No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A GA ship
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author A GA ship
Arch Angel
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-06 10:10   
GA is the ultimate rank available atm, and takes a long time to get there. The rewards should reflect this. I suggest a new ship for every class only available to the GA. Thereby giving the GA more tactical solutions.

USS Brett A. Scott
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-06 17:34   
To have a sy station is about like combining the shipyard off star trek and the station we presently have, hmmmmm that might give your R & D a design to play with

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-06 18:56   
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 17:34, System Lord Anubis wrote:
To have a sy station is about like combining the shipyard off star trek and the station we presently have, hmmmmm that might give your R & D a design to play with

Did you even READ my post on Shipyard sations?
Shipyard Stations are virtually useless, and hard to code in the game.
Check my post on page 2 for more details.

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-06 19:21   
Quote:
Yes i think over an really overpowered ship!
And here is a Picture of what i am thinking!
This Ship would be really honourable for an Grand Admiral

NOW THATS A SPICY MEATBALL!

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-04-07 02:14   
Okay. We'll make its maximum speed be 5 gu/second and it will take 10 minutes for its jumpdrive to charge.

Email Jim Starluck
Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 02:41   
Quote:

On 2004-04-07 02:14, Jim Starluck wrote:
Okay. We'll make its maximum speed be 5 gu/second and it will take 10 minutes for its jumpdrive to charge.

Doesnt matter if this Ship is the real ultimate one(fight 5 Dreads and be vitory, without having critical damage), then its all ok.
I thought if we make this, then do that this ship cannot orbit Planets, cause of its Size. This Ship are only used for Combat, and it is possible for every Faction to have only ONE at the same time!!!

So if we have something like that, there are reasons to do the hard long way for getting a Grand Admiral!

I am sure you see i am not a friend of Balancing!

Goto the website of Patriarch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 04:03   
that wil never happen !

a ship that can beat 5 dreads without a scratch

if something can fight 5 dreads and be victorious, it should be a station that's completely immobile! (only speed 5 and very poor maneuvrabillity, without a jump drive!) and whithout a wormhole device!. And even then, it would be totally insane!

this would mean that when a GA is present, that side will become godlike.

I'd rather see a tactically usefull addition to the fleet, like a super sensor station with lots of armor/shields and very long range eccm which will increase the signature of all enemies within 50000 gu and it's own signature, but doesn't effect other friendly vessels/stations, plus some powerfull weapons, as we only have one station per faction at the moment.

perhaps we could give each faction some additional stations like a mining base or even a dictor base, or a base that has a super antimatter-warhead missile that could strike one target every 2 min. and it could be as strong to totally destroy a scout and perhaps half of a frigate. The station should have about 50 sig or so, so it would be an obvious target to everyone.

just some silly suggestions, but let's stay with the essence of the game, to give everyone a possabillity to contribute to it's faction in a fair way without severely unballancing that particular faction.

feel free to comment

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 04:50   
Here is an idea; how about granting GrandAdmirals one customized Ship at the time of their Promotion?
Since those woulnt happen everyday, i guess the workload for the Staff might actually be fasible.

The Ship designs would have to be submitted to the Staff and accepted or rejected depending on the "realism" (please not the use of quotes, for all those nitpickers out there) of their Layout.

If the Ship is destroyed - Bad Luck! So you better think twice if you design a EAD with 2 more Torps or a Assault Destroyer with 2 Special Slots

Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 08:04   
Quote:

On 2004-04-07 04:50, Zrmlgarash Ashkoth wrote:
Here is an idea; how about granting GrandAdmirals one customized Ship at the time of their Promotion?
Since those woulnt happen everyday, i guess the workload for the Staff might actually be fasible.

The Ship designs would have to be submitted to the Staff and accepted or rejected depending on the "realism" (please not the use of quotes, for all those nitpickers out there) of their Layout.

If the Ship is destroyed - Bad Luck! So you better think twice if you design a EAD with 2 more Torps or a Assault Destroyer with 2 Special Slots

I like your idea, but why only two slots?
We are talking about a ship for the rank which has the longest and hardest way to reach! So it must be a real special reward!!
Your idea with the unique ship is really good, so if it is destroyed it is gone!!
This ship which is the only one which is existing and if you loose it then you dont get anyone more!So it has to be real good! It should have 2 times the systems it normally has, and you will only loose if it is killed be an enemy player(no planet collisions....)
For example EAD: looks like an ead, but is as strong as 2, couse of double structure points and doubled systems/weapons.
Only a unique ship, you get only this one if you reach the Rank of an GA at the first time and loosing it means you will NEVER get a new one.
So thats the reason i think that the ship should be really strong.
And that would be a real special reward!!!

Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 08:28   
GAH! Giving an UBER ship to GA is the worst idea ever. Once large numbers of people reach GA what are the 'lesser' mortals supposed to do. The only way a truely powerfull ship can be introduced is if its numbers were set to a permanent limit.

Prehapse the new 'political' ranks that will be brought out in the near future could be used to assign flagship type vessles, as there will only be a finite number of these political positions available on each faction, automatically limiting the numbers of these larger ships, but for GA's..no.

Once the new order system is introduced GA's will have a function..bossing others around

Email Eleda
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 09:52   
Sorry Pat, but - No.

The Idea is not to create a Uberific Assault Dread Of Doom, but a Ship that is *unique* in its kind and meaningful as an individual Ship.
Think of it as the Ship the Grand Admiral is actually commanding. It's going to be slightly modified.

The Idea could actually be put to use in many different ways. For example, any (single) Ship that survived for a length of time and racked up X total Prestige Points for its Pilot could be submitted for modification (adding a number of Slots, adding Turrets (Full Mounts) etc). or whatever.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 10:33   
Quote:

Basically take the AC/TC Chassis and Config, change it to 3 Heavy Beams, 6 Armour/Shield Slots, 6-7 Full Torp slots, 2 Reactor slots, give it an Extra Engine slot and Viola, a TRUE Assualt class ship piloted by those who deserve it most...

throw in and Extra Req like a minimum of 20,000 Ships Damaged and your onto a winner that will please all

For Kluth, Dunno, maybe a Gang with 2 reloads, extra armour, extra reactor, 2 more weapon slots and give it 4 full Torps, maybe make 4 of the Disruptors full arc or something

Yeah Make it 20,000 ships damaged almost there

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-07 12:05   
omg this has gotten stupid

Tart_Cart {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 16:53   
op now i gotta do it

the ga ship should have 4554653564 more weapons slots
321132312 more drives and 4242213 more reactors...

TOOO FRICKIN POWERFUL...........

Email Tart_Cart {C?}
Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 07:50   
Quote:

On 2004-04-07 09:52, Zrmlgarash Ashkoth wrote:
Sorry Pat, but - No.

The Idea is not to create a Uberific Assault Dread Of Doom, but a Ship that is *unique* in its kind and meaningful as an individual Ship.
Think of it as the Ship the Grand Admiral is actually commanding. It's going to be slightly modified.

The Idea could actually be put to use in many different ways. For example, any (single) Ship that survived for a length of time and racked up X total Prestige Points for its Pilot could be submitted for modification (adding a number of Slots, adding Turrets (Full Mounts) etc). or whatever.

Oh, perhaps i understodd you wrong, you mean every ship a GA is using??
For example: i get an GA and say to an admin i would have two more beam slots. So i have 2 more beam slots at every ship i choose??

Did you mean that?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029511 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR