No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Could be part of why the game is dying
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Could be part of why the game is dying
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-11 23:41   
I started a new acct for the hell of it. Went into RR to grind some rank. Took a planet, razed some structures, killed a ship, beaconed a station. Was fun. Then, I figured, "well, that should be enough for my first rank, right?"

Sooo

I redeemed coupon, logged back in to find....

NADDA. Zero. Zilch. NO prestige gained whatsoever.

Infantry picked up from planet appear 1k gu away.

Try dropping on a planet, and it won't let you. It's because the planets are moving,. but your system doesn't update fast enough or something, so where it really is isn't here I see it. That's part of why we are getting white line deaths.

Yeah yeah, I know. It was another wonderful thought that failed. It doesn't work right. If it can't be worked out to work right, it really should be removed.

And where did we even see the need for that anyways? Who out there used their XTX wisdom™ to come up with "we need planets to move?" I'll bet if you polled what's left of the player base, they care more about fixing bugs than all these so-called "innovations".

Now, I've put up with this buggy ass game for a good few years, so for me it's just kinda par for the course. But a new player? I don't think so.

And to the wonderful staff, don't bother giving me those same lame excuses. Don't give me your coy, stupid, unwitty comments.

JUST FIX THE DAMN GAME ALREADY

For me, no fixxes, no subbs.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-09-11 23:49 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-11 23:59   
Quote:

On 2009-09-11 23:41, Azreal wrote:

JUST FIX THE DAMN GAME ALREADY

Oh ??%#?@~*, why didn't anybody think of this yet?!

Quickly, somebody contact Faustus!

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-12 00:05   
i agree with Azreal. they fixed things, but introduced a whole slew of problems that replaced the old ones. nothing is really fixed, i saw this from day one of 1.5.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-12 01:49   
The reason u gained no prestige is Bc they disabled for non sub accounts Due to some bug i dont remember which theres to many to count the only way you get prestige now is to all ready actovate the 14 day trial or be paying. . . and to what leo said is true they fix 1-2 issues and 6 more pop up that are worse then the old ones it makes no sense. . . but then again this is Darkspace. .

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-12 02:33   
Yeah, as mentioned, prestige gain for unsubs was turned off completely not too long ago. It was in response to the ability to gain pres but not lose it while unsubbed, I think.. or something. I forget exactly, but I can look it up if you're really curious (or Merenne might know).

And I think you could strike "could be" and assume part is a reasonably large part: a buggy game is not appealing (not to mention some aspects of gameplay being undesirable to some). Some bugs do get fixed each patch - the dev log shows that, and the SVN log (the internal log code changes) shows even more. That said, a lot of bugs are not being fixed (obviously) because certain features are considered more important.

Feel free to keep posting to try to shift that consideration. But the other problem is that the real programmers aren't the ones who read and respond to these things - just us "content" devs who can play with effects and weapon damage and such, but not much of the actual code, so we come up with the witty notfunny responses to distract everyone from the basic powerlessness of us and the complete disconnection of the programmers from the real problems of the game.

oh, sorry, broke the rules by being frank and honest... don't mind me

Email Shigernafy
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-12 02:46   
Quote:

On 2009-09-12 02:33, Shigernafy wrote:

oh, sorry, broke the rules by being frank and honest... don't mind me

atleast you are honest unlike some lol

KillFace
Captain

Posted: 2009-09-12 06:28   
another thought:

Since we really only have 2/3 of the factions, 1/2 the playability, and 2x buggs, maybe Faustus should drop the price?

Imagine if when you subbed, for some reason, due to buggs, he only got 2/3 of the money, the rest disappearing in etherspace?

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-12 07:15   
Well nothing could say it more or more honest as for me i've unsubbed through paypal cause this is just getting too unreal or rather too real.

I'll play out my last remaining few days after which unless a patch is released to address a lot of these current issues i'll consider putting my hard earned cash into another game worthy of it.

To Faustus: you always seen fit to treat me right through the years and even tho a lot of people out there might resent this i did love darkspace always did but this current patch and blatent <- Typo, New Patch in 2 Weeks is just unacceptable. something must be done and im talking within 8 days.

Goto the website of TheHunter
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-12 15:58   
Out of all the problems present... arc damage bugs, infantry not taking damage. Ship weapons appearing out of nowhere because the ship itself isn't there yet then (poof) jumps in, the ship cature bug (which I started a thread on ) The imbalance of the kluth cloak in (some) very limited situations where it is exploited (tranny rushing) lag, sync, white line crashes. etc.... i'm sure there are more to list than just this...

It would be one thing if they made the game hard to play (which alot of them do) but some of them downright suck every ounce of fun out of the game... which then makes it "unplayable"

I subbed for the 2 month promotion. Sadly my main reason for leaving is the lack of a playerbase, it's a downward spiral. If something isn't done to infuse more players into this game (even if it's kluth, dont care!) then maybe it will live. The problem lies in that fact that even if I hop into a carrier, bomb a planet, drop a troop, run back to a shipyard, change to a engy, fix the planet, get a transport, drop more troops to reincformce. By the time that happens... my enemy is there, and i'm out numbered at least 3 to 1 .

It's just.... frustrating I guess. WIshI had more teammates.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-09-12 20:13   
One of the problems... is that these bugs do not get put into the bug tracking system so I can be aware that they need to be fixed.

I was unaware anyone was seeing problems such as infantry appearing 1k from where you load them... or these sync issues with the movement of planets.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-12 22:11   
Quote:

On 2009-09-12 02:33, Shigernafy wrote:
That said, a lot of bugs are not being fixed (obviously) because certain features are considered more important.

would be nice if we could get just 1 major patch with nothing but bugfixes tho. i'm sure very few ppl would actually find that to be a bad thing.

just imagine to play a almost bugfree DS atleast untill the next major patch arrive

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-09-12 22:25   
About the last 10 version we released were nothing but bug fixes...

Goto the website of Faustus
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-09-12 23:42   
Quote:

On 2009-09-12 22:25, Faustus wrote:
About the last 10 version we released were nothing but bug fixes...

:cripes:

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-13 02:19   
I'm curious if there is anything really imbalanced about the playerbase itself? Can we see some statistics at all regarding player faction choices? I men, we know certain fleets are dedicated to a certain faction, and that was supposed to help maintain a balance. Then fleets could change factions, although not a quickly.

The question I have. How many people are activally playing kluth, ugto and icc?

I mean I know stevey, myself and a few RSM have been able to go into the MV and cap say.. The Cinncinatti system in a day or so. Then the next day, we cape R33, and maybe luyten.

Then, litteraly, in a single day, perhaps day and a half. the entire Lacerta server is owned by the kluth, and Cinncinati, R33 and Luyten are all also red. The only time the kluth don't own 85% of the MV is when the ICC and UGTO declare a truce (which only applies to specific fleets)

Just being aware of the player stats would be a good start. Maybe we could recruit some more? hmmmm? provide incenives for joining the underpoweered and outgunned other fleet

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-13 02:26   
The playerbase on luth is alot bigger, icc dont play because their ship is the weakest. And the rest of the playerbase is on standy waiting for bug fixes to start again.

Yes faustus you guys have been great in fixing the bugs for like 3-4 months ago. But now its all halted, nothing is happening and no one knows whats even goin on. Would be nice to get an official statment on your plans for this game...a short time goal, and maybe even a long time.

I even hope u read the forums about what the "old" playerbase is moaning about. That the bugs gets sorted.

Thats my 200000000000000000 cents.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020123 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR