Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fix Planet Defence.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Fix Planet Defence.
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-19 03:51   
better idea: Return .483 defences that actually DID SOMETHING.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-19 19:22   
I don't think we will be seeing the awesome old defense bases again, but I did post a suggestion a week or two ago about defense bases:

1. Anti-ship/offense bases need a damage boost.

2. Anti-ship/offense bases need a range increase.

Tier 2 bases would get the boosts, not tier 1, to make them worth building. There's no use in building those super expensive tier 2 offense bases when they can't even kill a single transport, and PD bases offer so much more utility.

It all depends on what's intended for planets. Are they meant to be powerhouses that are difficult to capture, or are they intended to be defended solely by players and thus very weak when there's nobody around to defend? It's currently the 2nd.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-19 20:57   
the new capture system is fine but the def needs to go back to the way it was AND DONT SAY NO caause rhhis system sucks roll back tthe def base change and its good

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-20 10:01   
You know, I really like the idea of the new capture system with the old defense bases. Still can't tranny rush but PD would function properly again and new missiles would be painful.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 01:54   
if anything, teh current def bases need a 10x damage boost. Taking a planet shouldnt be something 1 person can do by hoarding all the AI....

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 23:13   
I think planets need a natural PD rating and The Defense bases increase that rating.

i.e.
Arid - Starts with 10% with Colony Hub
Ice - Starts with 15% with Colony Hub
Barren - Starts with 5% With Colony Hub
Ocean - Starts with 20% with Colony Hub
Terran - Starts with 25% with Colony Hub

Why planets should be much harder to capture

the rating should also apply to Infantry giving they a Boost to either hp or defense

i would much rather see planets capture able after enemy inf are in the minority and defense bases are disabled.

I also favor all factions getting Planet shielding to help planets survive longer and make it so planets have to be unshielded before you can bomb with both types of bombs.

also planet Attack AOE range should be 1k gu so that the enemy ships start getting attack soon as they enter the interdictor field.

With these changes i believe planets can be of some use to players again.

Email µOmniVore
DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 01:41   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 23:13, µOmniVore wrote:
I think planets need a natural PD rating and The Defense bases increase that rating.

i.e.
Arid - Starts with 10% with Colony Hub
Ice - Starts with 15% with Colony Hub
Barren - Starts with 5% With Colony Hub
Ocean - Starts with 20% with Colony Hub
Terran - Starts with 25% with Colony Hub

Why planets should be much harder to capture

the rating should also apply to Infantry giving they a Boost to either hp or defense

i would much rather see planets capture able after enemy inf are in the minority and defense bases are disabled.

I also favor all factions getting Planet shielding to help planets survive longer and make it so planets have to be unshielded before you can bomb with both types of bombs.

also planet Attack AOE range should be 1k gu so that the enemy ships start getting attack soon as they enter the interdictor field.

With these changes i believe planets can be of some use to players again.

waste if time, the new system of defence anyway you dry and twist it around is total fail

the old system is the way to go, and to be frank was never broke and did not need to be changed. this whole AOE BS saps away the capture prosess it belittles it back in the day we AVOIDED planets and thats the way it needs to be again they need there punch back otherwise remove the damn planets from the game and we can fight over cookies

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-22 03:03   
Quote:

On 2011-08-20 10:01, MrSparkle wrote:
You know, I really like the idea of the new capture system with the old defense bases. Still can't tranny rush but PD would function properly again and new missiles would be painful.

Yeah. Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, the roll system saves server overheads and that makes it champs with the Dev team. So unlikely it'll go back to that.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-22 10:45   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 23:13, µOmniVore wrote:

PD reduces damage from bombs and enemy inf, so it already does this.

Viskel the Muffin Muncher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 00:10   
Really all it needs is a damage buff to OFF I bases by 5%, OFF II bases by 10-15%, DEF I bases need an extra 3% PD bonus, and DEF II need an extra 3% PD and 5% damage buff. PD Base Is need an extra 3% to their PD Bonus, PD Base IIs need an extra 5-6%.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 03:22   
well they atleast need to make the current def bases far more effective, and probably limit individual types of def base to prevent spamming(Just like depots)

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-25 10:12   
Planet defence will not be returning to the old system. The entire reason we changed to this system was because we were hitting the roof in terms of server performance, and planet defences were the biggest cause of this. There was no way to reduce the usage of the old system, and so we went to the drawing board. The current system is the result of this, and although it's not perfect in regards to how much damage they do, it has definitely worked wonders for server performance.

There was no way to carry on with the old system - it was easily costing us 30-50% in terms of server performance, whereas the new one is half of that, if not less. All this means is that we can get more people in the servers, and add more features to make the game fun.

I can't recall the last time we had issues with the CPU usage hitting 100% because someone fired a few missiles. You can say thanks, in part, to the planetary changes for that.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-08-25 10:37 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-25 11:42   
Quote:
On 2011-08-25 10:12, Pantheon wrote:
Planet defence will not be returning to the old system. The entire reason we changed to this system was because we were hitting the roof in terms of server performance, and planet defences were the biggest cause of this. There was no way to reduce the usage of the old system, and so we went to the drawing board. The current system is the result of this, and although it's not perfect in regards to how much damage they do, it has definitely worked wonders for server performance.

We already knew. We're asking for a more solid defense.

I have some crazy ideas to make planet extremely difficult to capture:
  1. The planet must be empty before it can be captured. Empty means ALL structures are destroyed. Double structures HP again.
  2. In case you don't want to bomb everything, you have to buy the planet by sending your resource to the starport. To buy the planet, infantry must not be living on it.

[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-08-25 11:44 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-25 12:09   
Increase damage for bases, lock capture % until all friendly troops are wiped out. Doesn't need anything complicated to fix planets being pushovers.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-25 12:30   
not all inf should be eliminated..

else a lone transport can indefinatly stop your capture attempt. Expecialy a kluth one.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.198519 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR