No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.5 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » ATI Cards...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author ATI Cards...
Deleted

Posted: 2001-09-03 16:06   
I don't have the pixel centering in my advance display options, I'm using an ATI rage 128, and how do you disable alpha fonts?

chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2001-09-04 10:35   
heared this drivers should help

http://driver.ati.com/drivers/98me-656-010620b.exe

try it and post your experiences here

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-09-05 11:08   
Sunshine... I tried installing the new drivers and it claims they are incompatible with my display adapter. This is reather strange. I know that I do have an ATI RAGE 128 PRO card... AND I installed the DirectX 8.0a and Video Capture Update before trying to install the drivers. Any suggestions?

Matt Taylor
"The only good goblin is a dead goblin...
LOOK! A good goblin!"
-Quest for Glory - Who Wants to be a Hero?

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-09-05 11:19   
I now have the game working. After trying, and failing to install the latest ATI drivers, I went to the Display properties page, and realized that my adapter was listed as a FURY PRO/MAX card. I selected to change the adapter from the display panel. It brought up the drivers for the ATI RAGE 128 PRO adapter at that time. After installing these drivers, and resetting the display options for DarkStar... IT WORKED!!!!!!!! Finally, I can play this game that I've heard so much about.

Hopefully this will solve all ATI RAGE 128 PRO difficulties.

Matt Taylor
"The only good goblin is a dead goblin...
LOOK! A good goblin!"
-Quest for Glory: Who Wants to be a Hero

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-09-06 21:03   
I have an ATI Radeon 64MB DDR card with TV I/O and I can only seem to play for about 10 - 15 minutes before my computer freezes up and I have to do a cold re-boot.

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2001-09-07 04:55   
generaly to all posters here

would be nice to name the card and the driver-version precise

thanks a lot

[MoA]Bumblebee
Mercenaries of Andosia

MOD of the cleanest Forum in town

Email Bumblebee
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-09-14 02:34   
I'm having trouble with red position lights being displayed below where they should be.

ATI Rage 128 Pro
Driver version 4.11.01.6234

Vinco

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-09-22 05:57   
I have an ATi All-In-Wonder 128 card, and Windows ME and in-game I cant see the Menu, the box in the corner is blank and all I can do is spectate.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-09-22 10:00   
I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro with a Rage 128 Pro Chipset. I'm running Win 98SE at the moment...

I have the same problem as outlined above. I've posted screenshots to my website to outline what's going on:

http://svslicer.tripod.com/screens.htm

I've tried all the drivers, and still no good. About the only thing I havn't tried yet is finding my CD and installing the WinME release drivers. Course, once I do that, about the only thing I can play IS DarkSpace hehe.. since that driver has no OpenGL support.

Anyways, I'll post if more stuff goes wrong. Or heck, if stuff goes right... I'll even change my sig!

Please fix this ATI support asap

[ This Message was edited by: Stalker. on 2001-09-22 10:03 ]

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-09-23 07:27   
It's confirmed, the WinME release driver on the website is the ONLY driver that currently allows ATI cards to play DarkSpace.

I've tried EVERY other driver for 98 or ME on the site, and only the current release driver (98me-656-010620b.exe), does the trick. Every other driver sticks you in spectator mode, as well as not even SHOWING the loading screen, which, until now, I didn't even know existed

ALL ATI Rage 128 Users... or anyone with this ATI card problem with Darkspace, download this!!

Lord_Binary
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-09-23 07:33   
Me driver works with 98 ?

"Don't mention it! I have some bad Homo Sapiens!"
"

Email Lord_Binary
Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-09-23 11:29   
Sorry, should've specified. It's under the ME section, but it also works with Win98 (and 98 SE). ME and 98 are very similar (i.e., the same) in the way they handle drivers, so there's alot of cross-compatibility there.

Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-09-24 10:53   
The game just jumps out to the desktop everytime it happens to many things at once on the screen forexampel when i am shooting at a player and fire all my weapons at once at him.
I have a ATI RAGE Radeon 64DDR and win XP i have tested the newest drivers and some beta drivers but the same things happens all the time

Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-09-26 22:05   
>> I can you helpk me with a problem i have. When i start the game. I see a planet and then a minute later goes to a different planet. I heard that there is a play button in the box in the bottom right corner. I see the box. But yhere is the problem. My video i think wont render the text. I can't see any text or the play button. I just see in the box a small white messed up line and thats it. Can someone please tell me what is the problem. I have a ATI rage furry pro video card. Which is 32 megs. I run Windows ME. Please if anyone can help me i would really appricate it. <<

i too have this problem, is there a solution to it, or is it that ATI doesnt have drivers to fix it?!

Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-09-27 21:35   
i also have a rage 128 pro and is experiencing problems like "When i start the game. I see a planet and then a minute later goes to a different planet. I heard that there is a play button in the box in the bottom right corner. I see the box. But yhere is the problem. My video i think wont render the text. I can't see any text or the play button."

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016986 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR