No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Silly me...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Silly me...
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-28 20:40   
Thought I could play for 5 minutes without being fluxed & ELFed by a cloaked k'luth... I thought wrong.

Back to waiting - thanks for all the fun abusers!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-28 20:52   
Fun, isn't it?

Do what I do - Flux them back.

Email Bobamelius
Sky Marshal Pi Chronopolice
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2005-02-28 20:56   
Lucky you that you have 5 minutes to enjoy the scenery before getting pounded by a cloaked Kluth ship.

I only made it as far as 2 minutes before I stumbled upon a cloaked Kluth ship.

Damned bugs.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-28 21:09   
is there any reason a K'luth ship should be uncloaked when they press V??

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-28 21:13   
BOOOOO HOOOOOO

God these daily flux whines are really getting old.

Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-28 21:20   
For me, I haven't been fluxx waved and elfed as much as you all, but what bothers me is not being able to return fire in close to an equal fashion with what ICC has to offer. I wouldn't mind having my systems damaged so much, but since it usually makes it so I can't fire back its pretty frusturating. Taking away their regen capability would make it better, because then the paltry weaponry of the class best used to fight a dessie (another dessie in my opinion, open to debate of course) as ICC would hit them enough so they would stop their attack.

I mod and fly my ships for enough energy as possible, so I don't typically run out even if fluxxed or elfed unless someone is abusing it and putting too many on, or if I am flying & fighting at full speed for a length of ime before getting ambushed. It's when they can mount a few flux/elf, have weapons that can take me out, AND energy enough to keep me in range to finish the job that's a bit much. I think in the beta things will be more evened out, so I am not really worried about it, but I haven't had to deal with months of getting r@ped by it-I feel for you all that have.

It's only bad too if they hunt in packs of 2-3, with one as fast moving bait, and 1-2 others as the ambushers. They are supposed to hunt like that, and I know it's coming and so avoid the ambush most of the time, but not always. It is more frusturating to not be able to type out a warning when you are turning for your life lol.

I enjoy the challenge of the K'luth as an enemy for sure, but when it goes beyond challenge to BS, that's a different story. Of course as I get better at DS, I will be able to handle more opponenets at once and my cpombat skills will improve, but..yeah. Silly you.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-02-28 21:21   
Apollo, allow me to say this loud and clear for you. (on a brief note, sorry if i get any of the administrators ticked at me i do apologize)

Shut your damn trap and quit trying to start damn fights. All youve been doing TODAY ALONE is cause a fight, so shut it and be quiet for once.

As for the flux, yeah, its being a little over used here with the elf beams.

Email UnknownWarrior
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-28 21:31   
And all you whiney people do is piss people off. every 30 mins someone in chat or in the forum starts whining about flux. YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE FLUX. GET OVER IT. At least until the beta starts.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-28 21:39   
Duel me or stop talking apples.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-28 22:40   
!. Coeus, no matter how hard you try, your never going to get him to fight you one on one. Ive tried.

2. Apollo, do you intentionally try to start a flame war? It seems to me that whine about the whines/ As you can see, your only whining about yourself when you do this. (I think you just got pwned here.)

3. Get along, we know flux is cheap, we know those who use it all the time and in great numbers cannot do any better without them than with them, and that these people are in the matter of public opinion, lame.

No one likes being in a fight, then suddnely, a flash occurs and ends it. No one stick around after their fluxxed due to that they have nothing to fight with, its lame in the most part, cause its a killjoy, and it seems its "whoever presses the V button fastest wins". And on the whole, it kills the idea of having fun.

Its not what flux does to ships systems thats griefing, its the fact that it kills the fun in getting in there and fighting. As such, it prevents those without flux to get close enough to fight anyone, which kills not only the game, but the fun in playing as well.

Though of course, to the person that used the flux, is funny as hell, and really entertaining I guess to watch your enemy try to get away on half their engines and no tach drive, so in some ways, someone is having fun, while others are being annoyed, aggervated, and above all, losing the fun to play the game....

See, im not saying its a bad thing. or it shouldent be done, im just telling yall what it does to peoples morale in playing the game, as well as even fighting other people. Remember this, before the next time you spam press the V button, that you might just be driving away yet another customer.

Yes, it has, ive seen many people (and quite a few of them newb as well as vet) give up playing for the time being because flux just isnt fun to play with.

This is directed at flux in particular aint it? Elf can be as bad, when its spammed, but I really dont have a problem with it until it drains my Tach drive So it can be dealt with.

So what causes flux to be so demoralizing? Well, one reason, is because it ruins most fights. It almost always turns in favor of the person who fluxxed, because the person whos now severely systems dammaged cant shoot back, let alone run away, and it provides an easy kill. Not fun at all :/

Another reason, is because of its shear usage. Its amazing how in one battle, nearly everyone can let off a flux, and NO ONE can shoot, and screws the whole thing over.

And lastly, the main reason for its problem is that it does the dammage much sooner than you can hope. 98% hull in my EAD. 2 Flux Waves. Everything but half my drives a reactor, and part of my Tach drive remained. I was lucky to make it out alive.

98%.

That is one of the bigger reasons in fact why we detest it so, is that its grossly overpowered at close range, and changes the tide of the fight early on.

Making the game less fun in such a way, it makes you just want to log and say "The hell with this."

See how im emphazing fun? See the point of this game is fun. Fun for everyone. Jack plea, my ranting, many other peoples complains, are for the sole purpose of the game being fun again. Not for just some fair playing, or even usage of weapons or tactics..,..

Were just saying in each of these "whines" as people who use flux alot say, that you guys make the game, well, not fun anymore. And that drives aways customers. Those customers drive away OTHER customers. And quite soon, theres no one left to fllux.

Of course, this is until the patch, but until then we have to put up with people who make the game LESS fun for the rest of us, for their "instant gratification." Or "prestige whoring" or whatever the heck youd like to call it. Nonetheless, im not going to say no one on my faction uses it.

I know for a damn well fact, someone on each faction uses flux all the time. Not just one faction. UGTO doesnt use it as much cause we dont have the players to do it more. But when we do, its usually with ALOT of it.

ICC use it, but maybe 1 or 2 per ship. They dont fully outloud their ships with it, but only 2 and you can be sure your systems will be fried. I get annoyed by it alot, cause simply, alot of people use it, making close range fighting with ICC almost impossible

Kluth use it often on destroyers, and cruisers. But very few on dreadnoughts. This is where most of the complaints come from, as they use it in abundance.

Now, I know people will probably turn this all against me, get al ldefensive, rather than be like me and at least admit that someone somewhere actually uses it, and my own faction too, rather than say "Your faction uses it more than ours" Im saying here that all of us, (as in all three factions.) use flux to some extent, and at some times more than others...so no shifting the blame to any one particular person.

Blatently put, ( which could have been said here without the long explanation ). : Flux, makes the game, well, less fun for those who choose not to use it, because we know what it feels like, and only makes the game LESS fun for those we use it against.

-Ent

Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-28 22:51   
That's a pretty well thought out and good venting post there, thank you. =o)

I personally have never & won't use flux till the patch, but will try out elf or emp (whatever can go on ICC) some time for tactical, not ego reasons, and likely not more than one.

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-28 23:19   
whatever, I put Enterwhine on ignore in the chat I wish I could do the same in the forums.

Now I shall go get in my flux claw and do what needs to be done.

It's just this daily crying about flux when nothing is going to change is just becoming sooooooo boring. Have you not noticed the more you go on about it the more people use it. I think every kluth now carries it as a standard weapon because most think you day in and day out ranting is quite entertaining.

The next thing you will go on about will be how the kluth can be 100% invisable in the new version. Or will it be they can use tractor beams while cloaked.

[ This Message was edited by: Capt. Apollo on 2005-02-28 23:24 ]

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-28 23:24   
Quote:

I enjoy the challenge of the K'luth as an enemy for sure, but when it goes beyond challenge to BS, that's a different story. Of course as I get better at DS, I will be able to handle more opponenets at once and my cpombat skills will improve, but..yeah. Silly you.

so that means u want a challange you can overcome....

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-28 23:42   
Quote:

On 2005-02-28 23:19, Capt. Apollo wrote:

The next thing you will go on about will be how the kluth can be 100% invisable in the new version. Or will it be they can use tractor beams while cloaked.

I've already decided to rant about that...don't get me started.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-28 23:59   
Yeah I have been looking over logs and what I find really funny is that many of the people that complain about the Flux run around in flux ships and flux others...

Email Tael
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021095 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR