Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lionheads taking out plantes?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Lionheads taking out plantes?
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-01-27 14:21   
Quote:

On 2012-01-27 10:27, *Nemesis*© wrote:

I dont want easy pres kills but I also dont want a ship capable of destroying a vital planet with a one shot super torpedo.

What's the use of MI if they're awesome and powerful, but not a threat at all to players?

I like 'em as they are now. All you have to do is swarm the LH with AI and join in the fight. I've done that about 5 times in the past week since i started playing again.

They always turn and run once they get hulled till the blue fart.

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-01-29 11:28 ]

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-27 15:50   
Quote:

On 2012-01-27 14:21, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

What's the use of MI if they're awesome and powerful, but not a threat at all to players?

I like 'em as they are now. All you have to do is swarm the LH with AI and join in the fight. I've done that about 5 times in the past week since i started playing again.

They always turn and run once they get hulled till the blue fart.

indeed its true i got barely down to 60 haul and it ran like a wussy .

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-01-29 11:28 ]

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-27 18:26   
I like how half of you are missing the point.

No one cares about how they fight in combat. They are killing SY left and right.

1. There is no player pop to watch them 24/7
2. Most players and espesally new ones "cannot" call in for AI support
3. Even if you attack one as it heads twords a planet you must kill it which most players and espesally new once again "cannot" do.
4. You only have 30-40 seconds to stop these things which is not even clsoe to enough time.

Somehow the troll's feel that this "Sy" killing feature is a remarkable and wonderful additon to this dead game. And somehow they feel that new players won't mind seeing there "sy's" destroyed left and right.
[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-01-27 18:29 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-01-27 20:19   
You have way more than 30 seconds warning, you will see them WAY before they get anywhere near a planet unless you never ever pay any attention to F2, they do not jump at all and just fly at sublight from the gate to their target. A 1st day new player can deal with a Longhead by grabbing a Transport and unloading troops on it until it caps.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-01-28 02:26   
i suggest putting codes which make longheads attack shipyard planets of only those factions which have a player prestige total of 20480 (admiral rank). im sure scenario faction-balancing codes could help.

this way, a longhead with sabotage orders will atleast face 1 admiral in dread, or 3 VAs in cruisers, or 10 chef marshals in stations, or 512 ensigns in torpedo scouts.

also it means that the weaker factions wont be ob-litter-rated and lose all their shipyards during the "slow hours"

fair?

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-01-28 05:31   
Quote:

On 2012-01-27 18:26, coolestguy wrote:
I like how half of you are missing the point.

No one cares about how they fight in combat. They are killing SY left and right.

1. There is no player pop to watch them 24/7
2. Most players and espesally new ones "cannot" call in for AI support
3. Even if you attack one as it heads twords a planet you must kill it which most players and espesally new once again "cannot" do.
4. You only have 30-40 seconds to stop these things which is not even clsoe to enough time.

Somehow the troll's feel that this "Sy" killing feature is a remarkable and wonderful additon to this dead game. And somehow they feel that new players won't mind seeing there "sy's" destroyed left and right.
[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-01-27 18:29 ]

Hmmm. why does it bother you so much? I dont understand, all factions have many sy planets and like i said:
The planet will recover by itself, if you want to accelerate population growth you can disband some infantry.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-28 12:53   
I personally don't see the issue with long heads. They have been destroying icc shipyards for a long time. MI are really the only Challenging AI to deal with at this time and I like it that way so that I have something to do when there aren't any players online. MI might need to get adjusted once they release the new AI system, but till then I think its fine.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-01-29 19:36   
Quote:

On 2012-01-28 02:26, Compromisery wrote:
i suggest putting codes which make longheads attack shipyard planets of only those factions which have a player prestige total of 20480 (admiral rank). im sure scenario faction-balancing codes could help.

this way, a longhead with sabotage orders will atleast face 1 admiral in dread, or 3 VAs in cruisers, or 10 chef marshals in stations, or 512 ensigns in torpedo scouts.

also it means that the weaker factions wont be ob-litter-rated and lose all their shipyards during the "slow hours"

fair?

Sounds OK, but a bit tedious.

Why not just have the LH stop attacking any faction that has no players on at that moment, in that server. Once a player joins, it's open season again.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-30 00:32   
the only change i would like to see: only longheads and nodes should be able to obliterate a planet.
that gun seams a bit too strong on cruisers
(my opinion)

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-02 21:07   
Wow so all the one's who said, these LH attacking planats are easy to fight off, they give pleanty of warning, you can call in AI blah blah blah take your advice and quit the game lol

I had a LH warp into our SY planet while i was reparing and in 15 seconds watched as it took out the planat.

I don't care how good you are at this game 15 seconds is not a reasonble time to do anythting to deflet this silly ship.

Now it keeps us in a state of draws when it comes to system ownership like before the update.

Im sure you all remember the Triangle Stalemate we had before the update. Well with this silly Lazer beam of Zues it just keeps any progress from being made any where.

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-02 21:08 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-02 21:09   
Quote:

On 2012-02-02 21:07, coolestguy wrote:
Wow so all the one's who said, these LH attacking planats are easy to fight off, they give pleanty of warning, you can call in AI blah blah blah take your advice and quit the game lol

I had a LH warp into our SY planet while i was reparing and in 15 seconds watched as it took out the planat.

I don't care how good you are at this game 15 seconds is not a reasonble time to do anythting to deflet this silly ship.

Now it keeps us in a state of draws when it comes to system ownership like before the update.

Im sure you all remember the Triangle Stalemate we had before the update. Well with this silly Lazer beam of Zues it just keeps any progress from being made any where.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-02-02 22:03 ]

So what exactly do you want? MIs just flying around, being fodder for you? Not being a threat?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-02 22:07   
Mi are fine as is...well a lot of the time they are more of a joke, but thats a the AI code (like taking a day to fly around dres star to glass tarnak XD ).

Plus you say there is an issue with them taking out planets: its not that common. Past 2 months or so only kona was nuked twice

And a little tip... They are not the godly death machines you people think they are. with my moded AD took on 2 LH and killed one before having to run

Email *FTL*Soulless
coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 02:15   
Quote:

On 2012-01-27 20:19, Talien wrote:
You have way more than 30 seconds warning

No i didnt!

I just watched it warp into my face and blow up the planat i was healing at. I didn't even have enough time to call in one single AI.

Some times yes you have warning but now it just warps into the planat and blows everything up.

Its turned into a joke of a ship keeping any faction from making progress and giving us our old "stalemate tri system" we had before the update.

It needs to be removed.

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 02:17   
@ Kenny

I tell you what it would be nice to see a faction actually be able to cover ground.

Right now this game is back at its old boring dull stalemate becasue of those SY planet destroying guns.

And i don't care if you can solo a LH, they have always been a threat to me and others.

[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2012-02-03 02:19 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-03 03:06   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 02:17, coolestguy wrote:
@ Kenny

I tell you what it would be nice to see a faction actually be able to cover ground.

Right now this game is back at its old boring dull stalemate becasue of those SY planet destroying guns.

And i don't care if you can solo a LH, they have always been a threat to me and others.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-02-03 04:19 ]

What exactly do you expect MI to do?

Sit pretty and be fat targets for you? Or just decorative pieces flying aimlessly around the MV?

Meh. Whatever.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017661 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR