No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Reflective Armor and you.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Reflective Armor and you.
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-18 10:01   
After playing for a week as ugto and experimenting with Reflective, Standard and Ablative armor, I have come to these conclusions:

Reflectives do NOT make a ship invincible, but specializing armor does grant gread advantages to spacific ship types

Reflective armor benifits:
Scouts and Frigates, because in most cases only BEAM fire from enemy ships manage to hit them.

EAD, which was my primary focus, are made around 150% more durable with reflectives. As it's tactics as outlined by Russian Rullet with Muskets, consists of either a direct point jump, or jump at high speeds and charging from around 600gu. close to 70% of it combat time is spent within 400gu of target. As a result, it runders enemy CLs/ruptor ineffective => this translates to nearly ALL Kluth ships, and 50% of ICC ships.

Data:
After engaging around 25 fights of close to 1:1 to 2:1 odds, in only 4 engagements was my EAD forced to flee before either destoying or forcing my intended targets to run.
Most of my targets where Dreads, in order to make the trials more valiad.

With that said, I must admit while i have come to love this ship and its tactices. My view have changed regarding the invinciblity of the EAD, Yes, there is NO ship that could stand toe-to-toe with it, not the Siphon, not the Mandi, and certainly not the AD.

But jumping into planet range and finding a MD siting in orbit will give me nightmares.

Geting point jumped by a Linestation is still not fun, u can espect to hull him, but only just. To many ions on that thing.

Kluth in pairs are deadly, they repair too fast, and EADs dont have ECCM.

This minute anyone spots u, they gonna get out their Combat Dread, not their AD. People learn fast.

My assesment: EAD should always be flown with Reflective or Ablative armor, speciallized armor grants more benifites than penalties. And my feeling are that the lower HP of the Reflectives are NOT and issure as long as itself repairs at the SAME speed(%) as standard.

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-10-20 13:03   
Reducing the self repair of Reflective Armor by 30%, which increases the total regeneration time from 11.5 to 15 minutes.

Also adjusted the kinetic penalty from 25% to 35%.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2008-10-20 13:30 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-20 15:40   
Finally good news.Thanks for your consideration.

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-20 19:03   
Another thing on the reflective armor(or it may be all armor, really)..

Scout with reflective armor, 3 alphas from a luth dread to kill. Seems a bit much.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.010237 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR