Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ECCM what is it good for any more?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author ECCM what is it good for any more?
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-16 03:12   
Quote:

On 2009-01-16 01:51, Fatal Freespacer wrote:
Ah me - i have not yet found a way to jump to a planet with my back in front. Have u? (and it just takes a while to turn a dread)

But my real question was (maybe i should have stated it different from the beginning - but english is not my mother tongue after all):

If KLuth can cloak and decloak as they want - regardless of ECCM:
1) what is ECCM for then? I could use scanners then - btw whats the difference then - found none in the manual?

2) is it correct then that it is impossible to spot any KLuth ship that does not want to? (Except for the now reduced pinging) - this would lead to

3) how are the other factions supposed to kill any KLuth player if he just can cloak if his damages rises to high?

And @Enterprise:
(quote)
First of all, if several dreads attack you - no matter what faction, you're probably going to be dead.
(quote end)
no other faction can do that - i CANT sneak up at 20 gu range with 4 dreads and open fire on any other ship if i am not KLuth - thats my whole point.

No, but I can get four dreads and jump within 20gu range of you and fire.

Same thing.

Also grats for not reading my post all the way through or it would have just answered all your questions.

-Ent

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-16 03:20   
Quote:

On 2009-01-16 01:51, Fatal Freespacer wrote:
Ah me - i have not yet found a way to jump to a planet with my back in front. Have u? (and it just takes a while to turn a dread)

Two things here...

1. Point jump... I select where I want to go, then plot past and can usually drop out 20 to 30 gu from the surface of any planet and still have my nose pointed in a clear line of sight by jumping to the side of a planet.
2. If you just jumped to a planet nose in, your jump drive wont be charged for a bit so you wont be able to e-jump regardless...

Never go straight at a planet, go off to the side of it if you think there may be enemy nearby... Plan your moves...

I rarely e-jump in battle because most people can guess plot where you went. (Thought about a randomized timer on the ejump so 6 to 10 sec)...

Even in the heat of battle it only takes 1 sec to f2, Plot a jump along the bearing I am facing some random distance out and then hit J. I usually abort it after a bit anyways when I think I am safe and plot a second or third jump a random direction just in case someone is giving chase.

Email Tael
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-16 03:41   
When you jumped to the planet, turn around directly. No way they sneaked up on you faster then you could turn man..
Also, when 4 dreads get near you and move in cloaked, they need to have jumped there first, and you SHOULD have noticed 4 dreads jumping somewhere in your visual area. If they stayed out of that area, they probably had to move 5k cloaked, at like 10 gu/s and you had PLENTY of time to do somethign else anyway.
Also, ECCM increases the time it takes to cloak again, same as beacons, but beacons are more effective. Pinging means you can quickly see some blips of the cloaked enemies, and listening to the kluth engine sound means you can know where they are, and how close they are. Before pinging, this was used a LOT, and kluth would get chased around cloaked, by their engine sound. It takes a lot of skill, but very effective.

Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-16 03:46   
Quote:

I rarely e-jump in battle because most people can guess plot where you went. (Thought about a randomized timer on the ejump so 6 to 10 sec)...

You can always abort the ejump in flight. I never let it run its full course as then the distance is known

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-16 06:19   
Quote:
oh my the ejump - ok, good:
youre in a missile dread nose to the planet, u have 4 seconds - - how do u ejump? - - you dont! or u crash into the planet...

any better ideas?

fly smaller ships, a scout for example, untill you grasp the game mechanics.

Email Meko
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-01-16 09:05   
ECCM is also useful for detecting....

..cloud bombing! (or such!)

ECCM also UPS the sig. so if a big mean luthy ship attacks you an then tries to cloak... its going to take a bit more longer to cloak.

and i will quote every second counts

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-01-16 13:08   
Quote:

On 2009-01-15 14:47, Fatal Freespacer wrote:
oh nice, ill try to remember that when i loose my next 250 pres points

Cry me the Nile, be a man...errr, a Lobster.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-16 18:26   
First of all I don't blame him for his concern the beacon's when used proved to be very effective on the cloaked kluth ships and the cloak didnt overwhelm the device but now they do which makes them totally useless and the same can now be said for the eccm which may or may not detect a cloaked dred nearby, beause as of late the devices have been limited yet again. And even if the cloak is defeated the so called paper thin armor seems to hold up very well when under fire before the hull is affected and then the hull repair can kick in to, reduce the damage taken. Which is good because by then the cloak is reactivated and the ship is not targeted by whatever was shooting at it.(i.e.) missles or fighters which by the way do not track by sound but if they did. I am quit sure it would be rendered useless. Also most of the times in battles a kluth ship will not show up comming out of a jump when the cloak is activated just before the jump is ended. Last but not least I am really happy that most if not all very helpful advice from the kluth pilots on how to defeat thier skills and equipement still keeps them flying kluth ships with so much success at thier kill to killed ratio.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-16 22:59   
Quote:

On 2009-01-16 06:19, Meko wrote:
Quote:
oh my the ejump - ok, good:
youre in a missile dread nose to the planet, u have 4 seconds - - how do u ejump? - - you dont! or u crash into the planet...

any better ideas?

fly smaller ships, a scout for example, untill you grasp the game mechanics.

thats calling the kettle black there meko. you are just as bad if not worse. plotting jumps on top of friendly targets, ioning the hell out of friendly targets for no regaurd

Email Borgie
Sir Diablos {C?}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-16 23:07   
Beacons are kluth's worst enemy, usualy 3 or 4 will ping them within a 5k radius, happy hunting

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015928 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR