Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Shield: Liability?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author ICC Shield: Liability?
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-09 00:55   
In hope of ending this discussion, i have conducted a Experiment, it cost me a extra death and 300 prestige loss, it was worth it:

Step1:
Built 12 Supply Plats at Paul, R33, with 7100engi, Time Expended: 00:11:54
I've resourced all of them, so feel free to repeat my trials.

Step2:
Spwn 1 Battle Dread into Paul orbit near Supply Plat cluster, began swap all standard armor for reflective armor. Time expended for full armor regeneration(counting from I swap in the FIRST plate: 00:00:47 That means it take at most 47 SECONDS FOR A UGTO DREAD WITH "0"ARMOR TO BECOME FULLY COMBAT WORTHY, so long as he has no significant hull damage.

Now, I don't know how much faster than the ICC shield that was, but I think we can all agree that a repair speed that bring a BD completely striped of armor to 100% armor in 47 secs is TOO fast.

This is no longer a case of unbalance, this borders on exploit.

Step3:
For the sake of taking hull damg into account, I took the BD into a battle with killa and pakhos under the name SUPSPAMMER. I got the armor as low as I could be for I was killed, something like 17%.
Next, I respwned the BD at Paul again, with 5% hull, and 18% armor, to see how long it would take a heavily damaged ugto Dread to recover to full combat readiness. And to compare it to the ICC time. Time Expended to Full armor regen: 00:00:36
Time Expended to Full hull regen: 00:02:55

INTERPRATATION: this means an ugto BD who was just destroyed can return the same ship into battle with 100% hull and 100% armor in just under 3minutes.
Can ICC still claim the title as excelling at defense? Can shield technology still be called Superior under these conditions?

You have SEEN the results, I leave the judgenment to you.

If u wish to test the proof first handed, the supp plat cluster is still at the planet of Paul in R33.

[ This Message was edited by: SUPSPAMER on 2008-10-09 01:07 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 01:15   
Dude, it is not a liability. ICC sheilds are an EXTRA layer of armor... think of it as movable armor. They can rotate it at will. That alone gives them more staying power than any other ships in the game.

Besides, why are you jumping out into a battle in the first place? ICC ships are defensive. People who play ICC need to play defensively. Only in rather large numbers should they jump into a fight. Quit moaning and play.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 02:00   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 00:55, Delando wrote:
In hope of ending this discussion, i have conducted a Experiment, it cost me a extra death and 300 prestige loss, it was worth it:

Step1:
Built 12 Supply Plats at Paul, R33, with 7100engi, Time Expended: 00:11:54
I've resourced all of them, so feel free to repeat my trials.

Step2:
Spwn 1 Battle Dread into Paul orbit near Supply Plat cluster, began swap all standard armor for reflective armor. Time expended for full armor regeneration(counting from I swap in the FIRST plate: 00:00:47 That means it take at most 47 SECONDS FOR A UGTO DREAD WITH "0"ARMOR TO BECOME FULLY COMBAT WORTHY, so long as he has no significant hull damage.

Now, I don't know how much faster than the ICC shield that was, but I think we can all agree that a repair speed that bring a BD completely striped of armor to 100% armor in 47 secs is TOO fast.

This is no longer a case of unbalance, this borders on exploit.

Step3:
For the sake of taking hull damg into account, I took the BD into a battle with killa and pakhos under the name SUPSPAMMER. I got the armor as low as I could be for I was killed, something like 17%.
Next, I respwned the BD at Paul again, with 5% hull, and 18% armor, to see how long it would take a heavily damaged ugto Dread to recover to full combat readiness. And to compare it to the ICC time. Time Expended to Full armor regen: 00:00:36
Time Expended to Full hull regen: 00:02:55

INTERPRATATION: this means an ugto BD who was just destroyed can return the same ship into battle with 100% hull and 100% armor in just under 3minutes.
Can ICC still claim the title as excelling at defense? Can shield technology still be called Superior under these conditions?

You have SEEN the results, I leave the judgenment to you.

If u wish to test the proof first handed, the supp plat cluster is still at the planet of Paul in R33.

[ This Message was edited by: SUPSPAMER on 2008-10-09 01:07 ]

Shields are superior in combat. Combining it with a supply based shield recharge will result in an imbalance that will destroy the fickle balance we have now.

Even worse, your argument is flawed. A single ugto dread taking 12 effing supply plats to heal itself is outrageous under combat cicumstances.

12!
For ONE ship.

Accept that there will rarely be only one ship claiming supply time.
The ICC's shield recharge is a huge boon since the whole icc force will reg its shields independant of supply plattforms.

Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2008-10-09 02:46   
Delando, my friend,
Please, get with the program and realize they don't care what you are saying. Save your breath. This is an insiders game. If they wanted your input, they'd invite you to be a developer or mod. They don't want your opinion or feedback.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-10-09 05:46   
We will not be introducing an shield repair into the game.

Your shields recharge a damn sight faster than 3 minutes. Not to mention that whilst 12 supply platforms is all good and well - the UGTO will have a lot of ships, with a lot of armour - one supply per ship is still going to take forever.

There's also the bonus that once we leave the platforms 250 gu range, our armour stops - if it's dangeriously low, we can't risk it to help our friends, whereas you can. Your shields have the ability to recharge independant of any repair - in and out of combat. No matter where you are, what you're doing, as long as you have energy, your shields are going up.

Armour does not.

There are differences in armour and shields - there are pros and cons of both. Weight up yours - you're obviously not a shield person. If you don't like shields, and they're not for you, then try a different faction.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-10-09 05:50   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 05:46, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
We will not be introducing an shield repair into the game.

Your shields recharge a damn sight faster than 3 minutes. Not to mention that whilst 12 supply platforms is all good and well - the UGTO will have a lot of ships, with a lot of armour - one supply per ship is still going to take forever.

There's also the bonus that once we leave the platforms 250 gu range, our armour stops - if it's dangeriously low, we can't risk it to help our friends, whereas you can. Your shields have the ability to recharge independant of any repair - in and out of combat. No matter where you are, what you're doing, as long as you have energy, your shields are going up.

Armour does not.

There are differences in armour and shields - there are pros and cons of both. Weight up yours - you're obviously not a shield person. If you don't like shields, and they're not for you, then try a different faction.

and there you have it again.
infact, i am starting to take a liking to icc....

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-10-09 07:20   
Come! Partake in our cheesey goodness!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 09:08   
mmm cheesecake!

Email Borgie
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 09:28   
lime pie ftw!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 12:11   
well,well,well....

This is a bit confused. Personaly Dev and Delando both have point. Dev says icc can rotate shield and can charge indepentedly and delando says recovery time is too slow while ugto makes "fast come backs".

I agree with both side on those points. But strategicly this can be avoid. I believe Delando wants to have some back feature of 483. Which is longer battle time for icc . Why? because they used to stay and kick ass.In this case a fleet you have to choise a target, and you must assure the target you choised wont come back in the same ship. Kill him and kill your second target, then get out to charge your shields.Then come back to kill your third target. Because we do this as kluth .We fire on 1 then cloak. We wait to repair our armor and we hit second target . If we are 6 people , 3 hit target 1 and other 3 hits target 2 , and makiing sure they are killed. So we can engage on main target without having back fire from enemy.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 12:17   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 12:11, Pakhos wrote:
well,well,well....

This is a bit confused. Personaly Dev and Delando both have point. Dev says icc can rotate shield and can charge indepentedly and delando says recovery time is too slow while ugto makes "fast come backs".

I agree with both side on those points. But strategicly this can be avoid. I believe Delando wants to have some back feature of 483. Which is longer battle time for icc . Why? because they used to stay and kick ass.In this case a fleet you have to choise a target, and you must assure the target you choised wont come back in the same ship. Kill him and kill your second target, then get out to charge your shields.Then come back to kill your third target. Because we do this as kluth .We fire on 1 then cloak. We wait to repair our armor and we hit second target . If we are 6 people , 3 hit target 1 and other 3 hits target 2 , and makiing sure they are killed. So we can engage on main target without having back fire from enemy.

i rarely see that actualy work hehe. you with your paper ships.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 12:21   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 12:17, Daimen wrote:
[

i rarely see that actualy work hehe. you with your paper ships.

There ! take it ! this is the prove of we have paper ships! You cant deny anymore! Give us Kluth shield and kluth Flux!Make us uber faction! Amen!

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-09 13:22   
and more core weps on the krill please

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-10-09 14:23   
Quote:

On 2008-10-09 02:46, Evey wrote:
Delando, my friend,
Please, get with the program and realize they don't care what you are saying. Save your breath. This is an insiders game. If they wanted your input, they'd invite you to be a developer or mod. They don't want your opinion or feedback.

unfortunatly i think you are right.
it is alot easier to try to convince people that its not broken then it is to fix it.
too bad, lazyness wins again...

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-09 14:38   
Easy solution for ICC people who complain..

Learn to play your faction, or get off it.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023676 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR