Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » darkspace 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author darkspace 2009
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-06-09 23:15   
Now I can understand why this may seem like a kick in teh nutz for the devs, But these are all things that make DS attractive for the current (and past) playerbase. And alot of players Do miss them, and I think it would draw back some of those old friends if they see those things return( by those things I mean 1 MV map, senerio server, planet def, cut down on AI population, ect).
It may be just the time for the dev team to swallow their pride and get to the grind of what the current playerbase is looking for, It is nice to have your head in the clouds, but these are pressing matters that should be attended to.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-10 00:12   
It's ultimately up to Faustus. I don't think the devs have the authority to go changing too much without his approval, aside from minor balance tweaks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:

On 2009-06-09 15:38, tragicx wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-09 09:24, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
1. Recode to 1.480

2. Recode to 1.480

3. Recode to 1.480

4. Recode to 1.480

5. Ban Crim

Hey maybe then i'll come back!

You're not the only one In the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed and continue to lurk.

Va_Static
Captain

Posted: 2009-06-10 06:09   
I guess this is just a plea to Faustus I used to play along long long time ago, way before they had any AI. I recently came back to see if any improvements had been made since I stopped playing.

None had been made, infact things were far worse. Please just fix these simple requests, the biggest problem is the lack of players! When things get fixed more people will come back to ds thats for sure.
[ This Message was edited by: Va_Static on 2009-06-10 06:25 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-11 00:43   
Quote:

On 2009-06-09 09:24, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
5. Ban Crim

Damn straight, ban that ass back to the stoneage if you have too!

Email Supertrooper
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-06-11 03:54   
The trouble with topics like these is that they assume the things they suggest are new and revolutionary ideas.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-11 04:59   
Quote:

On 2009-06-11 03:54, Sardaukar wrote:
The trouble with topics like these is that they assume the things they suggest are new and revolutionary ideas.

I would say the problem with topics like these is that they are generally ignored by the staff, and when they do respond it is generally in some condescending manner. Such as this one. Or maybe we can get another one of those spiffy Two Weeks remarks. Or purhaps we can just get the standard form letter answer of "It's what Faustus wants".

Sad fact is, there isn't anyone consistantly working on improving or fixxing anything. And when you point out that the player base is dissappeared, all they do is respond with "well, sub extra accts and give F more money" - to do nothing with!

So DS2009 just may be the last hoorah.
What is so hillarious to me, is that the Lobby is always more populated than the game it is meant to support. And that suits the staff as well it seems, as all they do is sit in lobby themselves (when you ever see them that is). So maybe from their perspective the game works just fine. I mean, if you look, there is no lag in the lobby. Planet Defense means nothing to a lobbyrat. Horrendously insane prestige loss is no threat to anyone's post count. And where has the ability to emote at the speed of light been nerfed?
Seems to me the part they care most about is working just fine. Topics like this are just a waste of time, even though everyone knows that the ideas are right on the money.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-06-11 06:28   
Quote:

On 2009-06-11 04:59, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

I would say the problem with topics like these is that they are generally ignored by the staff, and when they do respond it is generally in some condescending manner. Such as this one. Or maybe we can get another one of those spiffy Two Weeks remarks. Or purhaps we can just get the standard form letter answer of "It's what Faustus wants".

Sad fact is, there isn't anyone consistantly working on improving or fixxing anything. And when you point out that the player base is dissappeared, all they do is respond with "well, sub extra accts and give F more money" - to do nothing with!

So DS2009 just may be the last hoorah.
What is so hillarious to me, is that the Lobby is always more populated than the game it is meant to support. And that suits the staff as well it seems, as all they do is sit in lobby themselves (when you ever see them that is). So maybe from their perspective the game works just fine. I mean, if you look, there is no lag in the lobby. Planet Defense means nothing to a lobbyrat. Horrendously insane prestige loss is no threat to anyone's post count. And where has the ability to emote at the speed of light been nerfed?
Seems to me the part they care most about is working just fine. Topics like this are just a waste of time, even though everyone knows that the ideas are right on the money.

I was going to say something else, but this seems to say what I wanted to with further explanation. Its a sad thing to see, but he is rather accurate with this statement.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-11 10:34   
Enough of this. We don't want to hear that the ideas have been stated before. If the idea is STILL being posted as a suggestion for improvement, it means you have NOT YET implimented the improvement, and the playerbase still desires it.

Excuses and time since original suggestion are NOT SOLUTIONS. No excuses. Do it. Results are all that matters. Get it done. Excuses and a lack of action is how DS got to this pathetic player number. You can no longer ignore these things as "the whining of a few in an ocean of many players", because you have about 10-15 players suggesting/demanding improvements out of a playerbase of about 30-40. That is a very large portion, not to mention the many ex-players waiting for the game to get better to return.

Have you even seen a group of players in stark opposition to these suggestions? How many? 1-3 at most?

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-11 16:12   
Quote:

On 2009-06-11 10:34, Kanman wrote:
Enough of this. We don't want to hear that the ideas have been stated before. If the idea is STILL being posted as a suggestion for improvement, it means you have NOT YET implimented the improvement, and the playerbase still desires it.

Excuses and time since original suggestion are NOT SOLUTIONS. No excuses. Do it. Results are all that matters. Get it done. Excuses and a lack of action is how DS got to this pathetic player number. You can no longer ignore these things as "the whining of a few in an ocean of many players", because you have about 10-15 players suggesting/demanding improvements out of a playerbase of about 30-40. That is a very large portion, not to mention the many ex-players waiting for the game to get better to return.

Have you even seen a group of players in stark opposition to these suggestions? How many? 1-3 at most?

Ive supported the devs, defended them several times in the last few months. But now, I am on the other side of the fence. Sort it out. It isn't that hard to have 3 or four evenings free and fix this game. I can quarantee that at least 50 more people a week would be playing, and that makes all the difference. I know I would be one of them.

xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-11 16:29   
I make posts like this to try and pull Faustus out of his arrogance, as with many people i have invested time and many years of money into this game only to be disappointed time and time again. Faustus has continuosly ignored the wishes of his client base, this is why Darkspace has the problems it has today. I have seen many very good suggestions made over the years that are not even considered by faustus, to ignore your fan base is not wise yet you have never learned that lesson.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-06-11 17:22   
Quote:

Sardaukar, I am disappoint.

See, the problem with posts like yours is that you assume you are a skilled troll. I hope that's what was happening anyway, because the four or so posts between yours and mine prove why what you wrote was terribly stupid.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-06-11 18:36   
People have been crying for these things for a long time on DarkSpace. They rarely offer any real solutions other than "make it work! It's that simple, somehow I'm the only person who sees it and am illuminating this darkness for the rest! It can't possibly be already known and repeatedly wrestled with!"

No trolling, just honesty from me. It's been said in the lobby, in other posts at some point, and it's said here; This is the fresh beating of many heads against a wall that we've been working at for months. It's turning into a witch hunt against the wrong people, and it did not, and probably will not, get through to the right people. The only real thing I can see coming from it is the exacerbation of existing frustrations and the resulting morale loss further slowing development.

Nexus01
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-11 19:21   
I have to say, you may not have had the "morale drops" that "slowed development" had the playerbase not been ignored. Unfortunately, at this stage, the vicious circle has been formed and will not disappear. I doubt that without an honest effort (from all sides) DS will live past next year.

I can see a few problems that are at the very root of everything else:

1. We have very few devs working on DS, and #2 states why.
2. The developers that are still here aren't getting paid, and I doubt they ever will (please correct if wrong)
3. There are very few, if any, other coders and whatnot that would actually want to dedicate a portion of their time to this game (see 2)

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-06-11 19:51   
I'm not defending every decision made in the past- that's old history in old forum posts. Further, the devs we had were more than willing to dedicate pretty extraordinary spans of time to free development here. What I am saying is that this is just another powertrip for xTx to try and topple the staff that's repeatedly punished him for being disruptive. I would find him more sincere if our last discussion hadn't ended on the note that his previous rallies always drew a great deal of negative comments towards himself, and that he was mistaken in his belief that he had the backing of the community in his rebellious tantrums. Conveniently, his next post attempting to cause useless unrest towards the staff contains a number of "points" that anyone would love to agree with.

The points he has brought up are not new. They are not solutions- anyone can point out a bomb falling towards them, but that doesn't provide the plans or capital to furnish some sort of countermeasure. These are things we have discussed internally and externally- we being the volunteer staff- and they have a few major obstacles in the way of resolution that are beyond our power to fix- and yes, we've tried. Repeatedly.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-06-11 21:38   
Quote:

Well, until the DS train is switched from the phailtrack they will continue to be.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028047 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR