No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Well so long Metaverse
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Well so long Metaverse
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 08:51   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 05:00, [VA]Divine~Wind -(Rogue)- {Recruiting} wrote:

Anyways, ugto have the teamwork and can fight against kluth more easily than ICC.. every faction has good and bad

had to bring this up

UGTO can "fight" kluth more easily, because during any fight ugto will use beacons on kluth, taking away that last advantage.

and same with bombing, luth is easier as icc def will shoot down any unprotected bombs/bombers where luth def will only shoot down some before having to recharge for a long time

take away beacons and ugto can't fight luth properly, i know as have been flying as ugto, if the ugto fleet didn't have beacons we just decided to go somewhere else going "bah this is useless, can't fight what you don't see, let's find some icc"

and the teamwork was all about ammount of players

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 09:17   
Three words describe this post

WOW WHATA RANT!

Look everyone nothing has changes in the last few months except the targets. It goes from UGTO>Kluth = No Kluth planets, then ICC+Kluth>UGTO = No UGTO planets, then UGTO+ICC>Kluth = No Kluth planets, Then UGTO>ICC = No ICC planets.

look its the nature of the game and the people who play it, some will stick it out till they are the last few in their faction. Others migrate from faction to faction as the power of each faction waxs or wans and some sit on the sidelines and wait for change.

Ia repeat nothing has changed, it has been like that since 1480, each time there was a change, or one side got to strong there was a mass movement of players from one faction to another. BIG DEAL! the biggest part of the people on UGTO will stay UGTO, I mean the die hard GTN, CEC, VCA, UNSC all the hardcore Uggie fleets. The rest who switch are mostly players trying to keep or gain some pres in a lousy version of the game right now.

Yes there are a few true abusers out there, we all know who they are.

Dont flame others because of a few.
Dont flame people who play the way they enjoy it. (you have the option to)
Dont take anything personal in the game remember its a game not real life.

Do enjoy yourself
Do play the game as u see fit,(within ROC) its your nickel spend how u want.

End note, if you have never subbed, never plan on subing dont rant to much, you havent paid your dues yet.

Email HaVoX
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-29 09:35   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 01:55, Lysol wrote:
When the damn population is 100% UTGO and We are camped by them 24/7 using core weapons to kill off our frigs and transports...I really hate every single UTGO...as far as i am concerned, anyone who flies Uggie I will automatically think they are using bugged ships. bombwhoreing, or camping.

Ah. i see you have a subscription to Sweeping Generalizations Monthly too. hey, did you see the thing in the February issue, had a column on why all superheros wear tights. Under No Cirumstances is also a pretty good read.

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-29 10:34   
[quote]
On 2006-03-29 08:51, warner_lowcharge wrote:
Quote:

take away beacons and ugto can't fight luth properly, i know as have been flying as ugto, if the ugto fleet didn't have beacons we just decided to go somewhere else going "bah this is useless, can't fight what you don't see, let's find some icc"

hmmmm, there is a matter of pinging to find cloaked kluth which people abuse and is extremely cheap. How bout....there are no more kluth or kluth planets left...so I guess that means more of a challenge for UGTO and fight icc....I will be sitting in a siphon somewhere in mv picking off little bomber whores from time to time.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Rattle$nAkeGold
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 11:39   
Lysol,

I understand and you have my respect. Kluth is Truth !

Email Rattle$nAkeGold   Goto the website of Rattle$nAkeGold
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 12:02   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 08:36, Supertrooper wrote:
My opinion on this is don't give up on the MV just because you're outnumbered. Take me for instance.... I might be playing UGTO right now but that's just because their ships suit my play style better this patch.

(No insult, never mind)
"For me the ships with the best guns and best armor fit best, since I want to kill as many enemies as possible without being killed ones"

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-03-29 12:05   
Quote:

When the damn population is 100% UTGO and We are camped by them 24/7 using core weapons to kill off our frigs and transports... whats the point...

I really hate every single UTGO...as far as i am concerned, anyone who flies Uggie I will automatically think they are using bugged ships. bombwhoreing, or camping. You get no respect from me. There is a difference between taking the systems and griefing the players. So no more.

[ This Message was edited by: Lysol on 2006-03-29 01:58 ]

Dear Lysol:

I can tell you this: it sounds really strange that you're opening up this thread now, when ICC is not having a good time, and you haven't opened it up two weeks ago when ICC was doing great, and UGTO wasn't at all.

VERY STRANGE. Makes me think that yours is just a complaint about the conjunctural situation, and not about basic differences in DS factions.

Although this is always a virtual "war" it makes me laugh thinking about an improbable comparison with great battle leaders of the past: COuld you honestly imagine Napoleon sobbing over the last battle, and complaining about the fact that the British had better rifles? I don't think so, he'd be there, in his tent trying to reorganise his forces better and find better solutions to win the next battle.

My suggestion is the following: When two weeks ago the UGTO was not having a good time, I was not here opening up threads, I was in the metaverse trying my best to repell ICC invasion in alpha centauri.

Keep working harder, create new fleets, fight better, and you'll do good: This is what sportmanship is all about, I suggest you follow these simple rules.

[ This Message was edited by: musiqsoulman on 2006-03-29 12:08 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-29 12:19   
An interesting thread this...

Well for one, the UGTO attitudes here in this thread don't exactly make your stance any better. Justifying the action of preventing the recapture and general prevention of rebuilding by saying "You dont work together." doesn't cut it.

For one, when I was UGTO, UGTO didn't capture every last planet and then sit there and kill the enemy while they try to rebuild in my book that is griefing. And I can see why a faction would not want to play because of that.

For the most part when im in the MV, I see that UGTO do, infact, have more numbers, I also see infact that you guys rarely, if ever, show any teamwork. =D. I would have to side with the fact that having sheer numbers makes the UGTO much stronger.

In a related truth, UGTO ships have an advantage in numbers, that much is certain. Their ships have few bugs and mostly everything works out right, in comparison to Kluth that has alot of issues and the ICC, which has its fair share of bugs too (that give us an advantage, however).

However, this whole thread is pretty much "You guys are lame." vs. "We're just better than you." and frankly, it makes it seem pretty laughable. In truth, don't camp enemys that are trying to rebuild when you've already won, its just well...unsportsmanlike. And such. This is a game, people like to have fun don't ruin it for a bunch of easy kills.

-Ent

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-03-29 14:01   
yall have made several good and bad agruements. but you know nothing is gonna change, if say have of the ugto player base goes to kluth. then the kluth fraction would be the hated one, and and the same for the icc. personaly just stick it out and enjoy what you can of the game.

Email Borgie
Lysol
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-29 14:25   
No my beef was the unsportsman like griefing. All these points from the vets and other UTGO players saying stuff about napolean or "we are just better than your ships"

The hell are you talking about....thats the attitudes thats screwing things up. This is a game....Dont grief another side and kick them while they are down. And sweeping generalisations....you bet....unsportsman like conduct is just as bad as using bugged ships or revolt bombing, or allegences for ship damage farming. And it makes the other players in the faction look bad.

And its not that we dont fight, we do and you complain the kluth can only field frigates! I wonder why!.....stuck up attitudes....

As a personal preferance if ICC or UTGO were completely MIRVed or capped. I would let them restart in thier home systems.....and not trying to score easy kills on the basic ships.

Just saying know when you win and leave it at that...and know when you take a loss....do not grind your heels into people and grief them. All that will do is push players from the game.

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-29 14:30   
I find it pretty funny seeing noobs in sirius trying to cap planets....racked up 7 kills last night just sitting there=)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-29 14:47   
-Sigh-

All i've heard out of this, is that UGTO have more numbers ( Which, They do), UGTO Have far more team work [/sarcasm]. UGTO's form of Teamwork seems to be J and Space Bar on one target, long enough for a Dictor to come by..If you want to see teamwork, I can show you team work... If Pete, Enterprise, Coeus, Bito, Lark, Duo, and Me get on as ICC for just one hour, we would most likley be the most co-ordinated fleet this patch..Why? We've worked together before, We're good friends, this is something maybe two active UGTO have. K'luth have the amazing ammount of teamwork this version, if you'd have spent just a few days with the core K'luth, you'd have seen it.. By Far, UGTO are just a bunch of people that hit J, and mash the space bar. ( Well, Doran,Drafell, and Feral know what their doing..)

Peace, Nubs.
- Crimson

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-29 16:05   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 09:17, HaVoX (afk, writing, read the story!) wrote:
Three words describe this post

WOW WHATA RANT!

Look everyone nothing has changes in the last few months except the targets. It goes from UGTO>Kluth = No Kluth planets, then ICC+Kluth>UGTO = No UGTO planets, then UGTO+ICC>Kluth = No Kluth planets, Then UGTO>ICC = No ICC planets.

look its the nature of the game and the people who play it, some will stick it out till they are the last few in their faction. Others migrate from faction to faction as the power of each faction waxs or wans and some sit on the sidelines and wait for change.

Ia repeat nothing has changed, it has been like that since 1480, each time there was a change, or one side got to strong there was a mass movement of players from one faction to another. BIG DEAL! the biggest part of the people on UGTO will stay UGTO, I mean the die hard GTN, CEC, VCA, UNSC all the hardcore Uggie fleets. The rest who switch are mostly players trying to keep or gain some pres in a lousy version of the game right now.

Yes there are a few true abusers out there, we all know who they are.

Dont flame others because of a few.
Dont flame people who play the way they enjoy it. (you have the option to)
Dont take anything personal in the game remember its a game not real life.

Do enjoy yourself
Do play the game as u see fit,(within ROC) its your nickel spend how u want.

End note, if you have never subbed, never plan on subing dont rant to much, you havent paid your dues yet.

It IS a big deal that the most powerful faction has the most players right now, because the most players is easily 2/3 and probably more like 9/10 of the playerbase all on UGTO - averaging 20-30 people in the MV a night because the crappiness of tactics & mechanics in this version have driven EVERYONE away.

It is, literally, a waste of time.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
MainDarkmaster*P3*
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 20:54   
Quote:

When the damn population is 100% UTGO and We are camped by them 24/7 using core weapons to kill off our frigs and transports... whats the point...

I really hate every single UTGO...as far as i am concerned, anyone who flies Uggie I will automatically think they are using bugged ships. bombwhoreing, or camping. You get no respect from me. There is a difference between taking the systems and griefing the players. So no more.

[ This Message was edited by: Lysol on 2006-03-29 01:58 ]

Dont blame the true ugto players like me obiwan nim and countless others.
All new players use bugged ships because they dont know better they dont listen to us, they only care about having the most fun they can off of others expense.
So on my behalf dont judge to quickly some of us still use tc and bc, and of course bds.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-29 21:53   
Fighting is part of the game, however, suppressing one or more factions for extended time periods is detrimental to the game as a whole.

We do not plan to reset the MV at this time; and, I can see that the K'luth currently have a few planets. However, the admin team always reserves to adjust game conditions any time a faction has been held to zero planets for a 24 hour time period.

Generally, it is our preference for the players (especially including whichever faction is 'winning' currently) to work to avoid that by allowing at least a limited reclamation of some planets. This does not preclude or disallow one faction from taking it all - only from keeping another faction completely bottled up for long periods of time.

Nax

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026425 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR