No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Hugely Disappointed
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Hugely Disappointed
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 01:30   
Um well, despite major attempts too get darkspace working again um, My computer crashed and i had too Reinstall everything, i had to reformate my hard drive, and i had to scan for viruses before i did this and this is what i found

1. 64 Trojans

2. 56 Keyloggers

3. 17,000 Intruder attempts

i dont know what disappoints me more, that i had to run away from yahoo Hacker Predators or that i ran into a new breed in darkspace -.- either way, 3 people in darkspace have threatened to freaking hack me and i dont like it!

i want whoever is good at computers to stay away from me....i dont like the idea of a hacker being in DS -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 01:58   
Ever heard of high-tech anti.hacking software like...

Firewalls

and

Anti-virus software?

Decent ones that is....

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 02:14   
yes but all of them interfere with my gaming experience and thus i got rid of them...i figured i was safe from those damn hackers in Darkspace but stupid me....all gamers are potential hackers -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 02:23   
Err...

Yeah...you need to learn not to go online without protection.

oh wait, you just had that lesson. It's not about what game you play and that the hackers are playing the same game, it's about being on the net in general.

connected to the internet without protection=spyware/malware/hackers

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-12-14 02:56   
you probably already had the virusses and spyware, would explain the complaints about lagging that you have.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-14 05:02   
oct gothism oral problems, nov. gothism broken bones dec. gothism computer problems

whats next?

Email Borgie
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 05:04   
Quote:

On 2006-12-14 01:30, Fatal GothThug *Ens* wrote:
Um well, despite major attempts too get darkspace working again um, My computer crashed and i had too Reinstall everything, i had to reformate my hard drive, and i had to scan for viruses before i did this and this is what i found

1. 64 Trojans

2. 56 Keyloggers

i dont know what disappoints me more, that i had to run away from yahoo Hacker Predators or that i ran into a new breed in darkspace -.- either way, 3 people in darkspace have threatened to freaking hack me and i dont like it!

i want whoever is good at computers to stay away from me....i dont like the idea of a hacker being in DS -.-

My god....how did your computer even boot up to allow you to run any sort of anti-virus program? 64 trojans????!!! That should down right killi any pc. Did you screenie the page that showed you all this? I would of loved to see it. Would be a new record in my book.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-14 06:57   
If I was president, I would ban silly people from using keyboards.

Anywho's.

This is what you do after you re-install GothThug.

Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (shut up, anyone who feels like having a go because they're a Linux fanboy, go ahead, I'll shoot you down in 5 seconds). Download it, and put it on some kind of media (CD, DVD, iPod, whatever). Once that's done, re-format, DO NOT connect to the internet, and then install SP2. Reboot, and connect to the internet, Windows Firewill will do the rest:

Turn on Windows Firewall (should be on by default, but check) - it'll do the job just fine as long as you're not a moron and download things like "IM A BARBIE GIRL SONG.EXE".

AVG Free Edition - This will silently scan any nasty things that go into your memory that look intrusive, and such.

Spybot S&D - This will get rid of any Spyware you might have, as well as block future attempts by locking out known spyware places in the MFT.

If you use those three tools GT, as well as IE7 with all the security features on, you'll be fine. Just don't be an idiot and download .exe files that you have no idea about, and from people you do not trust.

It is absolutly imperitive that you get SP2 for XP if you're using XP.

And you're an even bigger idiot than I thought if you're asking people who are GOOD with computers to stay away from you. But far be it for me to give you free, sound advice that I could charge some poor sod for in real life.

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-12-14 07:00 ]

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 09:05   

Goth U must be THE most unlucky person I have ever known and I have known some really unlucky people in my time.

That being said I think but am not sure that hacking a persons computer in the US is a very serious offence which carries very heavy consequences including jail sentences.

Unless I am wrong I think there was actualy a law passed over there some time back that hackers would be treated like terrorists. Anyway having said that the next time someone threatens to hack your system you might want to let the admins on here know about it then if you are not satified with the out come of that talk to your local authorities as they might be able to put a stop to it all.

The last thing I have to say is if you use the internet without a virus app, and a firewall at the very least you are asking for trouble because very basically for a person to hack your system they don't have to be on DS and seeing you tend to leave your system online for very long periods of time it would be a very easy target without some sort of protection.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-12-14 09:12   
i like AVG. With my internet provider i got an all inclusive program wich also ran on the background just like AVG, only it was costing about 25 times as much CPU, so i figured AVG just rules:)

Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-12-14 09:32   
Quote:

1. 64 Trojans

2. 56 Keyloggers

First LOL!! ... U.u ... I hope you dont use credit card or bank account through internet, if you use I would recommend to change all password accounts, and change your credit cards.

Personally I recommend Avast antivirus
http://www.avast.com/ <- ITS FREE! (for personal use)

Kerio runs very well as Firewall.
http://www.kerio.com/

Alternative you can try Zonealarm firewall (FREE).
http://www.zonelabs.com

Remember the best way to avoid "trash programs" is the common sense.

[ This Message was edited by: Neoshinji on 2006-12-14 09:43 ]

Prometheusbum(England)
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2006-12-14 10:38   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My god....how did your computer even boot up to allow you to run any sort of anti-virus program? 64 trojans????!!! That should down right killi any pc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the highest amount of Trojans i have ever seen on one computer but still pretty bad. One of my mates had 456 viruses and his comp was still working. Don't know how lol. Anyway just thought i would help. Goth i use AVG Antivirus and Zone alarm. Both free and brilliant. Plus zone alarm makes your computer invisible to outside threats. You may have about 1 zone alarm warning in the Mv but that’s can be configured not to. If you don't mind paying for a virus checker, firewall, spyware e.t.c. try searching for system mechanic. The professional edition has all the stuff integrated. Plus it's a computer clean up and speed up program as well. Should make your computer run faster. Especially good for DS. It's a great program. I think there is a 30 day free trail of it. However u will need to get rid of the other virus programs you have so they don't clash. As this could just make it slower.

http://www.iolo.com/sm/7/pro/

Also i would like to see who else has ever encountered more than 456 viruses on one system at once lol.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-14 10:51   
it also help if u dont look at naughty sites goth, u browse the internet carefully an even without protection u shld end up with none or minmimum viruses, ive never had a single virus, and ive ran 3 different anti virus softwares and my firewalls always off.
no naughty sights for u again then aye?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 10:52   
well im so glad i did that.... last night i had lag free gaming until 3 in the morning lol

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-14 11:25   
You don't need 3rd party firewalls, Windows does it just fine as long as you're smart.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017538 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR