No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +24.3 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » My Thoughts on current MV PVP.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author My Thoughts on current MV PVP.
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-15 14:21   
Quote:

On 2010-02-15 05:23, -Jackal- wrote:
Sorry ent, i didn't mean to sound arrogant, i'm not suggesting that ONLY the skilled are allowed to join fleets. I'm just saying that forcing people to join the lowest faction unless their fleeted means that your gonna have a LOT of one or two man fleets, and that kinda defeats the purpose of having fleets. The idea of a fleet is to, yes grab a group of people to "work with" not just be there so you don't have to go with a faction that you don't want to be.

At least then you can rely on them to not keep switching to the winning faction.

Sorry, but keeping it a level playing field to me is alot more important than keeping the sanctity of fleets. If there were alot of two man fleets right now (note: you need three) would anyone complain? Or does it need to be because there is a reason for it that its terrible?

Quote:

And not EVERYONE joins "the winning team" look at people like icarus II, he joins the smallest faction by choice to even things up.

But the amount of people who do this compared to the amount of people who DO just join the winning team just keeps things imbalanced.

Quote:

How about, instead of forcing unfleeted members to join the lowest faction, give them a reason to want to. I'm not sure how, i'm not very creative, but we shouldn't be forcing anything on people. The purpose of having 3 factions with 3 COMPLETELY different playstyles is to let people play the game how they want. I play on the senario server at least once a week just to get some fly time in with another faction to learn their ships and strenghs and weaknessess, blah blah blah... But i can tell you, i HATE kluth ships. and i wouldn't EVER wanna be forced to fly one in MV. I'm not saying they're bad, just not my style at ALL.And i'm sure there are others in other factions that share that opinion.

Yet a good proportion of people could care less about playstyle and care more about being on the winning side.

If people like a certain playstyle then there is no reason they would mind being stuck with it. If you want to change there is nothing stopping you from leaving a fleet.

I just don't buy it. The winning side in the MV happens to be the one that just happens to have the most people. And people flock to that until the tide decides to switch to another faction, and the problem repeats itself. Instead of constant, challenging battles you get alot of onesided ones.

Limiting it so that unfleeted players get bottlenecked into two factions would help solve it. I'd rather limit their choice than make the problem worse. If they don't like it, get in a fleet. An even better reason to have them around.

And considering you need to be subscribed to create a fleet, don't count on too many popping up.

-Ent

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-15 17:16   
Fleeted members get to be locked into a single faction, unfleeted members then should abide by the auto balance that scenario runs. Also give people who do join the lowest number faction a small pres boost. Like a .2 increase to pres gain but it will show only in the bonus pres. This would drive some people out of fleets just to get the extra pres. So to solve this give fleeted members a .3 or .4 pres gain boost to all stats instead of just bonus pres. That way it still would be beneficial to join a fleet. Not only would you be able to constantly play your favorite faction but also would gain more pres then when flying solo. This would help those who refuse to be fleeted with a pres boost but the fleets would still gain the better bonus. Also increase garage size for everyone from 8 to 10 so people will have room for all 3 factions ships. I know there was a boost already added when 1.5 hit from 6 to 8 for this purpose but if there's going to be an auto balance for unfleeteds then people are going to need room for more ships so they have at least 1 or 2 ships for every faction and a few more for there favorite. This would also force people to sub for at least a month so they could join a fleet, meaning more money for the game.

If you want to fly UGTO forever but not join a fleet, well your gonna be out of luck. If UGTO is full that day then you will be forced to play ICC or K'luth until some people log off of UGTO allowing you to play them. This might sound a little elitist but guess what? The game has fleets and they will always be there, a lot of people take pride in there fleet as well. Fleets are not only groups of people who are good and fly well together, they also reap more benefits from the game as well. Your own chat so you can coordinate better with just you fleet mates. Faction locked as well with a 1 week cool down between changes, allowing you to use ALL of your garage space for your faction. Also there is room to increase fleets even more, like better pres gain (as stated above), or even a fleet special ship. Theres tons of potential for fleets as they bring the game more meaning. Like massive fleet vs fleet battles. Currently in the MV (mostly) its been FTL vs RSM or RSM vs Wolf or PB as those four fleets are the most active. Its a game of escalation, we get dreads out and start whooping on them, they get stations. Then we get stations and it becomes a war of attrition, who can uproot who from each others planets (If UGTO would ever attack that is when there are players on). Bottom line is, Fleet are Important so lets make them better. (I know this line went off topic but it was needed to point out to the nonbelievers what it means to be in a fleet).

This would also kill the Saboing that happens as well as faction hopping AND give fleets more meaning. Basically this would kill 3 birds with 1 stone, and would solve sabo issues, faction hopping and help fleets out.

To a noob just joining the game the auto balance would not make sense, but a simple Tutorial could fix that.......hmm I wonder where that tutorial went........

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 05:05   
Quote:

On 2010-01-19 10:01, Pakhos wrote:
Repairing everything at once doesnt sound logical.

Our little Repair Drones are doing their job, getting into the nooks and crannies of the UGto Armour and Hull to repair it from the inside out and vice versa.

So it does sound logical.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-16 08:52   
Quote:

On 2010-02-15 14:21, Enterprise wrote:

Yet a good proportion of people could care less about playstyle and care more about being on the winning side.

If people like a certain playstyle then there is no reason they would mind being stuck with it. If you want to change there is nothing stopping you from leaving a fleet.

I just don't buy it. The winning side in the MV happens to be the one that just happens to have the most people. And people flock to that until the tide decides to switch to another faction, and the problem repeats itself. Instead of constant, challenging battles you get alot of onesided ones.

Limiting it so that unfleeted players get bottlenecked into two factions would help solve it. I'd rather limit their choice than make the problem worse. If they don't like it, get in a fleet. An even better reason to have them around.

And considering you need to be subscribed to create a fleet, don't count on too many popping up.

-Ent

The scenario server has some sort of team balance mechanism doesn't it?

The same type of team balance mechanism that you find in FPS games like CS, Battlefield 2, DOD etc etc...

Perhaps it could be applied to the MV. Whenever you join the server and try to join a team that has too many players, the system will reject it with a "Team Full, please join other team" message and puts you back to the menu to join either of the other 2 teams.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 09:21   
Quote:

On 2010-02-16 08:52, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

some sort yes, not the greatest system in the world tho.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-16 12:42   
Quote:

On 2010-02-16 09:21, Mersenne Twister wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-16 08:52, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

some sort yes, not the greatest system in the world tho.

I noticed. 'Cos when I tried to join a side, it said something to the effect of team full, select the other team.

You could do that to the MV, esp Sag server. That should balance out the server numerically.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 18:48   
lol yeah i saw that when i played a while ago... even now and UGTO is kickin ass k'luth's cloak is just frustrating

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.014158 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR