Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Torps need boosting?
 Author Torps need boosting?
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-06 09:47   
Well I was bored and decided to test out the difference between damage dealt by torps and missles. I tested this with Dreadnaughts firing torps/missles at gaifens. (yes i know poor gaifens )

Results:
AR missles 3% damage
IT missles 7% damage
F torps 5% damage
P torps 8% damage
AM torps 10% damage

Now from my results it seems to me that torp damage should still be increased. Because in comparison of P torps to ITs they prettymuch deal similar amounts of damage. And considering a missle ship would have much more missles in comparison to torps on a torp ship. A missle ship with ITs probably could easily kill a torp ship fighting around 200-500 gu (or just within torp range).

Thus I think torp damage should be slightly increased further, maybe a 25% boost of torp damage.

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-08-06 11:49   
Quote:

On 2006-08-06 09:47, doda *P2* wrote:
Well I was bored and decided to test out the difference between damage dealt by torps and missles. I tested this with Dreadnaughts firing torps/missles at gaifens. (yes i know poor gaifens )

Results:
AR missles 3% damage
IT missles 7% damage
F torps 5% damage
P torps 8% damage
AM torps 10% damage

Now from my results it seems to me that torp damage should still be increased. Because in comparison of P torps to ITs they prettymuch deal similar amounts of damage. And considering a missle ship would have much more missles in comparison to torps on a torp ship. A missle ship with ITs probably could easily kill a torp ship fighting around 200-500 gu (or just within torp range).

Thus I think torp damage should be slightly increased further, maybe a 25% boost of torp damage.

No.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-08-06 12:27   
Missiles do more damage, but you can PD them. Torps you can't PD, but they have more ammo. It all balances out.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2006-08-06 12:27 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-08-06 13:46   
try comparing torpedos and PCM's, PCM should do same as p-torp

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-08-06 16:22   
Not to mention IT damage seems out of wack sometimes (might be a bug, or it could be that it was going out of wack when the netcode was still being updated).

If the IT damage is still out of wack with the dreads when we resume testing (and the new netcode is fixed), then its obvious the IT's need a bit of tweaking, but so far, I don't see any problems with torps.

And I wouldn't use the upgrade paths on ships, they're bugged. You have to swap sides to test the different torps.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-06 23:27   
You shouldn't be able to kick the crap outa someone with 6-7 vollies...you need to have some skill involved with combat.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-08-23 12:17   
Quote:

On 2006-08-06 23:27, _x$witchBladex_ {1.480} wrote:
You shouldn't be able to kick the crap outa someone with 6-7 vollies...you need to have some skill involved with combat.

~Switch

Im confused, do you mean like Skill with Tactics/team work or Skill like Achilles Vs. Hector in Troy? or we talking both?

And if we really wana get down to it Superweapons are a bit too super with a top rank heavy game. Dont get me wrong.. Im all for superweapons but the Superness dissapears quickly when 5 stations are bombarding your position (planet) and the dmage is still killing you behind the medium sized planet.

But I will say that if this game ever does wish to make it to the Next Level of Skill.. and reach a DBZ kind of training.. my kung fu is better than your kung fu.. kind of thing.. People Should have the Ability to stop incoming torp volleys...

-Brian

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-08-23 13:49   
Quote:

But I will say that if this game ever does wish to make it to the Next Level of Skill.. and reach a DBZ kind of training.. my kung fu is better than your kung fu.. kind of thing.. People Should have the Ability to stop incoming torp volleys...

It is called the arrow keys...

Goto the website of Drafell
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-08-24 06:28   
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 13:49, Drafell wrote:

It is called the arrow keys...

Oh? really?

Cus, last time I looked that just turned your ship Left and right..

seriously, if you want to say my suggestion/ speculation is dumb just do so. I would honstly rather hear your reasons on that than a coy jab at my skills.

Not to mention, Im sure that the 5 people that normally post bi-weekly on this beta site are only here cus they are waiting for there next skill to complete itself over at EvE.

As for me, no I dont have an EvE account, for some reason I stupidly stay here. Post the occasional suggestion, and try to help as many people as I can.

but as you can see Most of the people who were FA's before we started are gone now.

Do you think we are on a path to get them back? Because I dont see any "Arrow keys" showing people the way here..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-08-24 19:12   
Torps don't track... You know you can just turn and avoid them even easier than you could before?

Page created in 0.016682 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR