No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Well so long Metaverse
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Well so long Metaverse
FAdm. Tim Webbers *S1*
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-29 22:10   
Here's what I've gathered out of this post so far.

"UGTO sux, they outnumber us, and even though we work together, they've got sheer numbers"

"No, you suck, you use bugged ships and yadda yadda yadda"

Oh would you give it a rest? I wonder how many people are going to stop and think about this? At the very least, all you're going to do is make it worse! I mean, this is on the verge of a flame war. We've seen this type of post before, and it's gotten everyone nowhere.

Sorry, but until the new patch, I see this post doing NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZERO. It was a waste of my time, and most likely yours.

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-29 23:16   
Ok i got half way through this and now im posting cause im sick fed up with the State of this game and Ths post...

Ok this post started out to try and give the point that UGTO Has now wreaked this game for Every other player that dose not want to go Play UGTO.
You use the excuse that newbies like the ships... TRUE
UGTO can kill Kluth easly....TRUE
UGTO can take advantage to most of the bugs in the game... TRUE

and there is more but you look at it like this from UGTOs side... When i played UGTO and pulled FS to UGTO I was sickened and appauled by the way UGTO played and treated everyone else. Yes the ships are uber strong in many ways... but like all factions some are weak.

Now lets lok from outside of the UGTO faction... What dose ICC Think well lets see. 5 of us on and a bomber in TAU lets get them... Enter system and that Bomber turned in to 10 combat 3 dictors 2 support stations and why not a battle station and 4 of those ubber supplys. YUP GREAT!!!!

Now lets look at K'luth... hum well we have 6 players on and theres a BD and a TC in Green lets get them... Oh nice a UGTO dictor comes out to play ok but wait theres a WH... 5 dreads 6 cursers and well what do you know 2 stations and 3 supplys and 4 scouts... Yes that could be fun in a way but wait The first curser we come to is carrying 3 beacons aswell as the dictor is ECCM pinning... ok well we try a dread... hum within seconds 10 beacons on me and a second dictor shows up... oh whats that a K'luth planet with no defences was just mirved buy a UGTO bomber curser or was it the command dread??? dont know cause All Luth loged off

in short yes if you play UGTO the game is great for you.. What in the past 3 months the only ppl that have ben permoted is UGTO.. Ofcourse. Let me also see the only ppl that complane are not UGTO...

Now for all the old VETS of UGTo that still play, theres not alot of you but you know what the game was and should be like... And all you Noobs You have no idea what this game is like... You have only sen one side of theis game and have never once seen the glory that DARKSPACE was and is ment to be.

So in Short of the long UGTO is 90% of the player base and it dose not mean you have good team work "10 ships on 1 WILL win" <_thats not team work"
You cant even go play a good game in admiral server anymore with out a UGTO player just there to bomb.

In the most part of this game UGTO has outnumbered each faction but it was balanced... I know how great K'Luth and ICC work together and there teamwork... but there is not much when a 90% palyer base of Noobies that are rude. curle, and unsportman like and dont care about have a good fun game for all then Yes everyone will leave the Greatest game That the internet has ever came up with!!!

Ill give a little challenge to anyone that thinks im wrong about this... Take a month and Fly another faction see what is is like.

Theres my 135 cents

Fatal Ants
Black Beard

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 23:25   
oh so working together to get 1 freaking planet with level 15 Kluth dbases is NOT teamwork? yer full of it dude, i've sat in a bunch of UGTO raids on systems and well, its sad to say BUT WE DO HAVE TEAMWORK THE ICC GO OFF AND SOLO BOMB, AND YOU THINK WE'RE GONNA SIT BY AND WATCH YOU LEVEL A SYSTEM SINGLE HANDEDLY you're sadly mistaken! SAME GOES TOO KLUTH, i caught a bomber and a supply beaconed them both, got the supply but the dread (brood) got away. and im on Teamspeak most of the time and my orders are simple, patrol, Report and Shift+H and what do you know? 8 UGTO are in the system backin me up gawd, if thats not teamwork i dont know what is...also i might add that i have asked for help on several occasions and what do you do? you freaking planet hug the damn planet until they either jump in and QST you too death OR bomb the damn thing, and show up with scouts to drive you off. now, some of you call me a faction hopper, some of you call me a prestige whore, but i disagree im here to make prestige make friends and certainly have a relationship with the playerbase and i've already lost 2 of my closest buddies because the UGTO wants me more than the ICC does and quite frankly you all on ICC use me as cannon fodder/bait to drive them too me and i hate that. thats one of the reasons i left ICC and KLUTH because they all treated me like im some second rate newbie player that cant fight, well, if this was my first time on DS i'd agree but its not its my second time on DS, as they let me back. IM so sick and tired of the whining and complainin.

thats my 260 Cents

Email GothThug {C?}
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-29 23:42   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 23:25, Evil GothThug wrote:
oh so working together to get 1 freaking planet with level 15 Kluth dbases is NOT teamwork? yer full of it dude, i've sat in a bunch of UGTO raids on systems and well, its sad to say BUT WE DO HAVE TEAMWORK THE ICC GO OFF AND SOLO BOMB, AND YOU THINK WE'RE GONNA SIT BY AND WATCH YOU LEVEL A SYSTEM SINGLE HANDEDLY you're sadly mistaken! SAME GOES TOO KLUTH, i caught a bomber and a supply beaconed them both, got the supply but the dread (brood) got away. and im on Teamspeak most of the time and my orders are simple, patrol, Report and Shift+H and what do you know? 8 UGTO are in the system backin me up gawd, if thats not teamwork i dont know what is...also i might add that i have asked for help on several occasions and what do you do? you freaking planet hug the damn planet until they either jump in and QST you too death OR bomb the damn thing, and show up with scouts to drive you off. now, some of you call me a faction hopper, some of you call me a prestige whore, but i disagree im here to make prestige make friends and certainly have a relationship with the playerbase and i've already lost 2 of my closest buddies because the UGTO wants me more than the ICC does and quite frankly you all on ICC use me as cannon fodder/bait to drive them too me and i hate that. thats one of the reasons i left ICC and KLUTH because they all treated me like im some second rate newbie player that cant fight, well, if this was my first time on DS i'd agree but its not its my second time on DS, as they let me back. IM so sick and tired of the whining and complainin.

thats my 260 Cents

Oh yes comming from the GothThug... Means zip... you can now say that when you know you will always have 10+ UGTO there to support you... How so much changes when you stwich factions...

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-29 23:51   
It means alot when you're alone, in the MV and the ICC systems are being taken and i see NO FS, ESF, RAVEN, OR ANY OTHER icc clan on. im sorry but thats just freakin overkill. im sorry ants, but i cant on good concience come back to ICC, im staying UGTO

Email GothThug {C?}
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 00:12   
Perhaps a change in the way things go is in order. DarkSpace is its playerbase, don't forget. There are many ways to solve the current issue people seem to be having. But I wonder whether it's the gameplay or these threads that harm the community more.

Some people seem to have forgotten that there is no UGTO, ICC or K'luth. You're all people playing the same game. If you have a point to get across there are many more effective and less damaging ways to do it.

Malorn
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 01:10   
Look guys, I don't even play anymore except in Beta, and I haven't since a week after the 1.483 patch arrived. Basically because, it wasn't fun anymore. The balance died the day that patch came into effect. And yes, as has been pointed out, it isn't always UGTO that's too powerful. But *somebody* is always too powerful, and we lose players every time that happens.

Right now, I've noticed a trend in this thread. I have yet to see one non-UGTO player defend UGTO tactics or 'teamwork'. To be fair, I *have* seen some UGTO players angry about what their faction is doing. Basically, I'm not playing MV at all, so I am logically looking at the trends I see. And the trend says that UGTO is owning everyone, and not because of skill, but numbers and ship power.

Yes UGTO ships are easier for newbies, they always have been. I honestly don't know if you can fight UGTO ships with the other two factions. I haven't been playing, so I don't know. But I do know, that if you outnumber everybody by 3-1 and you have most of the planets, then it would be damn hard to lose, even if the enemy *could* fight you.

And as the dimbulbs that are saying it's bad teamwork because ICC or Kluth are solo bombing, has it occurred to you guys that you can't even have teamwork without a team? When there are 3 or 4 people on then it's hard to work together. Mainly because there is too much to do, in too many places.

Oh the Napoleon comment, I completely agree with. Why if I could design my own ships, or even control how they are designed at all, I would never give up. Also I would shortly drive every other faction before me in blood and fire. But, for those of you haven't thought this out (Not that I blame you, thinking can be *so* hard sometimes.) I can't design my own ships, or even effect how they are designed. Thus I am left with the weapons fate, or the devs, gave me.

And as to those UGTO claiming that ICC or Kluth is just as powerful, but has less skillful players. That is BS, If anything the large number of newbies that join and play on UGTO would lower *their* aver level of skill. Where as the evolutionary environment of Kluth or ICC would increase skills even faster, which added to the lack of newbies, would mean that if you see an ICC or Kluth player, then they have good odds of being very skilled. (Well maybe not if you *see* Kluth. ) People learn more when they're losing then when they're winning. Especially if they are outnumbered.

Thus, if the UGTO fails to completely empty ICC and Kluth factions, then they are gonna get their tails when it's rebalanced. An oppressed population is never pretty when it suddenly gets unoppressed. Of such things are atrocities made. So for those of you angry and fed up with the MV I say onto you, come to beta, and await the time when you have proper ships to match your skill.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-30 01:30   
Beta is where the cool people are! Test a ship maybe see a Mi...

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 01:43   
It happens deal with it...the other two factions have b4.

Lysol
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-30 03:21   
Quote:

On 2006-03-30 01:43, JRE wrote:
It happens deal with it...the other two factions have b4.

Oh really now... ah yes....A UTGO player.

Fluffy Bunny
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 05:30   
after reading this i am not really sure what the topic is anymore, although i never seen kluth ship to be as bad and owed by ugto as some ppl say, if 1 on 1 i can usuly can give any ugto ship a fight or so like to think, and if its a lone bomber or even with a sup we can sometimes outnumber them too, but as soon as a big fleet from ugto comes to our system we dont really have a chance to repulse them unless planet hugging as some might say, saving that only planet untill we log off, but i usuly goes by the princip that if you cant stop them, you can divert there attention/pain else where, it dont always works, but sure makes me feel better, well its really only thing we can do unless we wait for more kluth to log.

Anyways without ecm pinging i dont find kluth ship half bad, and i know when they start doing that is becourse we allready beaten them

That said i wondre if playerbase been reverse that anyone would even mention ecmpinging to be more than a part of game, but as i understand it, like close orbit bombing , it was never ment to be part of the game and not to be used?

Regarding beacons, well in the new patch i noticed/heard in beta that only scuots can get those, which will make kluth well more hunter than game perhaps

Untill then ill probely adapt and use the best way to hurt enemys in current version.

Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-03-30 07:24   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 14:25, Lysol wrote:
All these points from the UTGO players saying stuff about napolean

The hell are you talking about....

Napoleon. He was a General and militar leader. That is what I was talking about, I was making a comparison. Connect your neurons.

.MeLLyMoo.
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-30 16:17   
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 23:51, Evil GothThug wrote:
It means alot when you're alone, in the MV and the ICC systems are being taken and i see NO FS, ESF, RAVEN, OR ANY OTHER icc clan on. im sorry but thats just freakin overkill. im sorry ants, but i cant on good concience come back to ICC, im staying UGTO

From an OUTSIDE perspective...

Warning: Let me remind you of three things:
1) I am someone who plays the game for FUN, who tries not to take the game PERSONALLY, and does what she can to make the game more enjoyable for EVERYONE.
2) I am stubburn as hell and when I have an opinion, I stick by it until there are facts to prove me wrong.
3) You are my friend, and I only say the following because its an observation I've made and the impression that you've portrayed for yourself. I'm not intentionally bashing you or making fun of you. This is an open minded, un-baised opinion and (Keyword:) Observation.

You know Goth, this might come across as a little harsh, but you're putting on that "Two-Faced" impression.

Two weeks ago you were all about FS and ICC. You seemed to be eager to challenge the bigger faction and show them what FS and ICC were capable of. You made suggestions that were considered and perhaps attempted (with or without you). You put on that "ICC 4TW" attitude and persona. You were against UGTO.

Last week, you left FS and ICC, convincing us it was a "temporary" matter and assuring us that you will return. Then you joined Fleet: UNSC instantly. I noticed this when my lobby camping was in session. It took two glances to realize that you left us for UGTO, the faction which you were so heavily against. I asked why and your response was for trial purposes. You attempted to justify why you left and suggested I read the forums. I did just that. I replied to you with my opinion and reminded you that its not wrong to try out different factions. I admited to doing it as well.

Now, I can't help but notice that your opinions have changed. You left UNSC and joined VCA for whatever reasons. A few days ago, I read something in friends chat that just blew me away. (Correct me if Im wrong, for the wording is not exact) "BOMB KLUTH, LEVEL THEM! REMOVE KLUTH FROM THE MAP. THEY ARE THE EASIEST TARGETS". Another thing that you had said was along the lines of "ICC sheilds are too strong and that is unbalanced." I replied to you with a "wth" remark. And you justified saying that with "DragonSlayer has brainwashed me..."

I quoted what you said (above) because that right there proves to me, and perhaps many others, that you want to be a part of the bigger faction. The faction you KNOW has enough players to sustain. The faction you KNOW will always win even if it means leveling another factions systems. (You didn't seem to have a problem with it, until it was brought to attention by many other players). The faction you KNOW will easily outnumber every other faction. The faction you KNOW has greater advantages in some cases.

You leaving ICC for the greater faction, proves to me that you are afraid to fight and defend alone or in a small group. You won't play if there isnt anyone on. You prefer the bigger faction, the faction that has more people. The reason why when you put out a distress order and 8 UGTO come roaring to you is because there is either a) nothing to do but bomb, or b) no one to fight (or maybe there is) and they think they will get prestige even though it will most likely be 9 vs 1 (or 4 if granted).

I'm sorry if I seem against you personally, I'm not. I certainly did not intend to offend or hurt you either. You're completely entitled to your opinions and preferences. It would just be easier if you stuck to one and refrained from consistantly changing your mind to what people from different factions think. Either you Agree, or you Disagree.

-----

ICC has its good days too as does Kluth. Lately, it appears that no one really wants to play due to the fact that the factions player base are completely and obviously unbalanced. I don't think many people are as concerned about the ships being unbalanced as they are about the factions being outnumbered. I only left FS temporarily to help out Kluth. ICC seems to be capable of withholding their territory quite strongly. K'luth on the other hand is oviously an easy target. Why not help?

Generally speaking most people like combat and want a battle to remember. You want more people in the MV to fight? Balance off the factions, play the game fairly, with honor and sportsmanship. More people will want to play with you and against you. (Switching fleets over to another faction willingly is not a bad idea *wink*)

Have dignity, fight for what you believe in and always challenge yourself.

$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 16:20   
Goth for as long as i have known him has faction hopped and gone back on his word many a times as well has lead others to believe in something, and then completely does the opposite, well put melly, i agree with ur prognosis 100%, further more i would like to add hes still a great friend, and has come a long way.

-SJ

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-30 16:32   
Thank you melly for summing it up with more clarity, calmness, detail, and insight than I could.

I find myself agreeing with the concept of spending the rest of this patch in Beta.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025413 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR