- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC whats become of it.......?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author ICC whats become of it.......?
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-16 04:43   
i would rather listen to crim on this one, from personal experience. Crimson is an ICC player through and through, and has shown many times that he knows how to handle his ships.

yes, having those angles that crim talked about on your enemy helps, and dodging. teamwork also can help a smaller force (like the .483 Kluth) defeat a larger UGTO fleet. i've done it with the TB guys back then. Teamwork is seriously lacking nowadays.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-10-16 10:23   
ICC ships are really bad because since about version 1.482 people have just flown ships straight at other ships at close ranges and you can't do this anymore but god forbid anyone adapts, hope this helps

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-16 10:26   
It's just a little sad that 10,000gu, not even fighters will reach that far, let alone missiles and Ion Cannons.

As well, rotating a Station will only refresh the firing arcs, since its armour plating is a full coverage (one plate on front/aft/right/left facing) and doesn't benefit from spinning.

Unless of course gunfire is heavy enough that it damages a shield facing faster than you can redirect shield energy, but I like to think you're pretty screwed then regardless.

So, yes, while listening to Crim regarding ICC isn't necessarily the wrong way to go, he does arm himself of some dated statements, such as claiming any weapon in this version reaches 10,000gu or more. To wit, a Border Cruiser's SRR units have a reach of about 5,000gu before they disappear into nothingness. To postulate that a Station's weaponry (three steps up from Border Cruiser) will hit that 10,000 mark with missiles as well seems a bit too much to me. Its Ion Cannons should have a reach of 1,500gu, for starters.

------------

The most glaring fault on Crim's part is that he makes the presumption all ICC ships are balanced provided everyone flies like him. While each ship has situational use, the argument here seems to boil down to

Crim: You suck, I > you, fly like this, I CAN DO IT SO EVERYONE CAN.
Dilandu: Well your information is outdated, this is how it happens in reality with the majority of the ICC.
Crim: WELL THE MAJORITY OF THE ICC SUCKS.

An eloquent argument, no doubt, but it seems to me a valid issue if most of a faction walks into the same problem that perhaps the solution is not really obvious, and perhaps a closer development eye on it might be necessary.

I understand the developers and staff have a good reason to stay clear of this sort of threads, but would it perhaps behoove one of them to clarify the exact design idea held in mind when designing the ICC, and which 'flaws' were intended, and which were not?

I understand the shields recharging out of battle is meant to be changed to become faster, but there's issues like energy that are perhaps a bit more important to address.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-16 10:28   
Icc need more Paint jobs on ships, like the MC.

Maybe a Pink MD and a giant target on the front and back to symbolize it's usefulness in Long ranged combat, because has it stands theirs no such thing as Long ranged combat on DS.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-16 12:53   
There is still long range combat in DS. The trick is you need to have a good sized fleet available, if your a lone MD sitting out in space there is no reason for making someone think twice before jumping you.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-16 13:44   
I still want the pink MD.

Dilandu
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-16 17:14   
It seem our prayer's been heard.

Quote:

1.522 relase

- Changed shield enhancements to increase the recharge rate of both shield and armour.

Lets see if this works.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-16 18:06   
Reducing the effective amount of enhancements ICC can use in order to minimise their "out of combat" time doesn't look like a solution much.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-16 21:43   
Quote:

On 2009-10-16 10:26, Bardiche wrote:
The most glaring fault on Crim's part is that he makes the presumption all ICC ships are balanced provided everyone flies like him. While each ship has situational use, the argument here seems to boil down to

Crim: You suck, I > you, fly like this, I CAN DO IT SO EVERYONE CAN.
Dilandu: Well your information is outdated, this is how it happens in reality with the majority of the ICC.
Crim: WELL THE MAJORITY OF THE ICC SUCKS.

You're such a fun troll, Bardiche. <3

Anyways, have you even played Darkspace in the past year constantly? I think even Goththug's played more then you.

And if you've ever seen me play, I don't exactly do alot of razzledazzle. I just fly with some sort of smarts, and know that if a target is shooting at me from one place, I'll move to another place to dodge. While I'm not saying everyone on ICC suck, I'm saying that they aren't exactly using the faction for what it's supposed to be used for.

Email Supertrooper
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-16 22:06   
I'd thought you above "lol you play too little", Crim. I'm so hurt your opinion of Thug > me, but oh well, what can I do. I thought you could appreciate the joke in how you often come off to me in /send f, but I was mistaken. If I wanted to troll, I'd point out how conveniently you avoid commenting on the 10,000gu Station combat.

I think the amount of razzledazzle you do is more than the basic amount of razzledazzle I see in the metaverse.

I was trying to say that the point may be obvious to you, that a change in tactics is necessary, but not many other people find it so obvious. There are still loud complaints (which may actually be a minority of players, come to think of it) about how ICC weapons "suck" and how "UGTO is better at everything".

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-16 22:34   
Quote:

On 2009-10-16 22:06, Bardiche wrote:
I'd thought you above "lol you play too little", Crim. I'm so hurt your opinion of Thug > me, but oh well, what can I do. I thought you could appreciate the joke in how you often come off to me in /send f, but I was mistaken. If I wanted to troll, I'd point out how conveniently you avoid commenting on the 10,000gu Station combat.

I think the amount of razzledazzle you do is more than the basic amount of razzledazzle I see in the metaverse.

I was trying to say that the point may be obvious to you, that a change in tactics is necessary, but not many other people find it so obvious. There are still loud complaints (which may actually be a minority of players, come to think of it) about how ICC weapons "suck" and how "UGTO is better at everything".

Too good of a troll, too good.

Email Supertrooper
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-10-16 22:43   
[Like, active on the aft/fore and reactives on the sides? I don't get what you mean. I think you still think we can take items like shields and weapons and put them in the cargo, and we can't. Mixing up shields this version can lead to alot of problems if you aren't careful, like certain areas of your ship being alot weaker then others, and if your enemy has one day of experience, they'll know how to exploit your weakness.

And again, this is what I've come up with from playing ICC since 2003, and during .483 and .500 when these ships where upgraded.

[/quote]

Actually, what I like doing on stations is I swap ALL the shields to aux reactors and all the aux reactors to active shields.

Gain power regeneration and vasty faster shield regeneration (although the shields do not rotate properly) -- the second layer of shields will do that however.

Dilandu
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-16 23:00   
Quote:

On 2009-10-16 21:43, Captain Crim wrote:

Anyways, have you even played Darkspace in the past year constantly? I think even Goththug's played more then you.

While I'm not saying everyone on ICC suck, I'm saying that they aren't exactly using the faction for what it's supposed to be used for.

I can testify, was on kluth, saw Bardiche has been testing the border cruiser, the heavy cruiser for the last 3 nights consecutively. Immedately after i saw his post with his test results.

I've also seen Verown, Leo, the Fridge, Fronax, GAdmiral 77.

Crim i have NOT seen.

[ This Message was edited by: Dilandu on 2009-10-16 23:05 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-16 23:47   
Quote:

On 2009-10-16 23:00, Dilandu wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-16 21:43, Captain Crim wrote:

While I'm not saying everyone on ICC suck, I'm saying that they aren't exactly using the faction for what it's supposed to be used for.

I can testify, was on kluth, saw Bardiche has been testing the border cruiser, the heavy cruiser for the last 3 nights consecutively. Immedately after i saw his post with his test results.

I've also seen Verown, Leo, the Fridge, Fronax, GAdmiral 77.

Crim i have NOT seen.

[ This Message was edited by: Dilandu on 2009-10-16 23:05 ]

Just because I'm not on when you are doesn't mean I don't play. Then again, there is no logic in Darkspace.

Email Supertrooper
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-16 23:48   
Flattered, Dilandu, but the issue here isn't who has or has not been online, nor should it be.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023727 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR