Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Reload Drones
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Reload Drones
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-02 13:11   
Quote:

On 2011-07-02 06:21, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 17:25, xTc-JSRSJ wrote:
Maybe this is an attempt to get everyone out of dreads, or not jump stupidly into a fight.

if it is its a rather bad attempt because the only thing it will manage to do is to get some players to leave.

If people leave the game for the sole reason that there are actualy consequenses to their actions, then I will not miss them. And they will be replaced by people who understand that its reasonable to assume that pressing spacebar until you get to a depot planet is absolutely, 100%, certainly not how the game was meant to be played..

Period.

-Ent

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-02 14:22   
If its gonna take an hour for UGTO and ICC to rep to 100% hull then that would either have to be speed up or luth decreased. Jack it still take 10 mins for AHR to repair luth hull to 100% from 0?

Email *FTL*Soulless
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-02 14:57   
[/quote]

If people leave the game for the sole reason that there are actualy consequenses to their actions, then I will not miss them. And they will be replaced by people who understand that its reasonable to assume that pressing spacebar until you get to a depot planet is absolutely, 100%, certainly not how the game was meant to be played..

Period.

-Ent

[/quote]

Ent you never sease to keep talking the truth, Amen

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-02 17:04   
Reload speeds on depots have been doubled and could be further increased pending further testing. The repair range has also been increased to 500 gu.

To those saying it removes skill from the game - I have no idea what planet you must live on, but I believe Google Translate isn't doing a decent enough job of translating your posts.

You cannot simply spawn your ship and have it repaired instantly anymore. If you want to get your station out, and have it blown up, then you need to wait to have it repaired. You can pick another ship instead and the ship will still repair in the shipyard whilst you're flying something else (albiet slower than at a depot).

We're not in the process of wanting people waiting an HOUR to have their ship repaired, but we absolutely are against having any and all ships being repaired in under 10 seconds. The entire reason we made destroyed ships spawn at 5% was so that it would take them time to return to the battle should they wish to use that ship again.

We will not be moving to some arbitrary timer that does nothing but force players who might die a lot to wait x amount of time to spawn a ship.

Again, please test the current system before making sweeping and disregaring comments.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 08:00   
Quote:

On 2011-07-02 13:11, Enterprise wrote:

Period.

-Ent

Hey if some shroom spamming muppets leaves the game, that's just fine with me. Goodbye and don't let the door hit yr ass on the way out!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 08:01   
Dbl post removed.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-07-04 12:24 ]

Weebee
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-06 10:40   
Would it be possible to add a glowie effect to the repair field kinda like the dictor field but in a different color, this would make it a bit more noticeable when its runing.

Also change the key its maped to, maybe "I" as i dont think stations will be getting a dictor field any time soon. Hitting Y to reload a single target togles the field off.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-06 10:44   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 10:40, Weebee wrote:
Would it be possible to add a glowie effect to the repair field kinda like the dictor field but in a different color, this would make it a bit more noticeable when its runing.

Also change the key its maped to, maybe "I" as i dont think stations will be getting a dictor field any time soon. Hitting Y to reload a single target togles the field off.

i wouldent mind this but make it less distinct so its not so bright.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-06 11:49   
Quote:

very possible yes (though not right now, for various reasons)

and i do believe jack's already set the station area repair gadget to use the I key

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-06 11:53   
dint i say you guys should test the hour reload time for yourselfs?

There are a HUGE number of factors that could have put my results off. Deviations that can only be routed out with multiple tests from multiple acess points (ie computers).

Test it for yourselfs.

(giving me credit for testing something and taking it for LAW is just bad buisness. I post my results so others can post theirs, and we can compare notes)
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-06 11:54 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 13:53   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 10:44, Rebellion *XO2* wrote:
Quote:

It would be best to make this glow visible only to your own faction, for the obvious reasons.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-06 16:54   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 11:49, Doran wrote:
Quote:

very possible yes (though not right now, for various reasons)

and i do believe jack's already set the station area repair gadget to use the I key

It's using the Y key for now, but it will be using I in the final itteration.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-06 19:41   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 13:53, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It would be best to make this glow visible only to your own faction, for the obvious reasons.

I disagree. Not having it visible to all factions would be like making dictors only visible to your own faction.

I think its a good idea for the enemy to be able to see the repair field, for obvious tactical reasons.

Also, know how the dictor field is red? Would be awesome if the depot field was a light teal.

Also it just occured to me, is it ever going to be possible to make the visibile dictor (and eventually, depot) field actually conform to the horizontal plane?

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2011-07-06 19:43 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 20:13   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 19:41, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 13:53, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. Not having it visible to all factions would be like making dictors only visible to your own faction.

I think its a good idea for the enemy to be able to see the repair field, for obvious tactical reasons.

Also, know how the dictor field is red? Would be awesome if the depot field was a light teal.

Also it just occured to me, is it ever going to be possible to make the visibile dictor (and eventually, depot) field actually conform to the horizontal plane?

-Ent

I was thinking more along the lines of,

- You still see drones flying around the repair area near the ships. (ie. dumb animation)

- The glow is only to indicate the boundaries of the rep field, visible only to the friendly faction

- Enemy faction still sees the drones, not the glow.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-06 20:42   
its late, not gonna read the entirety.
but heres a suggestion for consideration.

Sup ships get the option of Aoe heals that does say 100% the normal repair rate or 200% on selected ships.

you can fudge the numbers anyway ya want.

25% to 100%

i think it allows both fleet support on a minor scale and fast one on one repairs, for emergency cases or otherwise.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.037233 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR