Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Best ship for a VA?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Best ship for a VA?
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-23 06:41   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 20:37, Fluttershy wrote:
Are you sure they weren't just playing poorly?

They were, but considering the large amount of people I used it against it's a valid tactic.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-23 07:41   
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll try to use this ship wisely

Vice Admiral and Emperor of the Union Galactic Nation

Tokkan Icarus
[ This Message was edited by: Emperor-Tokkan Icarus (CO) on 2012-07-24 04:48 ]

Pleasse do not cry

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-23 07:43   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 16:55, Persistance wrote:
Actually, I am of the opinion that all VA dreads are useless and need to be removed.

I must agree. VA dreads are meant to be part of a fleet, and we no longer have the players for that activity, and doesnt appear that we will any time soon, either.

We have a version of the game that would have worked great 4 or 5 years ago, when we actually had enough players to play this style. Now, you have to find something that you can take some damage in, and deal some damage with if you want to be even half-ass competitive. And there arent any VA dreads that fit that bill.

Stick to a cruiser until you get a fleet to be a part of, or get the next rank and better ship options.

and by fleet, I dont mean a group of players with the same tag on their name. I mean a group of players that are actually working tgether in a group.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-23 09:05   
The Agincourt came in useful when we had a standoff with the K'luth.

We had a support station, they had a hive and a colony, and the agincourt was basically the only ship that could stay out of range and take out their platforms without getting completely ravaged by the shrouds.

And it was such that our EADs could punish any who tried to close in on or attack the agincourt inside the dictor.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-07-23 09:07 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-23 12:07   
My advice? Stick with the Gunboat Destroyer and Battle Cruiser. Gunboat and BC are your all around ships and work well against any target, BC has more armor/hull and a bit more firepower while Gunboat has better maneuverability. I'd stay away from the Torpedo Cruiser unless you're confident in knife fight combat and know how to avoid FFing yourself with your own torpedoes.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-23 14:57   
Quote:

On 2012-07-23 12:07, Talien wrote:
My advice? Stick with the Gunboat Destroyer and Battle Cruiser. Gunboat and BC are your all around ships and work well against any target, BC has more armor/hull and a bit more firepower while Gunboat has better maneuverability. I'd stay away from the Torpedo Cruiser unless you're confident in knife fight combat and know how to avoid FFing yourself with your own torpedoes.

Personally, I find that it is necessary, for your growth as a player, to gain close ranged fighting experience.

You will die at first, however you'll eventually learn how to do it well(which is very important).

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-23 15:20   
Personally From my days playing with the VA dreds for UGTO i found that the Carrier Dred is a very nice ship (If you fly it right and only if). its a very weak ship if you get caught after a jump or arent paying attention. However the Torpedo Cruiser is a VERY good ship unlike its counterpart the assault cruiser it has rear armor making it very durable and able to put out a painful alpha as a new VA i would recommend the Torpedo Cruiser over all ships

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-23 15:23   
Quote:

On 2012-07-23 15:20, Infinity *CO* wrote:
Personally From my days playing with the VA dreds for UGTO i found that the Carrier Dred is a very nice ship (If you fly it right and only if). its a very weak ship if you get caught after a jump or arent paying attention. However the Torpedo Cruiser is a VERY good ship unlike its counterpart the assault cruiser it has rear armor making it very durable and able to put out a painful alpha as a new VA i would recommend the Torpedo Cruiser over all ships

I personally prefer the AC over the TC because of shielding and torpedo arcs. But that's kinda personal preference.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-07-23 16:28   
Good VA ship for UGTO is and im gonna agree with Adina here that the carrier dread is acceptable as a multi purpose vessle. I wouldnt say its "BOSS" but i have Watched her Use it and i agree with her tactic for it(We live together). Also im gonna say this, The devs recently made changes to this game to support teamwork and removed a lot of the "Lone wolf" Stuff but there attempt has back fired on them and now the game is dead so to say. We have all these ships retro fited for team engagement's and there's not much team playing. That's all i have to say for now.

-Ray

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-23 16:36   
Assault dreads and kluth dreads all seem too suitable for lone wolfing.

They simply have little to fear except other assault dreads

edit: and dictors... and who ever uses those...
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-07-23 16:38 ]

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-24 04:47   
Like I said before, this ship is good for fleet purposes. And you guys tell remove the carrier dreadnought? NO! I have destroyed a parasite cruiser with my carrier dreadnought when I was in a fleet. This ship is good for fleet purposes. OK?!

Now I am not boasting or bragging. I am honest and destroyed a parasite cruiser with it.

D:

Pleasse do not cry

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-24 08:26   
Thing is that the carrier dread is no dread in terms of use, its just an oversized cruiser that costs more pres to die in for little gain, it can work in a fleet but tbh you don't really get those these days. And im pretty sure I've seen half of you play the CD wrong and die like you deserved.

In the end the CD is mediocore for a dread, it tries to play jack of all trades in a way but it is very niche in its uses, the reason why the vast majority of Vets (the real ones like Azreal Spicker and Yimm, rank is no indictator of skill these days best determined by join date (and to a far less extent reputation)) reccommend against it is that It CAN be of use but in the end you are just a handicap to your team if you choose to fly an inferior ship. If you can fly a BC well or come to terms with the TC then you can outperform that Carrier Dread pretty much in terms of useflness.

The reason Vice Admirals tend to like the Carrier dread is because they think "Ooohh dread im leet" and then get all newbish about it (luckily when i was a VA the old TC was more an assualt cruiser so i was helping gun down kluth dreads before i went kluth at adm). Really the VA's who think its a brillant ship are just getting nostalgic and thinking because its a dread it should better than cruisers. Hopefully they will die alot and learn overwise on there rocky road to getting a real dread.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-24 10:17   
Quote:

On 2012-07-23 16:36, Fluttershy wrote:
Assault dreads and kluth dreads all seem too suitable for lone wolfing.

They simply have little to fear except other assault dreads

edit: and dictors... and who ever uses those...
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-07-23 16:38 ]

This could not be more wrong

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-24 11:37   
The only thing dreads have to fear is ships capable of killing them in the time it takes to charge their jump drive or successfully hide with cloak...

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-24 12:01   
Quote:

On 2012-07-24 11:37, Fluttershy wrote:
The only thing dreads have to fear is ships capable of killing them in the time it takes to charge their jump drive or successfully hide with cloak...

you still could not be more wrong

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024091 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR