Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » My Thoughts on current MV PVP.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author My Thoughts on current MV PVP.
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-01-20 06:47   
Sorry Az this shows you know very little about ICC players atm , some but not many have yes taken Proc atm , which will change , again some of us play in Scenario instead of Sag , we allowed to do this without abuse? we pay to play where and when we like , I have not seen any ICC farming in Proc consistantly and for you to say that luth didnt is a joke when luth players have told us they did and how much pres they made.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-20 08:30   
id have to agree with those who say...

kluth owned proc for 3 months strait

we, icc only recently took proc.. maby had it for two weeks now.

Proc was taken from kluth becouse kluth gave me and me alone permission to come into proc and hunt

i just brought me entire faction with me..

i have to give credit where credit is due.. i just helped spearhead some attacks into proc a few nights in a row then went on cristmas vacation.

when i cam back it was all capped ... point being pple did not complain when kluth were the ones holding proc..

we did not call em dirty dirt farmers... server hoggs... or other.. at least to the best of my knowlege.

I suspect Proc is only used when the situation is dead im MV.

really not seeing the issue here..

when im on icc and have few numbers.. its not couse TR is in Proc.. or FS is in proc... its simply that there is no one else on.

to be honest your judging me today and you dont even know how it is i get my press.

im on here nearly 10 hours a day.. i only earn 5 to 8 hundred press a day..
i think that is a good and welcome press growth rate.

if i do hunt.. its out of boardom. or to gain a buffer so i can go fight your

impossible odds... (4 stations vs two dreads/ or 1 station, 2 indictors,

2EADs, and several assorted cruisers vs 3 ICC suk CDs ) and die a few

times without loosing my mind.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2010-01-20 08:36 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-01-20 10:46   
Quote:

On 2010-01-20 06:47, Code Red [the Mule]=XO= wrote:
luth players have told us they did and how much pres they made.

Fact.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-20 10:50   
This game turned into UGTO vs K'LUTH space domination war and it is quite balanced. What we need is ICC in the system to add some spice to game . Because ugto and kluth will get bored about fighting each other everyday for months already.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-20 11:41   
Quote:

On 2010-01-20 10:50, Pakhos wrote:
This game turned into UGTO vs K'LUTH space domination war and it is quite balanced. What we need is ICC in the system to add some spice to game . Because ugto and kluth will get bored about fighting each other everyday for months already.

UGTO prestige is as same as ICC prestige ....^^

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-20 17:12   
Me and a few other ICC players (before making FTL) we took proc in a day and the reason I got people moving to take it. It was so that our noobs had a chance to rank up a little bit faster and not get pwned by Kluth attack or UGTO BD's. So that our faction as a whole may rise above the 1st RA average. Kluth had and still has the most GA+ players although most have moved with Fox over to UGTO AND THAT IS A GOOD THING! I was quite annoying to be the ONLY high ranked player on ICC at certain times of the day. With the acquisition of Proc we actually can get our player base ranked higher. So when a few FA or GA players get on they actually have some players to work with that arnt able to fly more then a dessy. If the average level of ICC rose to say VA or Admiral the same OP posts would come flying in again and for some reason ICC would get nerfed because of its players.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-21 05:34   
I think ICC should keep proc and keep farming themselves to higher ships.
I cant wait to get ahold of those crunchy tastey noobships when they show up in them and try to fight us like MI.

Will be a damn fine day to make prestige.

I prefer farming on players anyways.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-21 06:00   
Quote:

On 2010-01-21 05:34, Azreal wrote:
I think ICC should keep proc and keep farming themselves to higher ships.
I cant wait to get ahold of those crunchy tastey noobships when they show up in them and try to fight us like MI.

Will be a damn fine day to make prestige.

I prefer farming on players anyways.

And then people ask why new players don't stick around.....

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-21 06:04   
Then u miss the point that fighting AI does NOT prepare you to fight real players. It doesnt show u how to fly your ship. It doesnt show you what to expect from other players.

It gives you rank that isnt justified by the skill level that u should have by the time you get your rank.

That's not being anti - noob.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-21 06:14   
dont matter how you fly az.

if you come into sag ... aka dread space with a frigg.. expect to die again and again and again.. and again...and again..

till you give up.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-21 06:38   
If you come into Sag and take a frig against a dread, yeah u die again and again and again....

I have a scout, a battle cruiser, a battlestation, and 1 open slot as ugto. I think Ive pulled a dread 2 times.

You use your ships in the right situation, you survive. If you are in a frigate, and there are dreads, and no smaller ships, then get a supply. Dont just ride side saddle to a dread in combat. If its safe to fly in and sup, do it. If not, wait on the fringe and jump to the guy who ejumps.

You use your noggin'. That's what it is for.

But when your skills have been developed by no-tactic MI killing, and thats how you get from your destroyer to your dread, well, then for me you are lunch. You dont know the first thing about your own ship's capabilities, and even less about my ship's capabilities. That is developed over many fights and battles, not by hugging a depot planet hitting spacebar in a mindnumbing way. I'm not flying in a MI dread. What are the Krill's weaknesses? What are the EAD's weaknesses? What is the CD's weaknesses? How to you battle standoff? When do you jump in close? How do you operate with 6+ players in a combat manuver and keep from getting chaotic? When do u ejump, when do you set course for a planet?

You dont learn any of this from going from a dessie or frigate to a dread like that. You are just a big old pile of lunchmeat.

If you dont see why it works that way, then there's not anything else I can do to explain it.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-01-21 06:52   
So where are Fox now ?? ugto has no planets , you in Proc farming rofl

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-01-21 06:56   
who..

who has made it from dessy to dread by hunting?

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-01-21 08:51   
Quote:

On 2010-01-21 06:38, Azreal wrote:
If you come into Sag and take a frig against a dread, yeah u die again and again and again....

I have a scout, a battle cruiser, a battlestation, and 1 open slot as ugto. I think Ive pulled a dread 2 times.

You use your ships in the right situation, you survive. If you are in a frigate, and there are dreads, and no smaller ships, then get a supply. Dont just ride side saddle to a dread in combat. If its safe to fly in and sup, do it. If not, wait on the fringe and jump to the guy who ejumps.

You use your noggin'. That's what it is for.

But when your skills have been developed by no-tactic MI killing, and thats how you get from your destroyer to your dread, well, then for me you are lunch. You dont know the first thing about your own ship's capabilities, and even less about my ship's capabilities. That is developed over many fights and battles, not by hugging a depot planet hitting spacebar in a mindnumbing way. I'm not flying in a MI dread. What are the Krill's weaknesses? What are the EAD's weaknesses? What is the CD's weaknesses? How to you battle standoff? When do you jump in close? How do you operate with 6+ players in a combat manuver and keep from getting chaotic? When do u ejump, when do you set course for a planet?

You dont learn any of this from going from a dessie or frigate to a dread like that. You are just a big old pile of lunchmeat.

If you dont see why it works that way, then there's not anything else I can do to explain it.

Couldnt put it any better than that.

Quote:
dont matter how you fly az.
if you come into sag ... aka dread space with a frigg.. expect to die again and again and again.. and again...and again..
till you give up.

If that is your preception of space combat in Darkspace then you got a long long way to go, it does matter how you fly. Situational awareness, positioning all those contribute in being a competitive and good combat pilot in darkspace, there are tibits around the forums about tactics posted by me and any other vet players over the years. Ignorance will get you killed.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-01-21 14:54   
Quote:

On 2010-01-21 06:56, Defiance*XO* wrote:
who..

who has made it from dessy to dread by hunting?

Did I misread this post, or do I take some other ramification from it that others do not?

Quote:

On 2010-01-20 17:12, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:
Me and a few other ICC players (before making FTL) we took proc in a day and the reason I got people moving to take it. It was so that our noobs had a chance to rank up a little bit faster and not get pwned by Kluth attack or UGTO BD's. So that our faction as a whole may rise above the 1st RA average... So when a few FA or GA players get on they actually have some players to work with that arnt able to fly more then a dessy... If the average level of ICC rose to say VA or Admiral the same OP posts would come flying in again and for some reason ICC would get nerfed because of its players.

Your noobs would be far better off if their benefactors understood the wisdom of using the scenario servers for this activity. The prestige is better for one. They learn ALL the aspects of the game as they go, and you will be showing by doing because you are limited to start off as well. Then there is the invaluable experience gained by playing in combat, both offensive, defensive and furball. You gain the experience of fighting through all the ship levels, gaining a better understanding of how to attack or defend against each ship, how to deal with various situations.

I'll prove how tactically stupid the playerbase as a whole has become;

Much time has watsed crying over "tranny rushing". True veterans just laugh. Tranny rush? Isnt that another name for "capture planet"? Back in "the day", if you faced a fleet of cappers, especially outnumbered, the only smart tactic was to sit back with a tranny, and keep reinforcing the planet in hopes that help would log on. If you were lucky, you worked the invaders out of infantry, and they would have to at least have 1 ship start running infantry in. 1 ship now taken out of action. Then, knowing that the players were now out of infantry, and vulnerable in the dictor field, you might jump in and drop on a player or two. OOO. ! capped! two ships now down. Chaos begins to enter the enemy ranks. A dictor ship ljumping over to the gate to stop the incoming tranny works in delaying any attempt to either take the planet or help the dropped on player.

Withdrawl is inevitable, especially if you use the enemies mistakes to further drive him to more chaos. Help logging in now is almost a mop up role.

If this seems harsh to you, or if it feels like that is kicking somebody in the face, than you, my friend, are a noob. If this seems like some wacky or exploitative tactic, you are also a noob. Time in the game does not matter. Owning your enemy does.

Notice, I never said pull a station and jump to the planet. Pull a missle dread and jump to the planet. That's is what lunchmeat does.

These were pretty standard tactics before. It wasnt even a thought what you were going to do if you faced that situation. Now they call you a tranny rusher. Imagine that. Even if you are merely reinforcing your own, under attack planet.

Tell me how you develop that in the Proc or RR servers, and you have an arguement with me.

Otherwise, you have air.

PS. The above scenario was taken from an actual event from .482. That was not made up.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026756 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR