No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Petition: Cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Petition: Cloak
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 07:28   
The new cloak is what i was looking for, sweet

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-02-28 10:44   
If UGTO/ICC wanna neutralise the cloak in game, allow it so u have to beacon the kluth ship! Apart from being beaconed, there should be no way to detect a cloaked kluth ship!

This is realistic if u ask me!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:37   
Quote:

On 2004-02-28 10:44, Darksworde wrote:
If UGTO/ICC wanna neutralise the cloak in game, allow it so u have to beacon the kluth ship! Apart from being beaconed, there should be no way to detect a cloaked kluth ship!

This is realistic if u ask me!

I really like Darksworde's idea and the new cloak Gideon mentioned. Personally, I would get a real kick outta sitting at a planet not knowing if a kluth fleet was going to decloak in my face or right under my ship lol.

@ Baron von Richthofen: I really don't have a problem with kluth being able to sup and be supped while cloaked. I'm guessing drones will still be visible, so if they decide to cloak in the middle of a battle to get sup, you should still be able to manually target the drone cloud.

Varz zZz zz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 12:03   
signed.... and tattooed on my buttocks.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 13:19   
Follow up:

Forgot that the Auto Hull Repair and Reactors would work while cloaked. Reactors in this proposal bear a massive redesign, towards the end of them being included on ships standard, and numbers are adjusted with the expectation that there are multiple on a ship. Drone bays, we are uncertain. Initially, they would not work. Still up in the air.

Efficiency loss of the cloak due to damage is also part of the plan.

Potential anti-cloak device would be because there is the possibility of planets being unable to prevent invasion by K'Luth. K'Luth ships could, in theory, just fly up to the planet until they are close enough that defense bases cannot effectivly hit them, and then drop troops, covering them with their hitbox. No solid decision has been made at this time, as it would have to be worked out via testing.

I like the beacon idea. Hadn't concidered that, but perhaps we can have it not cloak sig output from beacons...

Email Gideon
Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-28 17:12   
I don't like this. There is something fishy about device that basicly grants complete invisibility. Nothing good will come out of it. Gank of 2 scarabs and a dictor can own any single ship faster then it can press 'e'. It ain't right. I woun't even mention anything about planet caping.

You are Nerfed. Face it. It's time to test your conviction. And trust me it WILL be tested. Because the hate for j'luth runs deep and there will be NO MERCY. We'll see if you are all about teamwork then. I am betting most people will move to stronger faction.

Varz zZz zz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 17:45   
Roger and S.W. = owned. No matter how "nerfed" we are. We'll even take you in a fleet of scouts.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-28 19:41   
Varz, but you'll only fly K'luth scouts, since they have heavy beams.

Intrepid
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:04   
signed

Azure.co.uk
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:05   
Quote:

On 2004-02-28 17:12, Roger wrote:
I don't like this. There is something fishy about device that basicly grants complete invisibility. Nothing good will come out of it. Gank of 2 scarabs and a dictor can own any single ship faster then it can press 'e'. It ain't right. I woun't even mention anything about planet caping.

I highly doubt it, AM Torps barely do some damage in beta, blimey PSI canons are doing more damage then it. K'luth really need stronger weaps, 8 Disruptors and 4 Psi canon on a hive with 3 Disruptor and 5 AM torp on a Drainer could only get a Transport to 59%. Now theres seriously something wrong with that. 5 Disruptor could only get a frig to 91%.

It's hardly hit and run when we can only fire off one alpha before running out of energy. This cloak would really make it hit and run in a way..

EDIT: Signed...

[ This Message was edited by: Azure.co.uk on 2004-02-28 21:06 ]

Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:22   
Quote:

On 2004-02-28 17:45, Varz wrote:
We'll even take you in a fleet of scouts.

May be if we are in a fleet of extractors

Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:28   
MY OPINION DOES NOT MATTER, but sign

The new cloak makes it like the Romulans on Star Trek. They can kick butt faster than u can say "Element of Surprise."(This is probably true because typing that is a headache...)

[ This Message was edited by: Axalon on 2004-02-28 21:30 ]

Email Axalon
Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-20 15:34   
Addition: When you fire weapons you automatically decloak, as opposed to the cancelled effect (helps get things done faster). A nice way this could work is for scouting. This would make the K'luth the ultimate scouts, since they can't be detected. BTW I think that the cloak should still work at jump speed, but not as well (sig leak). This would make them the best in sneak attacks.

That's my 2 cents.

PS: Yes I know this topic is old...

When in doubt, bring a large enormous starcruiser and shoot the hell out of whatever is casting doubts upon you...

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/axalon-ds/
S

[ This Message was edited by: Axalon on 2004-07-20 15:45 ]

Email Axalon
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-20 15:45   
If you read the entire thread, I believe somewhere in there we mentioned that that is in fact what will happen.

So, since this thread is ridiculously old, and you're just advocating for the system that we're implementing, I'm going to lock the thread.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.028787 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR