Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Shield: Liability?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author ICC Shield: Liability?
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-07 18:16   
I'm starting to get the feeling that ICC is faction that 's worst off in this version.
Here's why:
1.) Weapon Damge Reduction: Lost access to particle cannons, flux canon. Core weapon when from the strongest to weakest, Ion cannon also no longer do sym dmg.

The above is acceptable, following the doctrine icc is the "defensive" faction
However, the next point is not.

2.) Shield have be came the weakest from of defence. This is suppose to be ICC's strong point, a quick-recharging, flexible defence. Yet as many have noticed, the shield in this version recharges slower.
What worse is that kluth and ugto have faster methods of repairs now. Kluth dread now can carry 2 Automated Repairs, which effectively, if not by design, healed them faster than icc dreads.

Ugto is the biggest winner here however, with the poliferation of supply platforms, they can return to the battle quicker than either of two factions.
The ugto 7100 adv engi, with 2 build slots, can turn out 1 sup plat every minute. While icc can also build sup plats for armor repair, they have to wait for their shields to recharge.

The ICC shield has become a liability. Making icc both the weakest on offence, and average, if not weakest at Defence as well.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2008-10-07 19:11   
about the shields delando we use now the reactive shields since they drain less power then the actives one.
Back in 483 we could afford to use actives shields cuz we could freely mod , i mean we could install all aux power gen to compensate for the nrg loss.
and the reactive shields have more HP then active shields

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-10-07 19:19   
I will haft to agree with delando on this point. I have noticed that the sheilds on an ICC ship can only stand one to two shots before giving, and not with an option for anything but basic armor, the ICC can hardly be definded as a "Defencive" faction.

Mny people would counter this by stating that the ICC are suspost to not go into direct combat, but rather use range weapons such as missles and rail guns for stand-off combat. But there is a flaw in that any player that has played for more then two weeks knows how to point just, which makes the ICCs range wapons completely useless.
The only effective combat that i have seen so far with the ICC is using small craft that are harder to hit, thus making the hits on the sheilds less effective. Personally, i feel that sense alot of players are able to use larger ships but are penelised by the fact that sense they are big, slow, and less manuverable, and their wapons are long range only, leaves most of the ICC player base with little choice but to use the small ships.

The Good News: Most ICC Newbies will be able to go toe to toe with dreads & stations.

The Bad News: Most Of The Players That Have Worked And Payed To Play As A Large Ship, No Longer Can Do So Due To The Ineffectiveness Of Them.

I Personally Believe That The Most Un Defencive Faction The "Kluth" May Even Have More Defencive Mesures Then The Most Defencive Faction The "ICC".

I feel that if the ICC are going to have anything to do with large scale battles & combat that this sheild issue must be delt with. We Can Deal With The Inefective close range weapons, but not even having a half decent defence it too much for any type of large scale fighting to take place for most ICC players.

UNSC Spirit Of Fire.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-07 19:20   
Quote:

On 2008-10-07 18:16, Delando wrote:
I'm starting to get the feeling that ICC is faction that 's worst off in this version.
Here's why:
1.) Weapon Damge Reduction: Lost access to particle cannons, flux canon. Core weapon when from the strongest to weakest, Ion cannon also no longer do sym dmg.

The above is acceptable, following the doctrine icc is the "defensive" faction
However, the next point is not.

2.) Shield have be came the weakest from of defence. This is suppose to be ICC's strong point, a quick-recharging, flexible defence. Yet as many have noticed, the shield in this version recharges slower.
What worse is that kluth and ugto have faster methods of repairs now. Kluth dread now can carry 2 Automated Repairs, which effectively, if not by design, healed them faster than icc dreads.

Ugto is the biggest winner here however, with the poliferation of supply platforms, they can return to the battle quicker than either of two factions.
The ugto 7100 adv engi, with 2 build slots, can turn out 1 sup plat every minute. While icc can also build sup plats for armor repair, they have to wait for their shields to recharge.

The ICC shield has become a liability. Making icc both the weakest on offence, and average, if not weakest at Defence as well.

I'm sorry - lolwut?

Yes, some of the ICC weapons have had their damaged reduced - but not by HUGE amounts. The difference between UGTO and K'luth in weapons damage, is not the same between ICC and UGTO. You're also not meant to be using other factions weapons. Otherwise everyone would be totting K'luth ones. NO, it's not going back.

The Ion cannon losing EMP damage was neccesairy, as was removing all traces of EMP damage from ALL core weapons. EMP is a UGTO faction trait, and it stays with them. The huge amount of damage from the Ion, was also being done as EMP damage - meaning the moment it hit hull, all systems got fried - INSTANTLY. This was not intended, it's not getting put back on.

ICC shields have lower hit points than armour. This is to offset the fact that shields can be rotated. This means that at ANY time, if YOU use it correctly, you can bring roughly 3.5x the amount of armour ANY same class ship in the game, to one arc almost instantly. We found that if we gave shields 1x the amount standard armour had, they became unkillable. They are balanced - you just need to use your ships wisely, and to rotate your shields. You also have Aux Shield Generators to offset the fact that other factions can repair their armour (K'luth auto HULL repair, only repairs hull).

ICC have more ranged weapons on their ships than any other faction. Their weapons also fire further. I went toe-to-toe with an AD earlier, and it was able to fire it's F-torps WAY earlier than I could fire my P torps - they also were a damn sight better at hitting me due to being faster.

Just because you're unable to adapt to changes made doesn't make the faction rubbish. I've gone 1 on 1 many ICC ships, and they've either given me a good run for my money, or I've died.

- Jack

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-07 19:33   
Quote:

On 2008-10-07 19:20, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

I'm sorry - lolwut?

Yes, some of the ICC weapons have had their damaged reduced - but not by HUGE amounts. The difference between UGTO and K'luth in weapons damage, is not the same between ICC and UGTO. You're also not meant to be using other factions weapons. Otherwise everyone would be totting K'luth ones. NO, it's not going back.

The Ion cannon losing EMP damage was neccesairy, as was removing all traces of EMP damage from ALL core weapons. EMP is a UGTO faction trait, and it stays with them. The huge amount of damage from the Ion, was also being done as EMP damage - meaning the moment it hit hull, all systems got fried - INSTANTLY. This was not intended, it's not getting put back on.

ICC shields have lower hit points than armour. This is to offset the fact that shields can be rotated. This means that at ANY time, if YOU use it correctly, you can bring roughly 3.5x the amount of armour ANY same class ship in the game, to one arc almost instantly. We found that if we gave shields 1x the amount standard armour had, they became unkillable. They are balanced - you just need to use your ships wisely, and to rotate your shields. You also have Aux Shield Generators to offset the fact that other factions can repair their armour (K'luth auto HULL repair, only repairs hull).

ICC have more ranged weapons on their ships than any other faction. Their weapons also fire further. I went toe-to-toe with an AD earlier, and it was able to fire it's F-torps WAY earlier than I could fire my P torps - they also were a damn sight better at hitting me due to being faster.

Just because you're unable to adapt to changes made doesn't make the faction rubbish. I've gone 1 on 1 many ICC ships, and they've either given me a good run for my money, or I've died.

- Jack

took the words out of my mouth
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2008-10-07 21:55 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-07 19:42   
Well, you have to see your shield/armor balance from the point of your weapon range. Kluth needs to be toe to toe with enemy to attack. Kluth must has better recovery timing due none of kluth dread has aft weapon. As icc or ugto you can taunt kluth from 800 gu , and kluth cant fire you because of range.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-07 20:51   
Jack, I did not imply that Shield has become a disadvantage DURING battle. I perfectly agree that shield should be weaker than Ugto armor and even kluth organic armor, to balance it's advangate in flexibility.

My point was that after each battle, ugto and kluth can repair faster, and get back into the battle faster, because of the widespread and relatively cheaply deployed sup plats. Nowadays it not uncommon to see planet with 4-5 sup plats, which takes a single engi only minutes to create. Armor damg can be repaired very quickly. In the 1.483, to do that much repairs to armor that quickly, u have to have a depot planet. and there weren't that many.

ICC is put at a disadvantage because only 1/2 their def is armor, the remaining 1/2 will take time to heal.

Result: after a large battle, both sides equally wounded, but MOST of the ugto ship are repaired and BACK inthe field. while only about 2/3 of the icc ship are combat worth, the rest have to sitout to charge the rest of their shields. and watch their friends get torn to shredds.

and i know icc players, alot of them wont be able to stand it. so they do what all good friends do: they Charge in with BARELY repaired and gets killed too.

This was intended, but it's the fact.

And another thing, why isn't icc allowed reflectives this time around, they didnt have ablatives last time. why was reflectives taken away this time. especially since the CL's are making a comeback?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-07 20:53   
The armour types are for UGTO only.

K'luth have cloak.
ICC have shields.
UGTO have a single type of armour.

So, we designed two armour types for them - the other factions were never designed to have access to them (I think).

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-07 21:02   
hmmm.. i'm pretty sure Exthra factory builds reflectives, because we only need to shop for ablatives.

composite armor is the same a standard right?

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-10-07 21:05   
Quote:

On 2008-10-07 20:53, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
The armour types are for UGTO only.

K'luth have cloak.
ICC have harsh words and good intentions.
UGTO have a single type of armour.

So, we designed two armour types for them - the other factions were never designed to have access to them (I think).

and yes, the ICC factories could indeed build reflective armor aswell as standerd.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-07 21:23   
any way to have reflectives back? it would sort of equate things. been flying ALL reflective EADs, the thing can take on 2 of the new mandis and walk away.

kinda like the cannon heavy 1.483, with CLs big comeback, having reflective can chage alot of things:
1.) def against beams, no brainer there.
2.) threat from missiles reduces, B/C CL's come back gave most ships some degree of point def. and missiles are kinda nerfed.

Case prof is the EAD: in 1.483, the biggest nightmare for a EAD pilot isnt a another Assult Dread or Combat dread, but the MD with it's stealth and massive longrange missile swams. Today MD's gets eyed by the EAD like a dog eyes a T-bone steak, extra rare.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-07 21:43   
Christ sake, ICC's players are the whiniest I've ever seen so far.

We do fine as a faction, we're pretty dominate when we have a group going.

We're not as good as everyone else stat wise, but I havent been beat in any of the fights I've been in as ICC.

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-08 13:49   
Quote:

On 2008-10-07 21:43, Crim {Pants?} wrote:
Christ sake, ICC's players are the whiniest I've ever seen so far.

We do fine as a faction, we're pretty dominate when we have a group going.

We're not as good as everyone else stat wise, but I havent been beat in any of the fights I've been in as ICC.

Exactly!

Crim's one of the few I've seen flying in 1.5 who has jumped straight into the deep end, and tackled it with all apendages!

ICC have active shields. Turn off your shields, orbit a planet, and you can replace them.

You have just as much defence options as other factions in terms of modding of armour (K'luths is the option of another AHR).

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-10-08 16:14   
Fact: ICC shields have less Max HP.

Fact: ICC Reactive Shields regenerate HP approximately 150% faster than UGTO armor.

Fact: ICC Active Shields regenerate HP approximately 160% faster than UGTO armor.

Fact: Until 3 minutes into combat, ICC ships have less HP than their UGTO counterparts. After this point they gain a significant advantage due to the shield regeneration. Most small scale engagements last between 2-6 minutes.

None of this takes into account shield rotation. You can transfer shield energy to other facings using the number pad keys as follows: 2 (aft), 4 (left), 6 (right) , 8 (fore). This in itself gives ICC a huge advantage in combat, although a number of players do not use this feature.

If you cannot use the number pad keys(ie. most laptops), you can always right click the device and assign a number hotkey to them.

I hope this information is useful.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2008-10-08 16:22 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-10-08 16:21   
I am haveing no balance issues in my heavy cruser.... I see no need to change things and risk distablizeing the game again.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025192 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR