No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » MV Balancing
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author MV Balancing
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-07 16:31   
How come it doesn't display how many peopel are on each side when you start the game? You can only guess.

I think just seeing that when you first come on would helpbalance teams a lil bit.

Anoutehr thing you could do is give bonuses to the side with the least amount of people.

Say There are 8 Ugto, 5 ICC and 1 kluth on at a certain point in time.

Ugto would get no bonuses, ICC would get 30% stronger shields and the kluth would get 50% stronger armor.

I think if you take the percentage of how much a side is outnumbered by, and divide it bya number, lets say 2, and put a maximum bonus cap on,

50% cap is as high as it can go.
ICC have 5, ugto have 8, so they are outnumbered 60% (approximately) divide that by 2, so ICC get a 30% shield bonus

kluth have 1, so kluth are outnumbered by 800%, divde by 2, would be 400%, but since that is higher than 50% kluth only get 50%.

You could increase the divider more also.
Lets say divide by 3
ICC only get a 20% onus, and kluth still get their bonus of 50.

I would see this kind of a sort of way, if ICC have their 30% bonus and the Ugto and ICC meet in battle with everyone they got, THat would help ICC stand up longer by creating a sort of 6th member, by keeping each meber alive for 20% longer. 5x.2=1

You could also decide to give the team with the most a negative bonus, by how much they are outnumbering divided by a number. 60%/2=30%, would give Ugto only 70% armor integrity

So 8x.8=5.6 and ICC have the equivilent of 6(of course, the Ugto would have the firepower of 8 while ICC only has firepower of 5)

I hope this isn't to much of a ramble no one can make sense of it, and I don't think a negative moifier would be fair unlessit was only very slight, say divide by 9. (60%/9=7% (approximate) Ugto would have 93% armor integrity)

Don't press Ctrl W!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-07 16:33   
Too easily abused

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-07 16:39   
Quote:

On 2005-05-07 16:33, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Too easily abused

How would it be to easily abused? You think a fleet will intentionally only log one player in so he gets the maximum bonus possible? So what if he gets 50% stronger shields, his firepower wouldn't increase, his hull woudln't increase, and 4 or 5 enemyships will still have Just that many mor eguns than 1 person would.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-07 17:32   
Why Hello spawn of Vore & Apollo...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-07 18:08   
No

Email Tael
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-07 18:19   
Tael has spoken.

Email Bobamelius
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-07 18:24   
i like ur idea... that is a very good point.. maybe not Exactly how u would balance it but somewere on that lines.. u would understand if u were against 13 kluuth and there was only 5 of you.. so i can see were he is coming from

Namra
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-07 19:13   
This is where the word 'Teamwork' comes to mind...

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-07 19:41   
how can teamwork be used when it 3 vs 20? and i really like the explanation teal.

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-07 22:17   
Once again the ideas of the non-group has been shot down.

Typical.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-07 22:53   
Quote:

On 2005-05-07 22:17, NiTrOn wrote:
Once again the ideas of the non-group has been shot down.

Typical.

How is that an idea that would promote "non groups"?

Don't press Ctrl W!

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-07 23:18   
Armor/shields and stuff are getting a huge boost in HP in the next patch (if not already [or not supposed to?], I've been out of it for a while), people might be inclined to try getting onto a faction by themselves just so they could be a one-man army.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-07 23:28   
Scenarios already support this system, 8 or more players the pres gain is 100%, less than 8, you get only a fraction of the pres gain.

The MV use to be the same way, we've since changed it to have 100% gain at all times to give it more appeal.

In war the enemy probes lines to scout for weakness to exploit. If the opponent only has a token vanguard force in the area, they risk loosing ground and then must expend substantial resources to retake the ground lost.

Marauders also routinely sent behind enemy lines to cause disruption. These forces are typically small and have little chance in a one on one fight and are thusly relegated to disruption and harrassment.

Military leaders also often throw token forces infront of an assualting force in an effort to delay or slow the enemys advance, knowing full well those forces are forfeit.

If you dont have the forces to take down the enemy, then you can retreat and hopefully regroup and press a counter offensive when your faction can mount a sizable force.

I've tested and seen AI's using PD to shoot down troop pods to avoid being boarded or to save a planet. If the AI can think of this tactic without additional programming or rules by us, then surely a few players can figure it out...

There are tons of other tactics available which I wont give out, but mayhaps some of the vets will be willing to share. I've seen a lone ICC ship hold a system against a K'luth invasion force of 6 ships. If he can do it, so can someone else...

Tactics, not Nerf-tics...

Email Tael
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-08 12:50   
And who said democracy was dead.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-08 20:18   
not really hard to do with pulse wave, not all factions hace that m8......oh i know lest nerf it cuse if capping shoudlnt be able to be done by lone ship, why should defending be?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023263 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR