No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Radical New Idea To Better DarkSpace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Radical New Idea To Better DarkSpace
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-07-12 02:09   
Also in Break home page I will post Doran's fails. Will be a good publicity.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-07-12 02:56   

Just checking in.

Is this a thread to find, as it said "Radical New Ideas to BETTER Darkspace" .... or just to find creative ways to advertise it?

Because from my initial impressions, the topic is about ways to improve the game. And not just market it in its present form to a larger audience.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-12 07:17   
Quote:

On 2012-07-12 02:56, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Because from my initial impressions, the topic is about ways to improve the game. And not just market it in its present form to a larger audience.

I would consider marketing the game (successfully so that is attracts new players) would immensely improve the game

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-12 07:28   
Quote:

On 2012-07-11 14:33, Cold Death wrote:
Well, I actually found something interesting..
I talked about the possibility of advertising the game by somehow mantioning it on other, more famous, gaming channels(on youtube ofc) and such.

I found a youtuber called "TotalHalibut". He is a professional gamer and also he's a StarCraft II caster, from what I saw on his channel he most recently casted the "Ironsquid" tournament(on his second channel ("TotalBiscuit"). I'm saying this because I know there are some people who play SCII here. Anyway, he does YT vids of games for a living.
Why am I telling you this?
He has this iregular series called "Why we can't have nice things", and it's about old games which should have been famous for one reason or another, but weren't.
I'm certain DarkSpace falls into this category, for it's time I'm sure it would have been a "revolutionary" game. It was released(as far as I'm aware) way before WoW, EvE or any other popular MMO these days.
I watched through some of his recent vids, and it turns out he is busy right now, so until he gets back from wherever he is, he said there won't be a lot of new content, so I doubt he'll be making a new episode in the series mentioned before.
So, here's the challenge. We need to get his attention. We need to somehow ask him to make a vid about DarkSpace. If that happens, and that's a very big "if", then DarkSpace will certainly have a big enough playerbase for it to continue.

So, can we do it? Do we want to? Let's find out...

P.S I'm sorry if this sounds like advertising, I just don't see another way to present this "opportunity".

Sounds good.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 13:57   
Well, I sent an e-mail to massively a couple of weeks ago, pic, short description of the game and all. Sadly, I don't think they're interested.

I sent an e-mail to TB, after I sent the one to massively, as well. He doesn't seem interested either.

I'm out of ideas. Enyone else?
There has to be at least one brilliant idea to get DarkSpace to the attention of lots of more people.

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 14:50   
Ok I agree that this game is a very good game. When I was a newbie, I used to ask these questions. Remember guys, there is no harm in asking question. Don't shout things like "You are a noob" and other stuff. And yeah this game is very easy. Just a little complicated though. A very complicated game makes a player hate it. Complicated game can easily confuse a player.

Vice Admiral and Emperor of the UGN

Tokkan Icarus

Pleasse do not cry

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-07-23 23:42   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 13:57, Cold Death wrote:
Well, I sent an e-mail to massively a couple of weeks ago, pic, short description of the game and all. Sadly, I don't think they're interested.

I sent an e-mail to TB, after I sent the one to massively, as well. He doesn't seem interested either.

I'm out of ideas. Enyone else?
There has to be at least one brilliant idea to get DarkSpace to the attention of lots of more people.

I've tried introducing the local gamers I know to DS. Sadly, all of them aren't even interested after seeing the website, screenies and YT vids.

ATM, they're all into BF3, ME3, Skyrim, EVE, etc. Good gameplay just isn't enough anymore these days. With most of the guys and girls packing HD6970s or GTX580s and above, they're all gunning for eye candy.

I'm not putting down the game. In fact, I still love it. But it's really not easy to get new gamers in when they are comparing it to those titles above.

That said, I've also been taking a lil break from DS to try out BF3 and ME3. Different genres, but those games are indeed pretty immersive and engaging.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-07-23 23:47 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.013800 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR