No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth Shrouds Invisable even with ECCM active
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Kluth Shrouds Invisable even with ECCM active
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-30 21:26   
Quote:

On 2012-12-30 21:07, *Two Face* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-30 20:48, Zero28 wrote:
dont dramatise too much,

its been a while since missiles were like that, and took a while enough for people to notice that. Dev already said they were on it. give them time, its the holidays

Zero if it wasnt me that posted my above post i bet you wouldnt of said anything.

You also login and play about once every 2 weeks compared to my everyday, so you should be able to see where mine and others frustration is coming from because i certainly can understand where your non frustration is is not coming from..

doesn't matter how often i play or not. i play the same game
and BTW, i was around alot back when you kept hatting the AD with def enh, and missles where jsut the same

and your wrong, if it was soeone else who posted such thing to the devs, is till would have come and said to chill, its the holidays
stop feeling so Aimed at i dotn hate you, i hate those who order the devs aroud like that, especially when they are already doing their best AND durign holiday season

Also, what kenny said

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2012-12-30 21:28 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-30 21:33   
Quote:

On 2012-12-30 21:16, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-30 19:47, *Two Face* wrote:
if the devs dont bring in an emergency patch update for these shroud issues then you are going to lose lots of players! Dont leave it till its too late.

You complain abt ECCM not working, and yet just a few hours back, Ken2228, Bladerunner and yourself built a number of sensor plats ard a planet and used that (along w a Covert Op Scout) to successfully persecute and destroy -Schweinhund- in his Mandi.

The area was so saturated with ECCM that he ran out of energy while cloaked and got beaconed and died.

ECCM works. The problem is your usage of it. I see ICC players automatically building sensor plats around planets when they know Kluth are afoot, and not regularly QQ abt how they can't see in the dark.

Next, when i decloaked next to you and alpha'ed you into oblivion, the first thing you said to me was that Kluth can now kill you while cloaked. LOL. This clearly shows that you have some kind of latency issue going on.

Clearly you have latency issues because -Schweinhund- actually uncloaked thinking he was smart and Flash instantly called target to -Schweinhund-, about 6 players then alphaed him before he could re-cloak, that was the reason he died, not anything at all to do with ECCM.

Next, dont speak to us like we are all stupid little idiots, we know how to use ECCM, a couple hours ago we had so much ECCM our sigs were 90+ and STILL we spotted lots of missiles getting through and hitting hull.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-30 21:48   

Are we even talking about the same battle?

Without going too much back and forth, I was camming Schwein while he was lurking about your planet. And it was only 3 of you on him. Ken in the scout, Blade in the EAD and you in the BD.

Just after he died, we returned in 4 Mandis and attacked you. I took out yr sensor plats first. In my observation, approaching the sens plats in cloak already had a noticeable drain in energy, such that when i decloaked to fire, i had already used a quarter of my energy while cloaked inbound.

After Mouse and me took out the 3 plats, we barely had any energy left to even shoot at you and had to break off out of the dictor to recharge and regroup.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-12-30 21:58 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-31 02:10   
I still find it very Ironic that having 90+ sig and you still can't see the missiles, but with my crappy internet, and being by myself on saterday, I was able to PD shrouds from both a ganglia and a hive with just double Long wave ECCM on my Sector Command Base. I'm not disputing there is an issue (Jack already issued the fix in beta), I'm just reporting what I'm seeing from ICC.

Second, It is not a game breaking mechanic. An emergency hotfix can't be tested thoroughly as it's rushed and has the potential to cause bigger problems. Example is when the new ship layouts came out. The dev's saw a problem and tried to correct it, but ended up making things worse due to the fact that it was a reflex hotfix and wasn't properly tested. The shroud issue will be fixed when the latest version comes out, just have some patience.

Finally, believe it or not most of us are not out to get you. Some of us want to see balanced game play that we all can enjoy. No need to personally attack people. Cheers and happy Holidays

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality *COM* on 2012-12-31 03:58 ]

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-31 04:59   
Long live having sig off the scale, yet PD doesn't work thanks to wonderful latency..

Can someone explain to me how that happens. Yes i know it has to do with latency i got that. but PD systems is automated to the game isn't it the game should register that missile before my PC does, so should that PD system take out the missile even if my PC is lacking some of packets and such

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-31 06:35   
just to be clear, what happened:

I sit there cloaked, in f4 is the message "cloaking device active"
i am suddenly uncloaked, no message "cloaking device active" in f4
i press v to cloak, there is message "cloaking device active" in f4, yet i dont actually drop signal.

prolly because i didnt have energy and my cloak got dmged.

back to topic: with enough eccm you can see things, longwave eccm can give u more time...

[ This Message was edited by: -Schweinhund- on 2012-12-31 06:38 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-31 07:08   
Quote:

On 2012-12-31 04:59, GunsOfHonor wrote:
Long live having sig off the scale, yet PD doesn't work thanks to wonderful latency..

Can someone explain to me how that happens. Yes i know it has to do with latency i got that. but PD systems is automated to the game isn't it the game should register that missile before my PC does, so should that PD system take out the missile even if my PC is lacking some of packets and such

Your client 'interprets' what happens so as to save on bandwidth and server load. Sometimes your client will incorrectly interpret what happens due to latency.

You may see yourself take damage, when in reality you have not, or visa versa. This is the reality of making a game like DarkSpace, and why no other game does it this way.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-12-31 07:36   
no, harpex is the real problem, haprex is OP, it is too loud!! hurry before all the players leave teh game!

(sarcasm)

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-31 08:18   
Harpex may be op but atleast you can see them.

Email *Flash*
zombat87
Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-31 14:51   
Quote:

On 2012-12-31 06:35, -Schweinhund- wrote:
just to be clear, what happened:

I sit there cloaked, in f4 is the message "cloaking device active"
i am suddenly uncloaked, no message "cloaking device active" in f4
i press v to cloak, there is message "cloaking device active" in f4, yet i dont actually drop signal.

prolly because i didnt have energy and my cloak got dmged.

back to topic: with enough eccm you can see things, longwave eccm can give u more time...

[ This Message was edited by: -Schweinhund- on 2012-12-31 06:38 ]

That happened to me last night as well, and few other times as well

Cruising away from the battlefield in my dread, assessing the situation in tactical when i notice my back armor is gone.
Go back to main screen to find my cloak had taken 100% damage and I was decloaked.
Had plently of energy and was moving 10gu which is more than slow enough to cruise under OOC cloak.

Did get boarded although the troops never showed in my cargo hold, but that was more than a minute before my cloak randomly exploded.

But it's happened a few times where my cloak had randomly shut itself off for no apparent reason, so something seems to be up.

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-31 20:56   
Personally i believe that shrouds shouldnt be changed hey if a cloaking device finally works without flaws and on missles i am happy. And normally when i shoot shrouds they all get PD so i dont see how changing them will help any i just think certain people want to make sure hat they don't get hit.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2013-01-01 05:30   
me too, i dont use shrounds because:

1st they usualy end up getting PD'ed
2nd they are ammo based, they run out and i hate running out of ammo
3rd i belive they dont hurt as much as psi (no sure about that)

there fore i only use psi. they still get pd'ed like shroud, but i cant stand there and launch the for 3 frikkn hours if i want. ant they arent so noisy like haprex, jeeez...

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-01 06:34   
once u fire shrouds u know u can shoot about 5 times before running outa energy and forced to shortjump or cloak to dodge incomin fire.

Once there is a couple ai close enough to your ship there is plenty of eccm to see and pd the missles.

What we do as luth, is move around to find good firing angle (cost energy), fire (cost even more energy) and move around to dodge fire or to keep line of fire (by this time the ship ran out of energy). with firing angle, i mean an angle where the ai eccm/beams doesnt reach the missles.

what ur "qq-ing" about is the fact some luth manage to control engine speed, manoevre around, find that perfect line of fire, manage to shoot 3 loads of missles before forced to jump, and by doing so actually broke your armor layer (unless u rotated...).

The suggested solutions where: "we need to see the missles and be able to pd them easier". And it seems some changes are suggested by devs in signal to help with that (signal from -0,5 to -2,5, to make client less "doubtfull" of seeing the missles or something i guess), but they immediatly got qq-ed on even more.

I dont see the problem...We fought equal battles, equal numbers (you have 2 more players, then we have 2 more players, merry go round), with equal losses. ganglia isnt overspammed, we have nice mix of ships in our fleets, and on the huge standoffs the neg signal of shrouds is almost neglectable (unless luth find this perfect line of fire).

everyone has latency issues, some players more then others.
I myself raged on the game for a long time before learning how when and why certain things wrongfully labelled as errors, occur. If the missles dont ping up inside your eccm in time cause they move at huge speed and ur standard eccm is to weak at long range, then get longwave eccm to buy you more time.

lets end this topic

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.029689 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR