No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Could be part of why the game is dying
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Could be part of why the game is dying
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-09-13 02:44   
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 02:19, Krim {C?} wrote:

Then, litteraly, in a single day, perhaps day and a half. the entire Lacerta server is owned by the kluth, and Cinncinati, R33 and Luyten are all also red. The only time the kluth don't own 85% of the MV is when the ICC and UGTO declare a truce (which only applies to specific fleets)

Was pretty much myself and Az working around the clock with the assistance of comers and goers and took hell longer than a day and a 1/2. Next to no resistance even after we were discovered.

By the third day I am sitting in Kaus chatting to Az on voice (worth a try if u never tried it) watching an UGTO fleet farm AI. Just one or two UGTO players could have delayed if not stopped us, but if the fleet had of come ... wow a battle with losses each side ... and / or home system in tact maybe ...

You create myths about our abilities that are way over the top and seem to psych yaselves out of the fight. Keep it up please!

A day and a half literally .... nice! There is another story about the boy who cried =Wolf= ...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-13 06:17   
Yeah, I have to agree with Sauur.

Taking Lacerta server was an operation planned for three days before we went in after it. When we did, we went in with 3 Wolves to start, and that was it. A few came and went to help us, but it was mostly a round the clock operation for nearly two days. Sauur and I pulled shift duty around the clock. We also got every loyal 'luthy involved we could find, but there weren't many we could find.

And actually, after a day, UGTO had recapped most of Sol. We just went back in and took it back.

So. Want a rough headcount of ACTIVE K'luth? 6 Wolves, and a handful of new players who hop faction to faction. So in all honesty, it's mostly been Sauur, Max, El, Red Dragon, Iceman, and myself.

To Faustus: You are correct, a few months ago you did roll out some good bug fixxes. Needed ones. And then...nothing.

From a player perspective, here's what I see.
We were told missions would be added, something that is needed, but has yet to happen.

We were told higher level enhancements would come from players as well. This alone would help keep factions together, instead of farming in some other server. Worse still is most people don't get anything for farming in RR due to rank caps.

Planet movements are jerky and hessitant, and you can be run over by a planet u orbit because it "jumps" ahead in its orbit by a few hundred gu.
Due to that bad updating, a white line can lie, so you have to plot courses away from orbits, cause now you just never know.

When the planets are not updating their positions correctly, you try to bomb it and the bombs head in a different direction then the planet is in. Strange to see.

In the same situation, you can't land troops on the planet.

You pick up inf on a planet that is slow to update, and they can appear as far away as 1500 gu! I had to Pjump to them the other day.

A signature bug can shoot a Kluth's signature to the positive thousands, making it impossible to cloak.

A cloaked ship seems to still be getting targeted for as long as 20 secs AFTER it says we are fully cloaked. Pinged u ask? I am speaking of planets firing on me and no humans in sight to ping me.

Kluth AI ping cloaked Kluth players due to use of eccm. WHY would we ever use eccm? Needs to be swapped to ecm.

those are the biggies in my mind, but I'm sure there are more.

For UGTO and ICC, I would recommend adding beacon slots to more larger ships. The idea of making the smaller ships have a purpose is nice - when we have a player base. That hasn't happened in a long time now.

I would also advise renaming their interdictor ships to "Kluth Killing Cruiser", as they don't seem to realize it's usefullness anymore when playing vs K'luth.

Hope the list helps, dunno how much you knew already or didn't.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-13 09:52   
and for the love of god fix the ai please i know the ratios but ugto ai seem to swarm everywhere and come when called as for kluth ai there like stupid or drunken pilots cause they end up not coming most of the time when called and the only ships that do show up are kluth workers which is ok for supply but thats about it.

Goto the website of TheHunter
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-13 11:08   
I don't understand the logic of ICC and UGTO needing small support ships to be able to find and fight the K'Luth. K'Luth do not require a support ship to find UGTO and ICC, just seems like a handicap.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-13 11:21   
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 11:08, Sops wrote:
I don't understand the logic of ICC and UGTO needing small support ships to be able to find and fight the K'Luth. K'Luth do not require a support ship to find UGTO and ICC, just seems like a handicap.

You're talking about beaconing, right? Thats supposed to be balanced by the fact k'luth have paper thin armor.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-13 16:22   
Quote:

On 2009-09-12 20:13, Faustus wrote:
One of the problems... is that these bugs do not get put into the bug tracking system so I can be aware that they need to be fixed.

When ever i try to put a Bug in i get..

"An Unknown error has occurred while sending; please try again later!!!"

I smell Irony, and it smells Goooood.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-13 16:36   
Thats a different system. The bug tracker software is a dev-side thing only.

Email Shigernafy
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-13 18:41   
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 16:36, Shigernafy wrote:
Thats a different system. The bug tracker software is a dev-side thing only.

Quote:

On 2009-09-12 20:13, Faustus wrote:
One of the problems... is that these bugs do not get put into the bug tracking system so I can be aware that they need to be fixed.

i wounder why...

Email -Shadowalker-™
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-13 20:24   
Because the staff is worthless. You can say it.

Email Shigernafy
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-13 22:23   
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 11:21, Robert von Fattie wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 11:08, Sops wrote:

You're talking about beaconing, right? Thats supposed to be balanced by the fact k'luth have paper thin armor.

I thought the fact that K'Luth have the fastest charging jump drives was balanced by their thin armor? And I thought the K'Luth cloak was balanced by their thin armor. And their auto repair. And having the most powerful short range weapons in the game. And being able to uncloak ambush someone and then jump away.

Every K'Luth advantage seems to be balanced by their thin armor. For the most part I wouldn't complain and the balance works well enough but it can not be used as an excuse for everything.

The current setup requires UGTO and ICC to use support ships to fight the K'Luth but not vice versa. In a game with such small numbers this only serves to artificially reduce the numbers of fighters on one side of the battle.
Maybe if DS had a large player base this wouldn't be an issue but DS doesn't have a large number of players and I think that makes this an issue.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-14 05:12   
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 22:23, Sops wrote:

I thought the fact that K'Luth have the fastest charging jump drives was balanced by their thin armor? And I thought the K'Luth cloak was balanced by their thin armor. And their auto repair. And having the most powerful short range weapons in the game. And being able to uncloak ambush someone and then jump away.

Every K'Luth advantage seems to be balanced by their thin armor. For the most part I wouldn't complain and the balance works well enough but it can not be used as an excuse for everything.

The current setup requires UGTO and ICC to use support ships to fight the K'Luth but not vice versa. In a game with such small numbers this only serves to artificially reduce the numbers of fighters on one side of the battle.
Maybe if DS had a large player base this wouldn't be an issue but DS doesn't have a large number of players and I think that makes this an issue.

As I was saying before with the playerbase issue, I have to agree with Sops, it's a team oriented game, alot of kluth players complain "if you guys played as a team like we do, it wouldn't be as easy to kill you, or wouldn't be as hard to cap planets" This is a rhetorical statement, I'm aware as I'm sure the other few UGTO players are aware also, this game would be easier if we could have a scout craft, an interdictor, a supply ship and a combat ship in each fleet. Unofrtunatly we dont.

The game is team based. With multiple vessels for different roles. An ideal fleet would have large combat based ships. Supporting faster cruisers and destroyers, and small sized support craft to help the other vessels. Yea, that would be amazing. But we wont see that with the current number of players. Thats why I wanted to know if we could get statistics. My entire argument would be based around an imbalance of Kluth to UGTO and ICC players. If that imbalance doesn't in fact exsist, or kluth vessels require less "support craft" then I dont know whats wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: Krim {C?} on 2009-09-14 05:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Krim {C?} on 2009-09-14 05:29 ]

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-14 05:17   
Quote:
From Hi Post ...

UGTO have gotten lazy and cant be bothered to take there own server home system back even ICC have taken there own system back and pushed into Sag ... just what are you UGTO lot upto, kick the cat out of the way, tell the girlfriend/wife you got serious buisness to attend too and step up to the keyboard and get motivated.

Goto the website of TheHunter
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-14 06:55   
Quote:

On 2009-09-13 22:23, Sops wrote:

I thought the fact that K'Luth have the fastest charging jump drives was balanced by their thin armor? And I thought the K'Luth cloak was balanced by their thin armor.

Cloak is just part of the faction technology, as is the amjd. This isn't a balance mechanism, anymore than pulse waves or flux waves are meant for balance. It is what the faction is.

Quote:

And their auto repair. And having the most powerful short range weapons in the game.

AHR is a nice device, I will admit. Should remove the option to double stck them in lieu of the chitinous armor tho imo.
Um, K'luth do not have the most powerful short range weapons. In fact, the closer a K'luth is to you, the more damage YOU do to HIM. Rupters do same damage regardless of distance. CLs do more damage closer you are.

Quote:

And being able to uncloak ambush someone and then jump away.

Again, this is how the faction was designed. This is what they are SUPPOSED to do. That, again, is not a balance mechanism.

Quote:

Ok, now here's where you make some real mistakes.

Kluth ships have crap energy. Period.

Cloak can take up to 20 secs for a dread, all the while he cann't return fire. Same when uncloaking. You wanna balance our cloak? Fine. Use more eccm, sensor bases, beacons and those nifty little eccm fighters. They all increase cloak/decloak times.
Again, keep in mind that we can't fire, ejump, anything while in the cloak/uncloak process.

Quote:

This i mostly agree with.
However, if the UGTO played the way they used to, players would gravitate to them more, JUST LIKE THEY USED TO.
Ya'll forgot how to fight.
Ya'll don't adapt.
Ya'll keep trying the same thing when it doesn't work.
Ya'll need to listen to Krim more.
I don't wanna knock the dedicated players that are left over there. I really don't. But honestly, your skills are not what the old UGTO used to be. We try to give ya'll pointers, but...ya'll just get mad and /y us (well, ME anyways).

Know what? I'm at the point now where I will more than happily take any UGTO that wants to, and teach him what he needs to know about how to find and kill us. How to counter us. I've dropped so many hints over the last few months trying to HELP ya'll. Now, I'll just come right out and tell you.
I make the offer to SteveyK, Krim, and CHawk. If you want, I will take you into a room, and we can hammer it all out.
We want a challenge. Not easy ownage.
We are not as OPd as u think.

And yes, I expect I'm going to get some heat for it from my faction mates. But it will all BALANCE out in the end.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-09-14 07:21   
All of your good points are negated by the fact that you actually typed out "Ya'll", Az

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-14 08:30   

Yep. There it is. I'm a Texan. That's a proper English word here.

Plural form: All Ya'll.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023012 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR