No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » a minor issue with cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author a minor issue with cloak
Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 20:39   
Quote:

On 2010-07-26 19:28, Talien wrote:
Giving planetary defenses a massive boost would solve this issue and several others. If a planet cluster loaded with bases was an actual THREAT instead of the pitiful jokes they are currently then you wouldn't see things like this happening because people would have to really think twice about whether it's worth it or not to kill a few platforms or a ship at low hull/armor/shields when they run a real risk of being destroyed themselves in the process.

Yes it's beyond annoying when cloaked transports can fly to within 50 GU of a planet totally undetected, then drop and recloak without being destroyed regardless of how many bases (both offense and sensor) are present, but that's largely an issue of planetary defenses being utterly worthless.

+1 altho it might inhibit more planet hugging...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-27 23:45   

So I've relooked the issue here and am now wondering...

Are we talking about making the cloak weaker in general?
Or just weaker in the vicinity of planets?

I can accept the latter........ but for the former, I think cloak is fine right now and is where it's supposed to be.

I mean, taking a leaf from Star Trek.... how easy is it to find a cloaked Klingon or Romulan, for that matter?

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-28 03:19   
Quote:

On 2010-07-27 23:45, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

So I've relooked the issue here and am now wondering...

Are we talking about making the cloak weaker in general?
Or just weaker in the vicinity of planets?

I can accept the latter........ but for the former, I think cloak is fine right now and is where it's supposed to be.

I mean, taking a leaf from Star Trek.... how easy is it to find a cloaked Klingon or Romulan, for that matter?

... i have no idea... im guessing...hard? but this isnt startrek... I do agree with you though, im afraid this could easily turn out wrong and the kluth will get REALLY screwed by this, i dont want the kluth to get nerfed to death, i just want a little bit of balance when it comes to planetary invasions.. I mean sure, even if you made it so that any ship would insta die when it was detected near a planet, the kluth would still have a huuuge advantage.. The solution isnt in stronger weapons on planets, its lies in stronger sensor's. Simply making it so that they die when they uncloak wont help anything.... how many people are runningg around with a souped up transport that they have lots of enh on?... probably not a single one. So losing it to take a planet is well worth the sacrifice of a few transports.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-28 05:56   
Quote:

Invert the polarity on the tachyon flux projector and reroute the output through the main deflector dish whilst venting plasma from the drive nacelles, and hey presto, there they are.

Also: Before making comparisons to K'luth and Romulans bear in mind that the Romulans and Klingons never win when they're fighting the Enterprise. UGTO are a bit like the federation, right? Or maybe the ICC are closer. Either way.

Maybe we should add a "reverse polarities" or "technobabble" button, which allows players to defeat whatever tactics the enemy is using by using a contrived plot device.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-28 19:35   
lol well playin in mv last night....im seriously wondering wuts with teh crying for nerfs.....i mean near planets thats reasonable but fightin out in middle of space last night icc (mainly coeus lol) were pinging and were able to target me for a split sec at around 1200gu away....didnt even know that was possible but with coeus's mad pinging skillz i had to work hard last night to stay alive since just 3-4 of his torps hitting me when i was trying to evade brought me into hull from 100 armor

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-29 08:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-28 19:35, Shath wrote:
...just 3-4 of his torps hitting me... brought me into hull from 100 armor

Unless he's using hyper-mega atomic torpedoes, I'm not sure this is possible.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-29 18:20   
Quote:

On 2010-07-29 08:32, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-28 19:35, Shath wrote:
...just 3-4 of his torps hitting me... brought me into hull from 100 armor

Unless he's using hyper-mega atomic torpedoes, I'm not sure this is possible.

mod's mi torps

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-02 08:24   
Quote:

On 2010-07-28 05:56, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

Invert the polarity on the tachyon flux projector and reroute the output through the main deflector dish whilst venting plasma from the drive nacelles, and hey presto, there they are.

Also: Before making comparisons to K'luth and Romulans bear in mind that the Romulans and Klingons never win when they're fighting the Enterprise. UGTO are a bit like the federation, right? Or maybe the ICC are closer. Either way.

Maybe we should add a "reverse polarities" or "technobabble" button, which allows players to defeat whatever tactics the enemy is using by using a contrived plot device.

Geja look up "the uss make s*** up" by voltaire

and fighting luth in deepspace is like throwing a dart with a blindfold at a fly to dart board (depends on their distance form ya) after been pointed in their rough direction every 30 seconds (they are moving after all).

its just boring and unless its one luth screwing around ya wont get much action.

id like to suggest we get something that can hold a ping for longer than .5 of a second.

make a ping last a second or 2 more?

coz most of the time u cant even select the target, its pure blind firing. which as iv said is allright one on one, but leaves much to be desired in a group engagement.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-03 18:31   
/me pulls out the long rotted down too bones and dust horse.

Take out anti sensors on planets and return ze old cloak system.

no more planet hugging at enemy planets unless there is a decent kluth fleet. No more crappy pinging for the humans, they will just plainly be able too see us.

two changes compared too the old cloak though, Fighters cannot be launched or missles while a player is cloaked, possibly bombs too. Since we have had this cloak so long i no longer have an idea on the signal increase of our weapons but perhaps they may need an increase.

Timers on ew should stay, disable a kluths ecm and he/she cant hide till ecm cools down for he/she too turn it on again(in which case he/she dead)

Anywayz /me scoops up the remains and tosses em back into the shed for another cloak post.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.015248 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR