Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » My Thoughts on current MV PVP.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author My Thoughts on current MV PVP.
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-19 09:30   
hey here i am running on 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.. so if im way out of line.. please forgive me.

but here is my consern... Currently UGTO is a powerhouse... not four skill..tho i dont doubt skill.. but becouse of a 3 to 1 player ratio.

there are usuly 3 ugto on for every 1 icc and kluth.. at least in this past week.

i belive Fox has completed its mission.

thats.. about all i can say without stepping on toes here. any one agree?

dissagree? keep it civil....
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2010-01-19 09:30 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-19 09:50   
Last time I checked, no one who matters actually ever does anything about these sort of things.

And... it's kind of sad you have to talk about "MV PVP" and not just "combat". Sigh!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-19 10:01   
I disagree! Ugto ships somehow have their uber advantage but that doesnt mean we can't beat them. Playing kluth needs patient more than any other factions. Fox doesnt much make difference on ugto power. Sure , finally they learned to correctly pinging and traping kluth with dictors but that is what make me sweat, what gives me a challenge, in short words "fun".

Maybe we just need to tweak some code out there. But some ... Like ugto armor needs to be repaired slower than any other factions armor since it is specialized or/and one armor plate once a time. Perhaps for all faction, first needs to repair the hull than armor. Repairing everything at once doesnt sound logical.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-19 10:05   
well there is not much the "people that matter" can do about it.

you cant force pple to be a faction.. that would just drive people off

on the other hand "people that dont matter" aka FTL have come together to form a fleet to help try to combat this verry problem

we move from faction to faction to help out where there are fewer players... wich by its verry mission.. it seems we will be locked ICC for a verry long time ;(

i dont know exactly what needs to change.. if anything.. ive seen icc in this verry position... the most dominate force in MV.. and ive seen luth have thier turn as well.. perhaps its just UGTOs time.

Killian Darkpaw
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-19 10:13   
Quote:

ive seen icc in this verry position... the most dominate force in MV.. and ive seen luth have thier turn as well.. perhaps its just UGTOs time.

That's exactly what I think. I've seen myself ICC then K'Luth each rule the MV for a period of time. It just seems like a changing cycle to me. If people are patient I'm sure the cycle will change the faction that has it all.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-01-19 11:34   
L2Darkspace

In all my time here, I've rarely seen a balanced MV. One faction usually has the most players and uses it to their advantage.

Quit bitching and man up, you young whippersnappers

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-19 11:38   
says he who does not play

your oppenion is not needed here

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-01-19 12:09   
Quote:

On 2010-01-19 11:38, Defiance*XO* wrote:
says he who does not play

your oppenion is not needed here

And why not? Just because you are not fond of me doesn't make me wrong. Any player who's been with Darkspace for more then three years can tell you that in past versions and this, one faction will always have a pretty good numbers advantage. Kick their ass enough, and they'll eventually change factions.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-01-19 12:20   
in past versions and this, one faction will always have a pretty good numbers advantage. Kick their ass enough, and they'll eventually change factions.

Killian Darkpaw
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-19 12:21   
Lets all stop fighting xD Cuase Crim is right... once a faction is beat enough the unfleeted players will change sides to thew winning side and it goes from there.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-19 12:51   
never said i was unfond of you. even i myself acnowleged your truth befor your post

i just felt like getting it off my chest... being constantly outnumberd.

honestly i dont know what i hoped to acomplish with this forum.. however it did feel good to get frustration out

all pple here thus far have vallid points..

i do hear by appoligize for my rude comment... alas im not myself atm.

need sleep lol.

i do have to say having ugto to shoot at for a change is verry nice

just when its me and one other dread capable player.. and ugto pulls out 4 stations to fight you....

you tend to get a little out of your vector.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-19 13:24   
My thoughts on all this...

I always said, and say now, that the factions just dont use their tools properly.

Going to UGTO I see that they simply need tactics. They have no set strategies.

Leaving K'Luth, I see that either 1. K'Luth is as Wolf does or 2. Other K'Luth are incapable of adaptation.

Watching ICC, I see that since they have captured Procyon server, you never see them in Sag. Yet, I see that they re steadily climbing the prestige charts. Hmmmm. Could it be that they are just little farmers? That goes triple for the top of their faction. They are all a bunch of dirt farmers.

There isnt an issue of balance. Its using what you have, adapting to the moment, and actually being IN the game.

Devs cant do that.

And Fox is staying.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-01-19 14:38   
Quote:

On 2010-01-19 09:30, Defiance*XO* wrote:
hey here i am running on 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.. so if im way out of line.. please forgive me.

but here is my consern... Currently UGTO is a powerhouse... not four skill..tho i dont doubt skill.. but becouse of a 3 to 1 player ratio.

there are usuly 3 ugto on for every 1 icc and kluth.. at least in this past week.

i belive Fox has completed its mission.

thats.. about all i can say without stepping on toes here. any one agree?

dissagree? keep it civil....
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2010-01-19 09:30 ]

it always comes down to playerbase. always has, allways will be.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-19 15:01   
Quote:

On 2010-01-19 13:24, Azreal wrote:
My thoughts on all this...

I always said, and say now, that the factions just dont use their tools properly.

Going to UGTO I see that they simply need tactics. They have no set strategies.

Leaving K'Luth, I see that either 1. K'Luth is as Wolf does or 2. Other K'Luth are incapable of adaptation.

Watching ICC, I see that since they have captured Procyon server, you never see them in Sag. Yet, I see that they re steadily climbing the prestige charts. Hmmmm. Could it be that they are just little farmers? That goes triple for the top of their faction. They are all a bunch of dirt farmers.

There isnt an issue of balance. Its using what you have, adapting to the moment, and actually being IN the game.

Devs cant do that.

And Fox is staying.

what you say about the icc is true all they do is farm they just need to get outa proc and start something in sag..

the ballence is fine...not perfect by anymeans but its DS we all should be use to that by now and i totally agree if you cant adapt your dead simple

Im glad your staying atleast now the ugto have some tactics and combat is fun again

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-01-19 15:04   
Your argument is deeply flawed.

Higher numbers does not mean an overpowered faction, it just means higher numbers. We cannot balance the game around high player numbers on one faction either, otherwise you just get to where one person versus ten, and the one person has +10000% damage, and +10000% armour. We don't want that.

Kick their ass and you'll find most players will switch sides, and the whining starts again over how one faction is overpowered.

Notice how a few months ago it was "KLUTH ARE OVERPOWERED, NERF THEIR CLOAK!"..?

Nothing new to see here.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020313 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR