No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The future of the game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author The future of the game
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-02 01:02   
truth be told, your a fool if you feild a combat dessy against any kluth.

it simply lacks the ammo and does not have the dps to kill any kluth ship... les the luth is a complete tard.

however its kryptonite against ugto. Capable of killing anything they have exept stations. (unless you have a group of them)
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-05-02 01:03 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-02 01:21   
i do wonder what clicked in the game to bring about two things that i think are killing the hell outa gameplay and the icc faction

1. Depo planets- depos have been around since befor i started in 09. they have always had the same requirments to build, and have functioned in the same way. What, in the last three months, gave rise to def 22 depo planets that can repair ships from dead to full health in seconds? What made it just now catch on? When i started, fleet actions were heavily relliant on players in supply ships. This made players stick to gether and work together as a team to take objectives. Now insta heal rocks give rise to one man armies. Today i lead an attack into luyten with just two ships. I was greeted by a supirior ugto force (2 ead's a TC and a carrier dread). The planet nearest to the tau/luyten gate i observed to be a 16 defence pd rock. After my attack failed, i noticed the rock had been converted into a 16 defence depo rock. So we logged off. I imagine alot of icc do the same.
my question, is why is this your number one tactic even when you outnumber enemies 2 to 1?

2. <---died due to my inability to express how i feel about fargo wars in a manner that did not sound like QQ. Lets just say fargo wars are stale.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-02 01:54   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 00:31, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-30 19:04, Nuuna wrote:
Its funny who all are whining atm. What is atm state of art....

You see a Kaluth Jumping in front of you firing all beams and you see your shild and armour going down fast as hell. Forgotten to mention...they jump in groups. So you are waporised befor you can react. The Combat Destroyer whas scrap. No close quarter abilitys, no real distance ability, well arounded a bit but much to weak. Enemies direct jump to 300 klicks and you had no chance. Same with other ships or why do you think that ICC has so less players?

Even closequarter ships like the both Assault ships, have no Chances vs Elite Uggi or Mandible Kaluth....you cannot resupply the shilds fast enough when you have killed 25% of Uggi Armour you have lost all Shilds and 50% of your own armour (cause they can use Reflectives one...) so its like always, new ships come, new tactics, and if no tactics work they will refit other ships a bit.
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-05-02 00:38 ]

here are a list or recommendations that i advise you actually learn before you come back and talking rubbish if not complete utter crap.

1. use spell check

2. learn to fly

3. learn to read (something i sometimes forget to do)

killing a ead is not that hard you either ,get behind it where it has far less armor or you grab a cruiser and hammer it from a distance.

the combat destroyer is actually a good ship mind you a moron such as your self is probably using it at medium range when you should be using it at its max range CONSIDERING RAILGUNS HAVE NO FALLOFF that would be 1k gu to 1.2k gu depending on what type of ship you are shooting at.

i am still suprised there are people that still think the mandi is great, well sure if your fighting a bd or a heavy cruiser at close range but against a torp cruiser or a assault cruiser or any class of assault dread or stations not as good. unless your attacking a weakened target or from behind (for the assault dreads)

You always make me laugh jamesbob. Like calling the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 17:55   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 01:02, Defiance*XO* wrote:

it simply lacks the ammo and does not have the dps to kill any kluth ship... les the luth is a complete tard.

however its kryptonite against ugto. Capable of killing anything they have exept stations. (unless you have a group of them)
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-05-02 17:56 ]

A Combat Destroyer can easily kill a station given time. This is a 1 on 1 scenario though.

EDIT: Destroyer might need to jump out for a really quick ammo reload though.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-02 18:03   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 17:55, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

A Combat Destroyer can easily kill a station given time. This is a 1 on 1 scenario though.

Do you wanna try this on my nest? 100K credits on !

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-02 18:26   
If they're both stock ships (no enh, no switching of AHR for Chit) and duel out in deep space then maybe, but otherwise no, a Destroyer doesn't have the firepower.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-02 18:37   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 17:55, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

who the hell is going to sit around long enuff to let that happen? "easily" ... lolz

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 18:52   
The issue with depot plants is it severely balances the game against specific ships and factions. A good solution to this is allow a method to discourage planet camping.

One simple and effective way is to enable ship tractoring. Back when there were tractor scouts etc., big ships hugged planets a lot less to avoid getting dragged into planets.

This would give small ships a vital role in fleets and encourage a more diverse fleet setup.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 19:45   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 01:54, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 00:31, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-30 19:04, Nuuna wrote:
Its funny who all are whining atm. What is atm state of art....

You see a Kaluth Jumping in front of you firing all beams and you see your shild and armour going down fast as hell. Forgotten to mention...they jump in groups. So you are waporised befor you can react. The Combat Destroyer whas scrap. No close quarter abilitys, no real distance ability, well arounded a bit but much to weak. Enemies direct jump to 300 klicks and you had no chance. Same with other ships or why do you think that ICC has so less players?

Even closequarter ships like the both Assault ships, have no Chances vs Elite Uggi or Mandible Kaluth....you cannot resupply the shilds fast enough when you have killed 25% of Uggi Armour you have lost all Shilds and 50% of your own armour (cause they can use Reflectives one...) so its like always, new ships come, new tactics, and if no tactics work they will refit other ships a bit.
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-05-02 00:38 ]

here are a list or recommendations that i advise you actually learn before you come back and talking rubbish if not complete utter crap.

1. use spell check

2. learn to fly

3. learn to read (something i sometimes forget to do)

killing a ead is not that hard you either ,get behind it where it has far less armor or you grab a cruiser and hammer it from a distance.

the combat destroyer is actually a good ship mind you a moron such as your self is probably using it at medium range when you should be using it at its max range CONSIDERING RAILGUNS HAVE NO FALLOFF that would be 1k gu to 1.2k gu depending on what type of ship you are shooting at.

i am still suprised there are people that still think the mandi is great, well sure if your fighting a bd or a heavy cruiser at close range but against a torp cruiser or a assault cruiser or any class of assault dread or stations not as good. unless your attacking a weakened target or from behind (for the assault dreads)

You always make me laugh jamesbob. Like calling the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

if your refering to the spell check i actually do that sometimes.

and i do know how to fly i just can't be bothered with wasting my time trying as its almost always a ganking based game.

how ever should you need a example.

rarely anyone fights unless they have the advantage or they are desperately holding onto the last meta system for their faction (ugto defending cini and icc defending tau and kluth defending eri)

as such the advantages are as followed.

really really good players that know how to fly very well (not as many now days to be honest and i my self will admit i am not considered part of this very small group)

(for all factions) have the numerical advantage.

ugto only: STATION SPAM

icc only: missle dread in planets indi fields

kluth only: attacking weakened targets after everyones finished a slugout

as such you rarely see any really big fleet vs fleet battles because noone likes fighting on even footings because HELL YOU COULD LOSE.

we should honestly rename the game from darkspace to gankspace.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-02 20:17   
James.... do you even play?

UGTO dont only shroom spam... ICC dont only MD spam... and kluth dont only gank...

edit... nvm... i re-read your post inserting the needed commas, colins, and bullitens.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-05-02 20:18 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 20:35   
I have hulled an ICC station (Yes, ALL of the shields) before it finally jumped away in a gunboat. Did take a hellofa long time but yea. (was in Lacerta, back when ICC thought it was cool to spawn from the transfer gate and bypass Sag)

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-02 20:43   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 20:35, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
I have hulled an ICC station (Yes, ALL of the shields) before it finally jumped away in a gunboat. Did take a hellofa long time but yea. (was in Lacerta, back when ICC thought it was cool to spawn from the transfer gate and bypass Sag)

thats not hard cause shields don't take much damage...and there is only a SINGLE ring of armor. plus you had unlimited ammo...not something ICC has.

Email *FTL*Soulless
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 21:10   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 20:43, GA Soulless wrote:
Quote:

thats not hard cause shields don't take much damage...and there is only a SINGLE ring of armor. plus you had unlimited ammo...not something ICC has.

Keep in mind fighters and ammo are the only things keeping combat destroyer from killing a station. A gunboat has to get closer to do damage (falloff).

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-02 22:48   
Quote:

Try soloing an Uggie shroom in your Combat Dessie, and watch him repair faster than your guns can hole him.

LOL......

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 23:19   
Quote:

On 2011-05-02 20:17, Defiance*XO* wrote:
James.... do you even play?

UGTO dont only shroom spam... ICC dont only MD spam... and kluth dont only gank...

edit... nvm... i re-read your post inserting the needed commas, colins, and bullitens.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-05-02 20:18 ]

even before you read it again with all those extra you still screwed up with it.

i made a list of advantages and i made that quite clear before listing the advantages a faction needs at least one of before they will bother to engage another fleet.

however i will admit i did make it hard. Mind you i had just woken up and mowed half the yard which is over 1 acre (need to check spelling).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022232 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR