Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Reload Drones
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Reload Drones
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-29 15:56   
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 12:00, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 07:38, Eledore ICC Massis [R33] wrote:
Short: we are looking in to the possibilities.

Long: We are giving planetary Depo's using a AOE field first, because they really need it.
The drawback of supply ships using a AOE field, is that you no longer can concentrate all your repair/reload on a single target. So we may look at other combinations. For example we might equip the support station with a repair AOE and a reload drone.

I think it works better to make all reloads based around AoE. Sure as hell makes it easier to resupply fleets.
Making it difficult to repair a ship should be a good thing. It makes hull damage something thats much more a concern than shield or armor. It makes it count a hell of alot more.
Make all reloads AoE based, keep the range, make sure it can't stack too much (I think more than three on any given target is fair).
Focused repair is nice, but I've seen all too clearly its abuse, and the amount of problems it creates. At this point, I seriously think that making reloads AoE universally is a good thing.

You miss the other side of AoE reload, Ent.

Right now 1 SS can repair 3 ships maximum. Now with AoE, in a quad-angle group of SS, each SS repairs 4 ships. In a nutshell, with AoE repair drone, the bigger the fleet is, the more handful SS is. And that's ridiculous.

I still refer focusing drones. Because:
1/ Supply ship doesn't repair as fast as support station does.
2/ It distinguishes emergency case and normal case.
3/ Easily to count supply point.

With AoE repair drone, clearly we lose a lot of supply point. We don't expect such case, don't we? I don't hope the dev shall rewrite supply calculator.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-29 23:08   
Quote:

On 2011-06-29 15:45, Talien wrote:

I'm not too keen on Stations having AOE reloads unless they don't stack with other Station reloads, otherwise it'll be worse than it is now.

This can only work if besides stacking, the reload speed also works the other way.... ie. speed divides according to number of ships it's repairing. If 1 rep drone repairs 2 ships, the speed halves.... 3 ships, a third, etc etc.

This is the question that has not been answered yet.

1 depot per planet, AOE. If one ship is being repaired you get a certain rep rate. If there are 2 ships there, does the rep rate get halved/divided between the 2?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-06-29 23:37 ]

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-30 01:11   
AoE is just that if a station is taking dmg then the Aoe should repair the station as well, why because its in that area as well.

My issue with this idea is just that how much slower will repairing become with this idea. Like my eariler post suggested ships taking too long to repair most people would opt to let them repair in the garage and take out a new ship for each one lost my suggestion is to impliment some kinda ETA till repairs are completed would help and limit repairs to 3-5mins any more and people will complain trust me i am gonna be one of them.

Email µOmniVore
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-30 09:19   
Quote:

On 2011-06-30 06:21, jamesbob wrote:
no offence but

Your wrong.

The entire reason depots were being stacked originally was because ships were taking too long to repair. All you're going to do is piss people off, and I'm not alright with that. We've lowered the repair time significantly already, and any more 'opinions' given on what we should have done/do without actually trying it first will likely be ignored.

Also, Stations will not be receiving the same repair system as depots. We will add some sort of stacking penalty or repair sharing depending on what's easiest on the server, but you will not be seeing depot or reload spam again.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-06-30 09:24 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-01 02:26   
Quote:

On 2011-06-30 09:19, Pantheon wrote:
Also, Stations will not be receiving the same repair system as depots. We will add some sort of stacking penalty or repair sharing depending on what's easiest on the server, but you will not be seeing depot or reload spam again.

made my day right here. depot spam was a huge balance issue.

Email Borgie
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-01 02:53   
speaking of beta.

today had a 92mb update.

there has been no changes to beta log since i last played... ?

test of the new depot system in beta.

steps.

1. Self destruct a Combat Dread

2. Re-spawn with 5% hull 100% armor 100% shields

3. Orbit depot planet with one depot on it.

4. Time how long it took hull to rise from 5% to 10%

5. Time how long it took hull to rise from 11% to 16%

6. Time how long it took hull to rise from 17% to 22%

Results.

All three tests showed that the probable time it would take to repair a combat dread from 5% hull to 100% is just over an hour.

Considerations.

We all know hull values are not.... accurate from client to server all the time. Perhaps my results are skewed by client server communication.
More testers needed to find and average repair rate for new depots.

Concerns
Rep time for depots may be far too slow.
Still undecided if this is a bad thing or not, as it encourages the use of plats and combat supply

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-01 03:31 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-01 03:47   
can depots be changed to repair all who are in orbit of the planet?

with such long rep times, the depot actualy goes out of range. Slightly annoying.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-01 04:27   

So depots now take an hour to rep your dread to 100%?
Interesting. Maybe it needs a slight speed tweak. But it's still better than the depot spam.

Players will now have to build plat farms, since plats and ship rep drones still work the same way.

Clustered planets like Mycopia/Michelle will still be viable locations for plat farms because they are usually well-defended by dicos and overlapping planetary defenses. Add to that some weap plats and players will still be able to defend their plats against all but the most determined fleet assaults.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-01 05:40   
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 04:27, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

So depots now take an hour to rep your dread to 100%?
Interesting. Maybe it needs a slight speed tweak. But it's still better than the depot spam.

Players will now have to build plat farms, since plats and ship rep drones still work the same way.

Clustered planets like Mycopia/Michelle will still be viable locations for plat farms because they are usually well-defended by dicos and overlapping planetary defenses. Add to that some weap plats and players will still be able to defend their plats against all but the most determined fleet assaults.

.... you know plats in detectible space get obliverated like prized pie.... Whoever wastes plat space like that

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-01 12:27   
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 02:53, Defiance*XO* wrote:
All three tests showed that the probable time it would take to repair a combat dread from 5% hull to 100% is just over an hour.

Considerations.

We all know hull values are not.... accurate from client to server all the time. Perhaps my results are skewed by client server communication.
More testers needed to find and average repair rate for new depots.

Concerns
Rep time for depots may be far too slow.
Still undecided if this is a bad thing or not, as it encourages the use of plats and combat supply

That does seem agonizingly slow. Even 15 minutes, 1/4 the time, would seem slow. That's a whole lot of sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

I too am curious about depot range. On large planets it's easy to wind up out of range. I wonder if a bump to 400 or 500 range would be good if it's impossible to make them repair while orbiting, even if out of range? They're not OP anymore so I'm not sure if there'd be any harm in increasing it.

[ This Message was edited by: General Zod on 2011-07-01 12:28 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-07-01 17:25   
Maybe this is an attempt to get everyone out of dreads, or not jump stupidly into a fight.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-01 18:26   
Quote:

On 2011-06-30 09:19, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-30 06:21, jamesbob wrote:
no offence but

Your wrong.

The entire reason depots were being stacked originally was because ships were taking too long to repair. All you're going to do is piss people off, and I'm not alright with that. We've lowered the repair time significantly already, and any more 'opinions' given on what we should have done/do without actually trying it first will likely be ignored.

[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-06-30 09:24 ]

The biggest problem today is that killed ships is undocking at 5% hull. Id rather see a timer of 30minutes or something before you can undock that said ship from planet. Logical it takes like 30minutes before the ship is availible to fly u can say. Then its restored at 50% or 100% hull.

The AoE is again a bad mistake in my eyes, it leaves another "skilled" thing out of the game, and quite frankly im gettin bored with how easy this game have becomen. All you need to do is be in an area and you gain hopes of prestige by doing nothing.

And again, 3 reloads on station i think is way to much. It encourages station spam, and with the insane missile damage as of today...station spam pwns

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-02 06:21   
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 17:25, xTc-JSRSJ wrote:
Maybe this is an attempt to get everyone out of dreads, or not jump stupidly into a fight.

if it is its a rather bad attempt because the only thing it will manage to do is to get some players to leave.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-02 10:31   
I haven't doubled the repair speed yet, so all speeds should be double~ roughly what they are now.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-02 11:56   
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 18:26, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
and with the insane missile damage as of today...station spam pwns

PD.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024718 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR