No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » major issue with K'Luth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author major issue with K'Luth
Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 21:13   
K'luth ships have a major flaw... they purpose of cloak is to escape or atleast subdue fire... as a result k'luth ships cannot fire while cloaked... here's the issue... k'luth ships are visible when they have structural damage to the point their "smoking" even when cloaked

this means a luth ship cannot jump, cannot shoot, cannot run after heavy battle unless they jump prior to heavy structural damage or far enough they can't be followed

or ... jump and remain uncloaked since they can't hide anyway, until they stop smoking so they can atleast try to defend themseelves like the other factions... eitherway i think this needs discussed

they cloak to fire/jump delay coupled with visible after structural damage while cloaked is a serious handi-cap to the alien race imho.

please consider ways to lessen the blow
thank you

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 21:19   
Teaches people they cant duke anymore.
Its how its meant to be.

You are meant to attack, do one or two alpha's, recloak and reposition for another attack, giving your armour time to repair, aswell as any hull. Kluth ships are FAR to weak to be taking on their human counter part because their armour is far superior in terms of defence.

The first strike error needs to be corrected though. It should of been fixed as far as im aware, Tael said it would be fixed in the next update quiet a while back.

Might also be an idea to mute their ambient drive sound to enemys, as its all to easy to locate them using a good 5.1 setup.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2005-06-25 22:20 ]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-25 21:46   
This is a hard question because I have yet to see higher level Assult dissruptors (aka Dissruptor Assult ) on the kluth.. so Im sure that when the kluth start packing a bigger punch they wont seem so weak.

My vote is to see the lvl system in place to take stock in what the full effect will be of the kluth and there systems.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 21:51   
Its not a real big problem, bear in mind Tael/F/Mith now have the resourcer in full flow, changes can be made in release if something is drasticly unfair.

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 22:14   
Please don't shoot down peoples ideas. You don't need to be the first to reply in every thread that someone suggests something.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-25 22:15   
I didnt shoot down any idea's if you read my reply properly.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 05:07   
Quote:

On 2005-06-25 21:19, BackSlash wrote:
Teaches people they cant duke anymore.
Its how its meant to be.

You are meant to attack, do one or two alpha's, recloak and reposition for another attack, giving your armour time to repair, aswell as any hull. Kluth ships are FAR to weak to be taking on their human counter part because their armour is far superior in terms of defence.

Well, BS gets his wish. Anyone suprised?

WOO HOO We get to do an alpha or two then run like hell. I love the sound of that. Just sounds like....wasted time and money.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 05:09   
Backslash is usually quick on the post, but its not a bad thing.

he IS however right in this case. the luthies are meant to uncloak, en mass, cause everyone to dump in thier pants, shoot cloak reform thier formation and strike again when they want.

If the luthies were able to slug it out, one on one, they wouldnt be luthies. theyd just be 'another faction'. its Good that the luthies cant go toe to toe with the humans. its adds a bit of spice to the game.

so i take it that the luthies are cloaked, yet they are visible because they spill out the gasious white plumes? well thats fine, humans are visible with white plumes as well. well duh humans cant cloak. what about heavy ECM support? those white plumes are still big "Look at my hurt ass" signs.

plus think about it from a 'star trekkie' point of view. (i use them because they nitpick like no ones buisness.) the trekkie point of view is as fallows: the cloaking device can cloak a ship, but whatever flys beyond the ship isnt cloaked. as in the even of a catastrophic hull breach.

anyways hungry.

Email Meko
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2005-06-26 05:52   
uhm ... whats exactly problem ? Kluth was always visible with gas leak ...

so far i remember since Kluth was implemented into game ...

and yea, i remember even times when was no kluth in DS , so plz don't try argue over that with me )

so i find it perfectly fine especially with all these high level kluth weapons on horizont ...

i'm sure noone want to alive again scenario when my kluth destroyer was able ERASE UGTO EAD in less than 20 seconds ...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-26 06:52   
Quote:

On 2005-06-26 05:52, Dwarden wrote:
i'm sure noone want to alive again scenario when my kluth destroyer was able ERASE UGTO EAD in less than 20 seconds ...

Cmon tho Dwarden, that was like...2 years ago

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 08:47   
the difference is this;

How to cloak EN MASS when there AREN"T any Kluth anymore.
Kluth have VERY SELDOM in my year and a half on this game had more than a handfull of players. I am not counting the faction hoppers that just float from winner to winner.

But nowbody wants a VIABLE Kluth faction anyways, so really there is no point argueing about it now.

For all the crying over our bombers, they fit in with the Kluth scheme of hit and run perfectly. But not anymore.

For all the crying over Kluth dessies, they were the best ships we had. ABLE TO HIT AND RUN, but not anymore.

At least with the way things are, we WILL be able to observe battles between the ICC and UGTO, and maybe, in rare cases, we will be able to kill an injured straggler. But really, with our heavy dependance on beams, and extremely low energy reserves to use them, we better have 5 or 6 ships to attack every target. otherwise it will be more like tickle torture than anything remotely intimidating.

I can see it now. We pop in to attack with 5 vessels. And one by one we watch the server announce our destruction. Then the EAD we were attacking happily goes to the nearest planet to repair the mininal armor damage we did, chuckling at how stupid we are for actually trying to go offensive.

Yep. Can't wait for that release.

Since all this nerfing and handicapping is due to the cloak anyways, JUST TAKE IT AWAY. Give it to Mir. And give Kluth something they can FIGHT WITH.

What would absolutely SHOCK me is if anyone actually listened to what the Kluth are saying about this nerfing proir to the beta release and actually examine it more closely.

But alas, BS's word is always the last, isn't it?

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2005-06-26 08:51 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 09:10   
Mandible is actually quite a nasty dread-killer.

Ill agree though, Beams in general are simply too weak (And so are missiles). 10-sec decloak time is also far too long, it should be long enough for the ICC/UGTO player to realize hes about to be raped and give him enough time to respond accordingly, not enough time for same ICC/UGTO to rape the luth ship before it strikes.

My personal opinion, of course.

[ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2005-06-26 09:12 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-26 09:13   
AC has 3 bomb racks. Gang also with 3. But the Clavate, supposedly our stock bomber, carries two? I can see that the carrier will still be the bomber of choice.

And would somebody PLEASE take the time to change the fact that Kluth ships spawn with ECCM? I mean, even a tractor beam is more fricken useful to Kluth than ECCM.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 09:25   
Id also like to change Ganglia's 3 bomb racks.... None of the command ships should have bomb racks. Including the CC and CD.

But yeah, if thats all the kluth have for bombers, give them more bomb racks on Clevate.

Goto the website of Novacat
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-26 09:50   
" ( k'luth ships are visible when they have structural damage to the point their "smoking" even when cloaked ) "

------------
It makes sense that cloak can, well, cloak the organic ship it self, that is what the device is made for. But, realistically when you are smoking and have fire the cloak cant cloak that because its a device to cloak the ship, not misc. things pouring out of it. You cant see the ship, you can only see the fire and smoke. All the enimy has to do is jump towards it, CTRL+click in the direction your moving, or sitting, and fire away.

My advice if your going kluth, is when your smoking, keep at a fast pace until the auto reload heals it. And pray that a ship with ECCM doesnt hunt you down.

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2005-06-26 09:51 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030054 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR