Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Where's all the ICC love?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Where's all the ICC love?
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-30 12:07   
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 05:13, Borgie wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 01:33, Soulless *CO* wrote:

Now to put things in perpective i used 10 ICC Sencor plats which (If i remember properly) have 2 ECCM on them a piece. They were stacked on top of each other and the mandi i used was on top of them so there was ZERO falloff. Let me ask you this, When are you EVER going to find 20 ECCMs running because of players, not very likely unless they are plats or planet

it happens quite a bit now, most icc don't leave there planet when they know luth is around. also when you factor in the ai in the area its even worse. currently in my opinon the only thing i feel is overpowered on luth side is chit armor, stat wise its almost the same strength as icc armor.

Well i understand why they dont. We have no way to know where luth are and no way to counterattack. Before we had eccm ping which worked a good chunck of the time. Then there is a the few of us to blind fire in to space to find you guys

Email *FTL*Soulless
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-01 11:34   
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 12:07, Soulless *CO* wrote:

Well i understand why they dont. We have no way to know where luth are and no way to counterattack. Before we had eccm ping which worked a good chunck of the time. Then there is a the few of us to blind fire in to space to find you guys

gotta remember that eccm ping was a glitch the devs were unable to fix at the time, so insense every time you ping a luth ship you were exploiting a bug.

Email Borgie
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-02 00:00   
Pinging sucked anyway, I most certainly do NOT miss having my fingers cramp up from mashing the same few keys over and over to turn ECCM on/off in sequence.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-02 01:27   
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 00:00, Talien wrote:
Pinging sucked anyway, I most certainly do NOT miss having my fingers cramp up from mashing the same few keys over and over to turn ECCM on/off in sequence.

Well, whether it sucked or not depended on who used it. Those who already made it an art loved it. The rest who couldn't or cramped up probably hated it.

Whatever it was, it was a way for human faction players to reveal cloaked vessels in the vicinity momentarily. For some players, even that split second made a difference as they were able to zero in on the threat and rain blind fire down. Sometimes even breaking a potential Kluth attack or prematurely forcing one to happen.

Some players just play at a completely different level compared to others.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-02 17:10   
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 01:27, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Well, whether it sucked or not depended on who used it. Those who already made it an art loved it. The rest who couldn't or cramped up probably hated it.

Whatever it was, it was a way for human faction players to reveal cloaked vessels in the vicinity momentarily. For some players, even that split second made a difference as they were able to zero in on the threat and rain blind fire down. Sometimes even breaking a potential Kluth attack or prematurely forcing one to happen.

Some players just play at a completely different level compared to others.

Even for people who could do it effectively it wasn't the most reliable. A lot of times you'd know a luth ship was nearby because it had just cloaked or someone else had just pinged it, but it wouldn't show when you cycled your ECCM even if you hit more than one at a time, which was the usual suggestion from people when cycling ECCM one at a time didn't reveal a ship you knew was there.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-03 02:44   

True that, Tal.

But as your siggy said. Adapt or die.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-03 15:23   
Adapt to a glitch that was never intended, didn't even work right while it was around, caused actual physical discomfort to some, and was finally fixed. That doesn't seem just a little counter intuitive to you?

Though admittedly the current system is more frustrating to most people because they have no way of knowing whether their ECCM is even doing anything besides forcing them to slow down so they don't bleed energy.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-03 16:57   
currently the problem now with luth cloak is we sometimes become visable for no real reason. over the weekend i was doing a fly by of flash's station and outta no where every ugto ship that was able to was firing on me.. so nothing's perfect. and as us luth we adapted to that bug very well. most of us knew when we were getting pinged, and when to move.

Email Borgie
PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-04 00:52   
K'Luth cloak is SUPPOSED to be absolute so long as:
A. It has energy.
B. The device is undamaged.

ICC cannot inflict damage on systems. If they do, it only seems to happen when a target is on the verge of death.
If ICC have any advantage over the kluth, it's this:
ICC can fight at full speed for long periods of time, forcing K'Luth to break off to recharge.
ICC can divert shields to the aft, effectively having 4-5 layers of protection.

UGTO can damage systems through armor and shields with EMP cannons, and cause complete system failures with the flux wave if armor and/or shields have been reduced to an ammount less than the damage inflicted by the flux wave.
[ This Message was edited by: PsyCrow on 2013-06-04 00:54 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-04 11:51   
Icc can inflect system damage, all beams do inflect random system damage on hit, more effective when target is hulled

Email Borgie
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-04 12:37   
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 00:52, PsyCrow wrote:
K'Luth cloak is SUPPOSED to be absolute so long as:
A. It has energy.
B. The device is undamaged.

If ICC have any advantage over the kluth, it's this:
ICC can fight at full speed for long periods of time, forcing K'Luth to break off to recharge.
ICC can divert shields to the aft, effectively having 4-5 layers of protection.

[ This Message was edited by: Sheraton *XO* on 2013-06-04 13:32 ]

a few brief points.

1) the reason k'luth have to recharge is because your energy management is by design terrible.

2) ICC AD running sabbots can go at 13 gu but their energy drains rapidly regardless. This varies from AD to AD depending on the players setup of aux gens v aux shields. This also applies to the CD, MD, and most other ICC ships. more shields = less energy for us.

3) we can divert shields to the rear but that subtracts the energy form our other 3 shield arcs. we are not increasing our total amount of shields we are simply focusing all of our shield energy into one direction.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2013-06-04 18:13   
eah what he said!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-04 20:18   

The AD was recently found slightly OP in a test with the EAD. Not the shields or weaps, but in its energy management.

Dunno if the appropriate tweaks have been pushed through. If not, it will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-05 17:04   
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 20:18, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

The AD was recently found slightly OP in a test with the EAD. Not the shields or weaps, but in its energy management.

Dunno if the appropriate tweaks have been pushed through. If not, it will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Is it because the AD has more aux generators to compensate for shields?

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-05 18:12   
Hardly. On mine at least I replace the aux gens.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030086 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR