No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +7.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Metaverse 1.481: Human Quadrant Discussion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Metaverse 1.481: Human Quadrant Discussion
Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-06 16:15   
I have to second the reduction of buildings on barren planets. Though the new system makes habitable planets more usefull on paper i am still noticing very little difference in dificulty between capping a Large Earth-type planet and capping a small barren planet.

Additionally i would have to agree to removing things like the Umbrella cluster, not on a realism basis but on a gameplay basis. That many planets in close proximity to each other is a BAD thing (though Reason has already stated that planets will be spaced further apart soon so no worries )

As for the design/spacing of the MV systems as a whole, im going to leave commenting on that untill the platforms come out.Deep space re-fueling stations will make those long trips a whole lot easyer.

What i would like to see is some variance in the Nebulas. We currently have a single type that lowers sig.Some other options are

-Raising sig
-Reducing speed
-Energy leaching
-Shield draining
-Armour dissolving
-Weapon disabling (ie 'beam cohesion is prevented' making beams un-able to fire, or 'magnetic fields are disabled' making torps explode as soon as they leave your ship )

Email Eleda
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-06 16:18   
I think that inferno planets should be fitted with an antimatter jump drives which senses enemy ships and collides into them.

Actually, there's a mysterious hidden jumpgate near the UGTO home gate in the MV: just zoom in close to the UGTO home gate area and take a look around there...

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-06 16:32   
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 16:15, ICS Lexington wrote:

What i would like to see is some variance in the Nebulas. We currently have a single type that lowers sig.Some other options are

-Raising sig
-Reducing speed
-Energy leaching
-Shield draining
-Armour dissolving
-Weapon disabling (ie 'beam cohesion is prevented' making beams un-able to fire, or 'magnetic fields are disabled' making torps explode as soon as they leave your ship )

Cool ideas!

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-06 17:03   
Gawd..

All i am asking for is a more realistic FEELING to the Maps!

Thats by no means excluding Playablitily!

And it doesnt mean we can only have 0.2 Planets/Starsystem!

All im asking for is for the right LOOK!

OK?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-06 17:20   
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 16:15, ICS Lexington wrote:

-Raising sig
-Reducing speed
-Energy leaching
-Shield draining
-Armour dissolving

Nice ideas, but not really the right forum.

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-06 17:27   
For the backwater, retreat, safety systems.. might I suggest a large cluster in each of them, with a nice terran in the middle or so.. might not be terribly realistic, but in case of a need to retreat, you have a safe haven somewhere. In the center of it, you could stick your shipyard planets, and the other planets (moons, whatever you want) would be there basically to protect said shipyard planet.. basically defensive planets.

Just so there's pretty much always a last refuge...

Just an idea.

Oh, and a lot of the names are, well.. dumb. I can understand calling something (as an example) Procyon 13-1555-345 for scientific cataloging purposes. However, as soon as your settlement expedition set out, the people on board those ships would surely want to land on a planet with a more exciting name. We really need to, I think, get away from the completely ridiculous planet names; nobody living on such a planet would stand for that - I know I would at least petition the government to rename the place.

Or, you could just replace one of those oddly-named systems with my system, since I promised people it would make it into the MV... and it still hasn't.

Email Shigernafy
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-06 17:58   
ICS Lexington's ideas on New Nebulae types - - Excellent!

Shignerafy's suggestion about placing names on planets that Millions inhabit - - Gawd, yes. I don't want to raise my children on Procyron 3 and send them to school at 2b while working at 3b!

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-06 18:02   
I dont think these people are FORCED to come there they want to come and colinize.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-06 18:05   
If only I'd remember what Gideon's link to the colonist song was...

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-06 20:40   
... where are my systems?[/complaint]

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 00:52   
Chat filter, being able to just read what you want to would be great.

being able to toggle, BS chat, fleet chat, broadcasts, alearts, supply messages, distresses planet/ship,... etc

And being able to have the option to see where all the people on your team are w/o haveing to ask or zoom arround and zoom in.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 04:59   
Quote:

On 2004-04-07 00:52, Custom wrote:

being able to toggle, BS chat,

Oh yea.. I want that function! (Toggles off all bull**** Chat )

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-07 09:42   
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 16:18, Sopwith Camel {C?} wrote:
Actually, there's a mysterious hidden jumpgate near the UGTO home gate in the MV: just zoom in close to the UGTO home gate area and take a look around there...

teh sol-ross(248 or 348?) gate?
its there but it just goes to the homegate (ship selection)

as i recall, mv went down for whatever reason in the middle of a icc/ugto brawl in ross, when it came back up a admin/dev put in a pair of 5 minute wormhole/gates from sol and CD to ross so the fight could be resumed

why its still there, i dunno

Reason
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-09 10:01   
-Moved Jumpgates closer to the systems they are in...Please post if there are any orbit problems with them (IE, Planets running into them/them running into planets, etc)

-Also started working on some of the planet clusters, spacing them out a little bit.

- |2eason -

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-20 22:46   
ALL good ideals folks but i have on more ideal. were as some planets have oval orbits and will be closer to the objet that they orbit around. and while on that closer pass they speed up some and on the father path they slow down. It may make things a bit more compacatlted but it may be nice to have a few comits passing thought a system or a infrona planet on a orbit like the aboue. . Why do ALL orbits have to be a perfect circle? i see no reason it should be. beside liike at our Solar system do ALL the orbait are they in perfect ciricler orbit.? no pluto does not have a perfect orbit. and i bet no more than one or two orbits of our planets have perctly circlaur orbits neather.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027000 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR