be preferable but because of PD i think CD beats it out. Same thing with the strike cruiser.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-27 05:20   
Quote:

that would be devestation to luth, to lose our cloak for 15 seconds in the middle of an icc fleet, we would be low armor or even low hull depending on the size of the fleet.

How would you feel if luth had an device that made your shields inoperative fir say 15 seconds, and in that time you were taking fire from enemy ships. you would find your self in a bad situation real fast.

one thing i've always noticed is everyone who fights against luth feels cloak is op, its not. both human factions have abilities to counter our cloak, the major one is eccm. eccm works 2 ways against us first, it takes us longer to uncloak, and to recloak. second, with more eccm around it makes our cloak use more power draining our batteries faster.

i think its kinda funny that icc are complaining about luth right now. currently i feel icc has the best chances against luth with there shields and the defence mods that most players stick up on there ships.

Email Borgie
PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-27 06:21   
I'm the least afraid of ICC, actually, because they don't have anything that can disable our systems. Additionally, they don't have the sheer firepower of UGTO weapons.

Once our armor falls, which is easy to do, an UGTO ship can instantly leave us completely screwed by disabling cloak down to 0% which takes several minutes to repair without a supply ship, depot, or platform.

EMP cannons seem to damage systems through armor, so that is another concern.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-27 06:29   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 06:21, PsyCrow wrote:

EMP cannons seem to damage systems through armor, so that is another concern.

thats how they are programed, but the cannons do little armor shield damage though

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-27 12:56   
There're always players with extreme suggestions.
Eg: Disable X gadget for Y seconds. 1 hit takes out 50% armor. Etc etc etc.

The kind of suggestions which, at a glance, anyone can tell it probably didn't go through a lot of thought, if any, at all.

Thankfully those people don't get to make any decisions about the game. LOL.
But carry on suggesting folks. If only to see how funny they can be.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2013-05-27 12:57 ]

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-27 12:58   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 12:56, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
There're always players with extreme suggestions.
Eg: Disable X gadget for Y seconds. Disable shields for Y seconds. 1 hits takes out 50% armor. Etc etc etc.

The kind of suggestions which, at a glance, anyone can tell it probably didn't go through a lot of thought, if any, at all.

Thankfully those people don't get to make any decisions about the game. LOL.
But carry on suggesting folks. If only to see how funny they can be.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2013-05-27 12:57 ]

Well, flux waves disable cloak for 5 minutes, so I wonder how much thought went into that one.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-27 13:02   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 12:58, PsyCrow wrote:

Well, flux waves disable cloak for 5 minutes, so I wonder how much thought went into that one.

Flux damages the cloaking device, which in effect can take out cloak. It can damage any other system too. It was designed that way.

It doesn't simply specifically disable the cloak device like a dictor would a JD.

There's the difference.

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-27 13:26   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 13:02, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 12:58, PsyCrow wrote:

Flux damages the cloaking device, which in effect can take out cloak. It can damage any other system too. It was designed that way.

It doesn't simply specifically disable the cloak device like a dictor would a JD.

There's the difference.

Well, it's awfully close to that idea posted further up of pulse waves having a % chance to disable cloak

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-29 01:33   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 05:20, Borgie wrote:
Quote:
SNIP

SNIP

Borg its not as bad as you think. A mandi can regen energy out of combat in a 107 ECCM field at 6.6 Gu speed. And barely 7 seconds to fully cloak in same field. I also did a run to see how much power it drains, going 700 out and heading 700 on the other side (run of 1400 gus) I used 75 units of power running at FULL SPEED. And cloaking no where near any eccm field it took 6 seconds to fully cloak. So even a massive 107 signature increase barely affected the cloaking times.

So cloak isnt as weak as you think borg. And for this current version cloak is a bit overpowered. That may change in the next version with the advent of ships with a much broader EW suite

Now to put things in perpective i used 10 ICC Sencor plats which (If i remember properly) have 2 ECCM on them a piece. They were stacked on top of each other and the mandi i used was on top of them so there was ZERO falloff. Let me ask you this, When are you EVER going to find 20 ECCMs running because of players, not very likely unless they are plats or at a planet.
[ This Message was edited by: Soulless *CO* on 2013-05-29 01:38 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-29 05:13   
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 01:33, Soulless *CO* wrote:

Now to put things in perpective i used 10 ICC Sencor plats which (If i remember properly) have 2 ECCM on them a piece. They were stacked on top of each other and the mandi i used was on top of them so there was ZERO falloff. Let me ask you this, When are you EVER going to find 20 ECCMs running because of players, not very likely unless they are plats or planet

it happens quite a bit now, most icc don't leave there planet when they know luth is around. also when you factor in the ai in the area its even worse. currently in my opinon the only thing i feel is overpowered on luth side is chit armor, stat wise its almost the same strength as icc armor.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024602 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR